Top New York Facts
1. Marlboro cigarettes sold in New York contain more tar and nicotine than those sold in all other states!
2. The entire country of Ukraine has about the same defense budget as New York City.
3. New York's Central Park is nearly twice the size of the entire country of Monaco.
4. A deer walked into the emergency room of Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester, New York after it was hit by a car.
5. If you ate in a different New York eatery every day for 12 years, you still wouldn’t have visited all of the city’s restaurants.
6. The Zip Code 12345 is assigned to General Electric in Schenectady, New York.
7. New buildings in New York must have twice as many women’s toilets as men’s.
8. In New York City, approximately 1,600 people are bitten by other humans every year.
9. 400 million gallons of raw sewage flow out of New York every year; the same as the volume of petrol Americans use every day.
10. The Dallas/Ft. Worth airport is larger than New York City's Manhattan Island.
11. Every workday, 6.7 million people commute to Manhattan!
12. Manhattan Island of New York City was purchased for $24 from the Algonquian Indians in 1624!
13. If Manhattan had the same population density as Alaska, there would only be 15 people living there.
Trending in Cities
There is only one stop sign in the whole of Paris.
In 2013, Detroit stopped issuing death certificates because it ran out of paper.
In 19th-century Maryland, it was illegal to sell mineral water on a Sunday.
In 2013, a judge in Michigan found himself in contempt of court when his mobile phone went off during a trial.
Christopher Columbus was only fourteen when he went out to sea for the first time.
Before humans reached Hawaii, the dominant animals there were giant ducks.
The Tightwad Bank serves the town of Tightwad, Missouri.
In 2013, a PayPal computer error briefly made a man in Pennsylvania the richest person in the world.