Amazing Germany Facts
1. A shed in Germany exploded when excessive levels of methane gas from the belches and flatulence from 90 dairy cows built up and ignited.
2. BMW recalled its GPS systems with female voices in Germany because male drivers were not willing to take directions from a female voice.
3. In Germany, the swastikas had to be removed from the posters for "Inglourious Basterds" because portraying Nazi symbols is banned there.
4. 54%, of Canadians like to kiss on the first date, while only 29% of people in Germany will kiss on the first date.
5. The population of Germany is in decline; it has fallen by 2 million in the last decade.
6. The Beatles got kicked out of Germany for lighting a condom on fire.
7. In 2011 researchers let 100 paper planes go 23 miles above Germany. Some have since been found in Canada, USA, Australia and South Africa.
8. The largest county in the US is roughly the size of Germany.
9. The Germans introduced Groundhog Day customs in America.
10. Germany has paid $61.8 Billion to Jewish victims, to this day the U.S. has not paid $1 to African Americans for 400 years of brutal slavery.
11. German chemists made a replica of a trophy the size of one molecule.
12. Methane gas produced by cow farts, blew up a barn in Germany.
13. In some parts of Germany, it is illegal to show The Life of Brian on Good Friday.
14. The oldest continuously operating brewery in the world is in Germany and it has been in operation since 1040.
15. The rise of the American superhero coincides with the rise of Nazi Germany.
16. In Germany, attempting to escape from the prison is completely legal -- Getting yourself free is considered a basic human instinct.
17. In Germany, there is a hotline called "Schimpf-los" ("swear away") â€” Which Germans can call to curse someone out after a stressful day.
18. In early Germany, natural red hair was considered to be a sure sign that a woman was a witch.
19. A man was cured of HIV in Germany via a bone marrow transplant from a donor whose gene mutation made him immune to HIV.
Trending in Countries
Toilet Duck, cellophane and the division sign (÷) were all invented in Switzerland.
In Mogadishu, the capital of Somalia, there is only one flower shop.
95 China Facts
There are enough empty homes in China for everyone in the UK to have one each.
From 1974 to 1976, Shirley Temple was US Ambassador to Ghana.
Greece is the only country in the world whose name contains none of the letters in the word ‘Olympiads’.
There are more people living in mobile homes in the US than live in the whole of the Netherlands.
Luxembourg is the only country in the world ruled by a Grand Duke.
In some parts of Germany, it is illegal to show The Life of Brian on Good Friday.
Sexmoan, a small fishing town in the Philippines, changed its name in 1991 to Sasmuan.