Interesting Rabbit Facts
1. Rabbits can see behind them without turning around.
2. With the ability to sprint at speeds up to 40 mph even jackrabbits have a hard time staying ahead of a coyote.
3. In 1726, a woman once convinced doctors that she gave birth to rabbits.
4. Hares have fur and can see from birth, but rabbits are born naked and blind.
5. You should never give rabbits a full body bath, because they might die from shock.
6. A baby rabbit is called a kit (or kitten).
7. Rabbits and horses cannot vomit.
8. The marsh rabbit can swim and dive
9. Contrary to popular belief, carrots are actually bad for rabbits.
10. In Aztec culture, a rabbit was worth 10 cocoa beans and a slave was worth 100 beans.
11. Rabbits are incapable of vomiting.
Trending in Animals
54 Bear Facts
Theodore Roosevelt had guinea pigs called Admiral Dewey, Bishop Doane, Dr Johnson, Father O’Grady and Fighting Bob Evans, and a small bear called Jonathan Edwards.
Reindeer have golden eyes in summer and blue eyes in winter.
You can tell if a duck has bird flu by smelling its droppings.
Chimpanzees can identify each other by looking at photographs of their bottoms.
Lizards can’t breathe and walk at the same time.
The giant palm salamander can stick its tongue out 50 times faster than you can blink.
Seahorses beat their fins almost as fast as hummingbirds beat their wings.
Vultures can turn a dead body into a skeleton in under five hours.