Impressive Sheep Facts
1. In 2013, 160 sheep were stolen from the Dorset village of Wool.
2. The bagpipe was first made from the liver of a sheep.
3. Sheep can recognize other sheep from pictures!
4. Herds of sheep moved at night must have a white light at the front and a red light at the rear.
5. Sheared sheep don't recognize each other and fight for a few days to re-establish a hierarchy.
6. Sheep outnumber humans in New Zealand 15 to 1.
7. A sheep, a duck and a rooster were the first passengers in a hot air balloon.
8. Sheep can recognize other sheep from pictures.
9. Sheep can recognize each other through pictures.
10. Sheep can see behind themselves without moving their heads.
11. A sheep, a duck and a rooster were the first animals to fly in a hot air balloon.
Trending in Animals
54 Bear Facts
Theodore Roosevelt had guinea pigs called Admiral Dewey, Bishop Doane, Dr Johnson, Father O’Grady and Fighting Bob Evans, and a small bear called Jonathan Edwards.
Reindeer have golden eyes in summer and blue eyes in winter.
You can tell if a duck has bird flu by smelling its droppings.
Coyotes in the US have learnt how traffic lights work so they can cross the road safely.
Chimpanzees can identify each other by looking at photographs of their bottoms.
Lizards can’t breathe and walk at the same time.
The giant palm salamander can stick its tongue out 50 times faster than you can blink.
Seahorses beat their fins almost as fast as hummingbirds beat their wings.