Awesome Texas Facts
1. When bitten by a coral snake, a Texas man killed the snake by biting off the snake's head and using the decapitated body as a tourniquet.
2. California, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York and Texas are the 5 most haunted states.
3. The highest mountain in Texas has a stainless steel pyramid at its summit.
4. The first choice of a name for Disney’s Hannah Montana was Alexis Texas, but it was already taken by a porn star.
5. Earth, Texas is the only place on Earth named "Earth."
6. The widest freeway in the world is the I-10 in Houston, Texas at 26 lanes across.
7. Dildos are illegal in Texas.
8. BeyoncÃ© has donated $7 million to build a low-income housing project for homeless families in Houston, Texas.
9. The drugs used for a lethal injection in Texas cost $83.
10. The state of Texas has over 430 ghost towns.
11. The 'King Ranch' in Texas is bigger than the state of Rhode Island.
12. The Texas flag is the only state flag that is allowed to fly at the same height as the U.S. flag.
13. Texas is the only state where citizens also pledge allegiance to the state flag.
14. There are about 3000 tigers living in the wild and about 3000 captive tigers in the state of Texas alone.
15. In Texas, a 52 yr old woman was arrested for being found guilty of sending threats and harassing texts to herself.
16. The population of the world can live within the state boundaries of Texas.
17. If Texas were a country, its GNP would be the fifth largest of any country in the world.
18. The villains in Psycho, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Silence of the Lambs are all based on the same man.
19. Chuck Norris is actually a Texas Ranger.
20. "Oil" is the favorite word of people building online dating profiles in the U.S. states of Texas, Oklahoma, and North Dakota.
21. You are more likely to die as a crack dealer in Chicago than as a death row inmate in Texas.
Trending in Cities
45 London Facts
In 1849, the Viceroy of Egypt gave London Zoo a hippo in exchange for a greyhound.
It is illegal in Chicago for lawns to have weeds more than 10 inches tall.
There is only one stop sign in the whole of Paris.
In 2013, Detroit stopped issuing death certificates because it ran out of paper.
The highest point in Pennsylvania is lower than the lowest point in Colorado.
In ancient Rome, fathers had the legal right to kill their children.
In 19th-century Maryland, it was illegal to sell mineral water on a Sunday.