Stunning Hawaii Facts
1. Due to their time zones, Kiribati is the first country to ring in the New Year, while Honolulu, Hawaii in the U.S. is among the last.
2. An 11 year old boy led the Hawaiian scholar Hiram Bingham to "discover" Machu Picchu about 100 years ago.
3. If you leave Tokyo by plane at 7 am, you will arrive in Honolulu, Hawaii at approximately 7.45 pm the previous day.
4. 'Wiki' means 'quick' in Hawaiian.
5. There is a type of fish that can climb up waterfalls in Hawaii.
6. The happiest and least stressed state in the country is Hawaii.
7. The Hawaiian alphabet only has twelve letters: a,e,i,o,u,h,k,l,m,n,p,w.
8. The name of the official state fish of Hawaii = Humuhumunukunukuapua.
9. A University of Hawaii study revealed that shorter men live longer lives.
10. The name "Lilo" means "Lost" in Hawaiian.
11. Before humans reached Hawaii, the dominant animals there were giant ducks.
12. A flower over the left ear in Hawaii signifies a woman if no longer single.
13. Hawaiian pizza was actually invented in Canada.
Trending in Cities
45 London Facts
In 1849, the Viceroy of Egypt gave London Zoo a hippo in exchange for a greyhound.
It is illegal in Chicago for lawns to have weeds more than 10 inches tall.
There is only one stop sign in the whole of Paris.
In 2013, Detroit stopped issuing death certificates because it ran out of paper.
The highest point in Pennsylvania is lower than the lowest point in Colorado.
In ancient Rome, fathers had the legal right to kill their children.
In 19th-century Maryland, it was illegal to sell mineral water on a Sunday.