Stunning California Facts
1. There is an officially recognized School of Wizardry in California.
2. A 29-year-old California man tore a tendon in his thumb after playing "Candy Crush Saga" on his smartphone all day for 6-8 weeks.
3. It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale. (California)
4. Dr. Phil has never had a license to practice psychology in California and considers himself "retired from psychology."
5. The California mite Paratarsotomus macropalpis can run 300 of its own body lengths per second: 20 times faster than a cheetah.
6. According to a Craigslist study, people in California have the most "Missed Connections" in 24 Hour Fitness.
7. Intentionally farting on a California prison guard can get you an additional 11 years in prison.
8. It is now illegal to distribute "revenge porn" (video or photos of your ex) in California.
9. A survey concluded that San Jose is the least open-minded city in California when it comes to dating.
10. The holiday song "Let It Snow" was written in California during a summer heat wave.
11. California was the first state in the U.S. to ban smoking in bars.
12. There is a street in California that is called 'Slave Girl.'
13. Kids in California, as young as 12, can have condoms discreetly sent to them for free.
14. California (population 37,000,000) has only 58 more bars than Wisconsin (population 5,600,000)
15. LSD was legal in California until 1966.
16. A surfer in California once sued another surfer for "stealing his wave."
17. California was the first U.S. state that banned Marijuana a century ago.
18. California needs about 11 trillion gallons of water to recover from its current drought.
19. In the California gold rush, water cost more than gold.
20. There is a street in California that is called "Slave Girl."
21. One out of every eight Americans is from California.
22. California quail chicks can start running an hour after they hatch.
23. In the state of California, you need more hours to become a Barber than a Police officer.
24. Since 1980, California has built 22 new prisons, but only one new University of California campus.
25. A pod of killer whales off the coast of California learned to hypnotise sharks and then eat them.
26. California has issued at least 7 drivers licenses to people named Jesus Christ.
27. There are nearly as many inmates in California state prisons as there are in U.S. federal prisons.
28. 3 million more people live in California than in the entire country of Canada.
29. Beverley Hills, California is only community not located in a desert being fined for not conserving enough water during the drought.
Trending in Cities
45 London Facts
In 1849, the Viceroy of Egypt gave London Zoo a hippo in exchange for a greyhound.
It is illegal in Chicago for lawns to have weeds more than 10 inches tall.
There is only one stop sign in the whole of Paris.
In 2013, Detroit stopped issuing death certificates because it ran out of paper.
The highest point in Pennsylvania is lower than the lowest point in Colorado.
In ancient Rome, fathers had the legal right to kill their children.
In 19th-century Maryland, it was illegal to sell mineral water on a Sunday.
In 2013, a judge in Michigan found himself in contempt of court when his mobile phone went off during a trial.
Christopher Columbus was only fourteen when he went out to sea for the first time.