Impressive Egypt Facts
1. 86% of people surveyed in Egypt are in favor of the death penalty as a punishment for abandoning Islam.
2. Women in ancient Egypt prevented pregnancy with plugs made of crocodile droppings.
3. Cats were mythic symbols of divinity in ancient Egypt.
4. In ancient Egypt, killing a cat was a crime punishable by death.
5. There are actually more pyramids in Sudan than in Egypt.
6. Ancient Egyptians slept on pillows made of stone!
7. By 3,000 B.C. there were at least six different types of beer in Egypt.
8. In 1888, an Egyptian peasant discovered an estimated three hundred thousand mummified cats in Beni Hassan, Egypt.
9. The ancient Egyptians bought jewelry for their pet crocodiles.
10. When a family cat died in ancient Egypt, family members would shave off their eyebrows as they mourned.
11. About 3000 years ago, most Egyptians died by the time they were 30.
Trending in Countries
Toilet Duck, cellophane and the division sign (÷) were all invented in Switzerland.
In Mogadishu, the capital of Somalia, there is only one flower shop.
95 China Facts
There are enough empty homes in China for everyone in the UK to have one each.
From 1974 to 1976, Shirley Temple was US Ambassador to Ghana.
Greece is the only country in the world whose name contains none of the letters in the word ‘Olympiads’.
There are more people living in mobile homes in the US than live in the whole of the Netherlands.
Luxembourg is the only country in the world ruled by a Grand Duke.
In some parts of Germany, it is illegal to show The Life of Brian on Good Friday.
Sexmoan, a small fishing town in the Philippines, changed its name in 1991 to Sasmuan.