95 Random China Facts
1. "Fruit Sister" is what people in China call Katy Perry.
2. A survey found that 94% of people in Thailand are religious, making it the most religious country in the world â€” China is the least with 7%.
3. Roughly a quarter of the world's people live in China.
4. In 2013, a dad in China hired gamers to kill his son in video games so the son would start looking for a job and get a life.
5. China's factories dump 60,000,000 tons of waste into the ocean every day '” 90% of China's water is polluted.
6. 40 million people in China live in caves.
7. If China imported just 10% of it's rice needs- the price on the world market would increase by 80%.
8. Air pollution in China increases snowfall in California.
9. Since 1990, the number of people living in poverty in China has fallen from 85% to 15%.
10. Alice in Wonderland was banned in China because the government believed the idea of talking animals was an insult to humans.
11. In China, the Man in the Moon is known as the Toad in the Moon.
12. Karate was originally called "te". It was later influenced by material artists from China and called "kara te" meaning "Chinese hand"
13. China blocks Facebook but still has 95 million Facebook users.
14. One-third of the population of China can’t speak the country’s official language.
15. American flags made in China are banned in the U.S. Military.
16. China has 4 megacities of over 10 million people, the most of any country.
17. It is cheaper to send Scottish cod to China to be filleted and sent back again than to fillet the fish in Scotland.
18. China is home to 26 out of the 86 most populated cities in the world.
19. There is a book available in China "Harry Potter and the Chinese Overseas Students at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry".
20. China is building massive cities just to keep builders busy and generate growth. The result are ghost metropolis.
21. Fortune cookies were actually invented in America, not China.
22. China is the world’s largest consumer of red wine.
23. In China, it is acceptable to walk into an IKEA store to relax and take a nap.
24. China has more English-speaking people than the United States.
25. You immediately go to jail for a DUI in China.
26. There are enough empty homes in China for everyone in the UK to have one each.
27. China gets a new skyscraper every five days.
28. If the population of China began walking past you in a single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction
29. Chop-suey is not a native Chinese dish, it was created in California by Chinese immigrants.
30. The great wall of China is 1,400 miles long.
31. There was once a traffic jam in China that lasted nine days.
32. The labourers who built the Great Wall of China were were fed on sauerkraut.
33. It's a crime to mime in China.
34. Facebook now has more monthly active users than China has people.
35. China has more English speakers than the United States.
36. China has 64 million vacant homes, including entire cities that are empty.
37. In China, the bride wears red.
38. The construction of the Great Wall of China took over 2 thousands years.
39. The Great Wall of China is the only man-made structure visible from space.
40. A teenager in China once sold his kidney to buy an iPad.
41. The great wall of China is 1,400 miles long!
42. "Little Cow" is what some people in China call Ariana Grande.
43. More people in China speak English than in the United States.
44. In China, you can be a professional flatulence smeller and make about $50,000.00 USD a year.
45. In ancient China, people committed suicide by eating a pound of salt.
46. The US has about 9 billion chickens. China has more than 13 billion.
47. People in parts of Western China put salt in their tea instead of sugar.
48. After her boyfriend dumped her, a woman in China ate chicken at a KFC for an entire week to mourn.
49. All the pandas in the world come from China. When a baby panda is born, by agreement, it is sent back to China via FedEx.
50. The Chinese ideogram for 'trouble' depicts two women living under one roof.
51. In China, it is illegal to use a pun in advertising or on television.
52. If you kill a Panda in the country of China, you will be punished by death.
53. Although China spans five time zones, there is only one national time.
54. Rich people in China can hire body doubles to serve their prison sentence.
55. Beijing in the 2nd largest city in China. The largest city is Shanghai, in the south.
56. China has salamanders as large as humans.
57. Professional porn censors in China get paid to watch over 150 pornographic DVDs each week, start to finish.
58. China has more English speakers than the United States
59. The farmers of Hanyuan, China, are forced to pollinate pear trees by hand because all the bees died off.
60. In China, some school days run from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM
61. The English-speaking population is higher in China that in the United States.
62. In China, 85% of people share the same 100 last names.
63. Spitting in public was socially acceptable in China for five millennia, but due to fears over the spread of SARS in 2003, it is now illegal.
64. Rich people in China hire body doubles to serve their prison sentences. This practice is called Ding zui
65. China has treatment camps for Internet addicts.
66. China has 350 million smokers â€” meaning the Chinese smoking population is higher than the entire population of the United States.
67. According to a 2013 report, there are 20 million more men in China then there are women.
68. The Nintendo Wii, Playstation and XBox are all banned in China, even though they are all manufactured in China.
69. By 2025, China will have 10 New York-sized cities.
70. "Lord of Butt" is what people in Hong Kong and China call Jennifer Lopez.
71. "Numbing-Spicy Chicken" is what people in China call Nicki Minaj.
72. In China, a man sued his wife for being ugly â€“ and won
73. After 60 years of pregnancy a 92 year old woman in China delivered a stone.
74. Many people in parts of China eat insects. Some common insects are bean worms, scoprions, and locusts.
75. China has blocked Facebook, Twitter and The New York Times since 2009.
76. In China, women who remain unmarried until their late 20s are called 'leftover women'.
77. China used more concrete in three years than the U.S. used in the entire 20th century.
78. It is illegal for unmarried women in China to have a baby out of wedlock.
79. Rich people in China often hire body doubles to serve their prison sentences.
80. In China, you can buy pears that are shaped like babies.
81. In just China, if you are truly one in a million, there are over 1,000 people who are just like you.
82. In China, Burger King sells PooPoo Smoothies.
83. In China, killing a panda is punishable by death.
84. The cost of a tourist visa for China is $130 for Americans and $30 for the rest of the world.
85. A man in China once had 9,999 red roses sewn into a dress for his girlfriend before asking for her hand in marriage.
86. China invented exams.
87. In China there is a website that lets you rent a girlfriend for as low as $31 for a week
88. Grenades were invented in China over 1,000 years ago.
89. A teenager in China sold his kidney to buy an iPad
90. China consumes more steel than the United States, Europe and Japan combined.
91. If the population of China walked past you in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
92. China has announced the end of its hugely controversial one-child policy, saying that all couples will now be allowed two children.
93. In 2013, China’s only female Mao Zedong impersonator was divorced by her husband, who ‘got tired of feeling that he was sleeping with the Chairman’.
94. The Great Wall of China was funded by a state lottery.
95. During its construction, the Great Wall of China was called the longest cemetery on earth because 1 million people died building it.
Trending in Countries
Toilet Duck, cellophane and the division sign (÷) were all invented in Switzerland.
In Mogadishu, the capital of Somalia, there is only one flower shop.
95 China Facts
There are enough empty homes in China for everyone in the UK to have one each.
From 1974 to 1976, Shirley Temple was US Ambassador to Ghana.
Greece is the only country in the world whose name contains none of the letters in the word ‘Olympiads’.
There are more people living in mobile homes in the US than live in the whole of the Netherlands.
Luxembourg is the only country in the world ruled by a Grand Duke.
In some parts of Germany, it is illegal to show The Life of Brian on Good Friday.
Sexmoan, a small fishing town in the Philippines, changed its name in 1991 to Sasmuan.