106 Amazing Cat Facts
1. Good dancing is indicative of superior health and reproductive potential, which is why people are attracted to talented dancers.
2. Cats also have whiskers on the back of their front legs.
3. Most cats have no eyelashes.
4. Cats are one of the only animals to domesticate themselves and approached humans on their own terms
5. Scatomanc y is telling the future by looking at turds.
6. Old cats meow more because they have kitty Alzheimer's.
7. A cat's IQ is only surpassed by that of monkeys and chimps in the world of animals.
8. Catoptrophobia is the fear of mirrors.
9. There is a cat in a Rhode Island nursing home that was able to predict 50 patient deaths and would curl up in bed with them till
10. Herons can hold feathers in their mouths to use as a lure to catch fish.
11. There are very few actual 'wild horses' anymore. You're more likely to find a feral horse, one whose ancestors were domesticated.
12. According to a 2010 study from Cato, legalizing marijuana would generate $8.7 billion in federal and state tax revenue annually.
13. The term 'devil's advocate' was originally the church official appointed to argue against a candidate for sainthood.
14. Cat owners tend to be less manipulative, more modest, and more trustworthy than dog owners.
15. Karl Lagerfeld’s cat has two maids who write down everything it does in a special book.
16. The Catholic Church is the largest non-governmental provider of health services in the world.
17. Domestic cats purr at about 26 cycles per second, which is around the same frequency as an idling diesel engine.
18. A cat's nose pad is as unique as a human fingerprint. No two nose prints are identical.
19. Today there are about 100 distinct breeds of the domestic cat.
20. Cats make over 100 different vocal sounds; dogs can make about ten.
21. Grumpy Cat earned more than Gwyneth Paltrow in 2014.
22. Kittens are born both blind and deaf.
23. According to Catholic tradition, the ‘Limbo of the Children’ is a nursery on the edge of Hell for unbaptised infants.
24. Ancient Egyptians shaved their eyebrows in mourning when their cats died.
25. A recent study found that cold viruses replicated more efficiently at colder temperatures, meaning that cold weather does cause colds.
26. Cat night vision is 6 times better than human night vision
27. Cats show trust by headbutting people.
28. Children are more allergic to cockroaches than they are to cats.
29. A study found that cats do not necessarily have a preference for their owners over strangers.
30. "Went to my first party, drank for the first time, had my first kiss, lost my viginity, and got my first STD. Catholic girls party hard"-CSC
31. The original grumpy cat suffers from dwarfism and that is how it got its expression.
32. Cats are the only animals that purr. They can purr at around 26 cycles per second, which is the same frequency as an idling diesel engine.
33. Cats have 32 muscles in each ear and can turn their ear very quickly to catch noise.
34. Cats are the only known animal, aside from humans, that prefer to be given things freely rather than having to work for them.
35. A group of wild cats is called a "destruction."
36. Sad but true, the CIA once spent $20 million training cats to spy on the Soviets, but the first spy cat was hit by a taxi and died.
37. The C.I.A. once spent $20 million USD training cats to spy on the Soviets, but the 1st spy cat was hit by a taxi.
38. Cats 'Headbutt' people because they make them feel safe, or they trust them.
39. Catapedamania is an excessive enthusiasm for jumping from high places.
40. Cats cannot taste sweet things.
41. Cats cough up about 180 hairballs during their lifetime
42. Sir Isaac Newton invented the cat door.
43. Cats have five toes on each front paw, but only four toes on each back paw.
44. A cat can jump even seven times as high as it is tall.
45. A study suggests that keeping cats can increase chances of developing mental illnesses, and cause suicidal behavior in females.
46. To prevent illegal online download, a band named Guster, released an album with all the songs replaced by cat meows.
47. Cats decided to live with humans on their own and domesticated themselves.
48. Cats can hear ultrasound
49. It was once believed that cats worshipped the devil.
50. Cats drink by moving their tongues so quickly it forms a column of liquid that shoots into their mouths.
51. If cats don’t encounter people by the time they’re 10 weeks old, they will always be scared of them.
52. A cat’s brain can store 1,000 times more data than an iPad.
53. Cat urine glows under a black-light.
54. A litter of kittens is called a kindle, and a group of cats is called a clowder.
55. Jaguars are the only big cats that don't roar.
56. Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds, dogs only have about ten.
57. Cats are believed to be responsible for the extinction of several species of animals.
58. A group of cats is called a clowder.
59. In the Hundred Years War, dead soldiers had their faces burned off with hot irons to prevent identification.
60. Cats ï¿½Headbuttï¿½ people because they make them feel safe, or they trust them.
61. Cats tend to clean themselves after you pet them because they hate the human smell.
62. A cat's ear has a total of thirty two muscles.
63. Cats do not think that they are little people. They think that we are big cats.
64. Julius Ceasar, Henri II, Charles XI, and Napoleon were all afraid of cats.
65. Warren Beatty once worked as a rat catcher.
66. Cats, namely stray and feral cats, have been blamed for the global extinction of 33 species.
67. Domestic cats hate lemons or other citrus scents.
68. Pumas don't really roar even though they are big cats. They prefer to make a series of sounds similar to whistles, squeaks and purrs.
69. Over 200 mice are reported in the Houses of Parliament each year, but the authorities won’t get a cat because no one can be trusted to look after it responsibly.
70. When cats blink slowly at you, it is a sign of affection referred to as a "cat kiss."
71. A cat named Tama is a manager at a railway station in Japan, a job which pays her in cat food. During her tenure ridership has increased 10%
72. Americans will spend more on cat food this year than baby food.
73. Owning a cat can reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes by more than a third.
74. 5% of cats are allergic to humans.
75. Cat urine glows under a black-light!
76. A cat can independently rotate its ears 180 degrees.
77. There is a dating app that caters to the rich by weeding out the poor.
78. A study suggests that keeping cats can increase chances of developing mental illnesses and cause suicidal behavior in women.
79. Dogs and cats, like humans, are either right or left handed... or is that paws?!
80. A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor.
81. Owning a cat at home reduces the risk of heart attack by 40% and stroke by 30%.
82. Catgut comes from sheep not cats.
83. Cats are members of the Felidea family.
84. A cat's sense of smell is about 14 times stronger than ours.
85. Tomcat urine smells like cheddar cheese.
86. A cat is pregnant for about 58-65 days.
87. There are cats who have survived falls from over 32 stories.
88. Cats get an average of 16 hours of sleep per day.
89. Mother cats teach their kittens to use the litter box.
90. Cats have an average of 24 whiskers, arranged in four horizontal rows on each side.
91. Naked mole rats are immune to cancer because of a cell defense mechanism, that stops a cell from replicating.
92. In the cat family, only cheetahs cannot retract their claws.
93. Cats make over 100 different vocal sounds: dogs can make about ten.
94. When given unlimited access to mice, cats will kill about 15 before stopping.
95. Cat owners tend to be smarter than dog owners, according to a study.
96. Cat food and fish are not interchangeable, fish is actually the third biggest allergen for cats, stick to cat food.
97. The leader of Brighton council is called Jason Kitcat.
98. 69% of the cocaine sold in the US contains de-worming medication.
99. Cats have over 100 vocal chords.
100. The US Air Force lost a nuclear bomb near the US East Coast. To this day, the location of the bomb is still unknown.
101. Cats rub their faces against objects to claim them as their territory - When a cat rubs your face, you are considered their family.
102. A total of 81 girls were named Cheetara after she was added to the "ThunderCats" line-up in 1985.
103. Cats can form "wings."
104. When you see a cat, slowly blink at it. If it blinks back, the cat is content with you.
105. 82% of Catholics surveyed said birth control is morally OK.
106. Cathisophobia is the fear of sitting.
Trending in Animals
54 Bear Facts
Theodore Roosevelt had guinea pigs called Admiral Dewey, Bishop Doane, Dr Johnson, Father O’Grady and Fighting Bob Evans, and a small bear called Jonathan Edwards.
You can tell if a duck has bird flu by smelling its droppings.
Coyotes in the US have learnt how traffic lights work so they can cross the road safely.
Chimpanzees can identify each other by looking at photographs of their bottoms.
Lizards can’t breathe and walk at the same time.
The giant palm salamander can stick its tongue out 50 times faster than you can blink.
Seahorses beat their fins almost as fast as hummingbirds beat their wings.
Vultures can turn a dead body into a skeleton in under five hours.
The world’s largest and most complete Tyrannosaurus Rex skeleton is called Sue.