Cool Michigan Facts
1. Due to the high amount of mercury in Lake Michigan, more than 40% of the fish are born autistic and do not survive their first year.
2. M-185 on Mackinaw Island in Michigan is the only highway in the US that prohibits cars. Users can travel on foot, bicycle, or horse.
3. In 2013, a judge in Michigan found himself in contempt of court when his mobile phone went off during a trial.
4. The state with the longest coastline in the Continental U.S. is Michigan.
5. Michigan has towns called Paradise and Hell that are less than 300 miles apart.
6. Taking a short walk during the workday can improve memory and attention by as much as 20%, according to a University of Michigan study.
7. In 2003, there were 86 days of below-freezing weather in Hell, Michigan
8. "After my dad died one of our dogs would sometimes randomly bark at the couch where my dad used to lay." - Michigan, USA
9. There is a town called Paradise and a town called Hell in Michigan.
Trending in Cities
45 London Facts
In 1849, the Viceroy of Egypt gave London Zoo a hippo in exchange for a greyhound.
It is illegal in Chicago for lawns to have weeds more than 10 inches tall.
There is only one stop sign in the whole of Paris.
The highest point in Pennsylvania is lower than the lowest point in Colorado.
In ancient Rome, fathers had the legal right to kill their children.
In 19th-century Maryland, it was illegal to sell mineral water on a Sunday.
In 2013, a judge in Michigan found himself in contempt of court when his mobile phone went off during a trial.