Awesome Hummingbird Facts
1. Hummingbirds are the only birds that can fly BACKWARDS.
2. The smallest bird in the world is the Hummingbird. It weighs 1oz.
3. The Anna’s hummingbird chirps with its bottom.
4. Hummingbirds consume half of their weight in food daily.
5. Hummingbirds can beat their wings up to 100 times per second
6. Hummingbirds are the only birds that can fly backwards
7. Hummingbirds lay eggs the size of peas.
8. When hummingbirds dive, their bodies twerk faster than any other vertebrate on the planet.
9. Hummingbirds have 2,000 meals a day and hibernate every night.
10. Hummingbirds have such a high metabolism that they are continuously hours away from starving to death.
11. Hummingbirds can weigh less than a penny.
Trending in Animals
54 Bear Facts
Theodore Roosevelt had guinea pigs called Admiral Dewey, Bishop Doane, Dr Johnson, Father O’Grady and Fighting Bob Evans, and a small bear called Jonathan Edwards.
Reindeer have golden eyes in summer and blue eyes in winter.
You can tell if a duck has bird flu by smelling its droppings.
Coyotes in the US have learnt how traffic lights work so they can cross the road safely.
Chimpanzees can identify each other by looking at photographs of their bottoms.
Lizards can’t breathe and walk at the same time.
The giant palm salamander can stick its tongue out 50 times faster than you can blink.
Vultures can turn a dead body into a skeleton in under five hours.