Impressive France Facts
1. The majority of all emojis used in France (55%) are hearts.
2. Attempting to swim the Channel from France has been illegal for 19 years.
3. On Friday, Oct 13, 1307, King Philip IV of France raided the homes of the Knights Templar, which is thought to be how fear of the date began
4. In France, by law a bakery has to make all the bread it sells from scratch in order to have the right to be called a bakery.
5. King Francis I of France hung the Mona Lisa in his bathroom.
6. Stilts were invented by French shepherds who needed a way to get around in wet marshes.
7. French toast is thousands of years older than France.
8. The last official beheading by guillotine occurred in France in 1977.
9. The average French citizen eats 500 snails per year.
10. In France, a "bakery" is required by law to make all of the bread it sells from scratch in order to have the right to be called a bakery.
11. It was illegal to sell E.T. dolls in France because there is a law against selling dolls without human faces.
12. In 13th-century France, it was illegal to sew more than 50 silver buttons onto your clothes.
13. In France, a five year old child can buy an alcoholic drink in a bar.
14. There are towns in France where it is illegal to die.
15. The distress code 'Mayday' comes from the French for help me, M'Aide!
16. In France, pee was once used to cure strep throat by wrapping pee-soaked socks around the neck.
17. In France, it is legal to marry a dead person!
18. Alcohol costs 60% more in the UK than it does in France.
19. One punishment for an adulterous wife in medieval France was to make her chase a chicken through town naked.
20. There is a small village named "Pussy" in France - People living in the village are called "Pussies".
21. A woman in France received a cell phone bill for $15 quadrillion ($15,000,000,000,000,000).
22. Kilts are not native to Scotland. They originated in France.
23. In France, you can marry a dead person.
24. Tour de France riders need to eat the equivalent of 27 cheeseburgers a day.
25. France passed a law making it illegal to read work email between 6 PM and 9 AM.
Trending in Countries
Toilet Duck, cellophane and the division sign (÷) were all invented in Switzerland.
In Mogadishu, the capital of Somalia, there is only one flower shop.
95 China Facts
There are enough empty homes in China for everyone in the UK to have one each.
From 1974 to 1976, Shirley Temple was US Ambassador to Ghana.
Greece is the only country in the world whose name contains none of the letters in the word ‘Olympiads’.
There are more people living in mobile homes in the US than live in the whole of the Netherlands.
Luxembourg is the only country in the world ruled by a Grand Duke.
In some parts of Germany, it is illegal to show The Life of Brian on Good Friday.
Sexmoan, a small fishing town in the Philippines, changed its name in 1991 to Sasmuan.