Fun Sloth Facts
1. Sloths digestive system is so slow it takes 30 days to digest one leaf.
2. It takes about 30 days for a sloth to digest one leaf.
3. The pangolin is an animal with an armadillo's scales, a sloth's claws, and a skunk's spray.
4. Sloths can swim 3 times faster than they can move on land â€” They can also hold their breath for up to 40 minutes.
5. 12% of a sloth’s energy is used to climb up and down trees to go to the lavatory.
6. Sloths can starve to death with a full stomach.
7. Sometimes, sloths will remain hanging from branches after death, held in place by their claws.
8. More than half of sloth deaths occur on their once a week trip to poop.
9. A group of bears is called a sleuth or sloth.
10. Females sloths broadcast their readiness to mate with a high-pitched scream.
11. Sloths can eat sleep, mate and even give birth upside down!
12. Sloths take two weeks to digest their food.
13. The sloth moves so slowly that green algae can grow undisturbed on its fur!
14. A single sloth can be home to 980 different beetles.
15. The sloth (a mammal) moves so slowly that green algae can grow undisturbed on its fur.
Trending in Animals
Reindeer have golden eyes in summer and blue eyes in winter.
You can tell if a duck has bird flu by smelling its droppings.
Coyotes in the US have learnt how traffic lights work so they can cross the road safely.
Chimpanzees can identify each other by looking at photographs of their bottoms.
Lizards can’t breathe and walk at the same time.
The giant palm salamander can stick its tongue out 50 times faster than you can blink.
Seahorses beat their fins almost as fast as hummingbirds beat their wings.
Vultures can turn a dead body into a skeleton in under five hours.