Cool Octopus Facts
1. The blood of an octopus is a pale bluish/green
2. An octopus will eat its own arms if it gets really hungry.
3. An octopus can change its shape and color to blend in with its surroundings.
4. Studies have shown that octopuses learn easily, including learning by observation of another octopus.
5. An octopus actually has 6 arms and 2 legs, not 8 legs.
6. A female octopus is called a hen.
7. Two-thirds of an octopus’s brain is in its arms.
8. The US launched a spy rocket with a logo featuring an octopus and the words "Nothing is beyond our reach."
9. An octopus is able to squeeze through a hole the size of a dime.
10. A stressed or sick octopus will sometimes bite its own arms off.
11. An octopus is about the size of a flea at birth.
Trending in Animals
54 Bear Facts
Theodore Roosevelt had guinea pigs called Admiral Dewey, Bishop Doane, Dr Johnson, Father O’Grady and Fighting Bob Evans, and a small bear called Jonathan Edwards.
Reindeer have golden eyes in summer and blue eyes in winter.
You can tell if a duck has bird flu by smelling its droppings.
Coyotes in the US have learnt how traffic lights work so they can cross the road safely.
Chimpanzees can identify each other by looking at photographs of their bottoms.
Lizards can’t breathe and walk at the same time.
The giant palm salamander can stick its tongue out 50 times faster than you can blink.
Seahorses beat their fins almost as fast as hummingbirds beat their wings.