Amazing New Zealand Facts
1. A dolphin named Pelorus Jack regularly guided ships in New Zealand through treacherous waters until his disappearance in 1912.
2. New Zealand has an official wizard.
3. In 1998, a swarm of jellyfish in New Zealand killed 56,000 salmon in half an hour.
4. The Power Rangers were banned from New Zealand until 2011.
5. New Zealand is the first country to allow women to vote.
6. New Zealand is the only country that contains every type of climate in the world
7. In 2012, the New Zealand government took legal action to prevent a couple calling their child Anal.
8. In New Zealand, sheep outnumber people six to one.
9. New Zealand has an official National Wizard.
10. New Zealand’s 90-Mile Beach is 55 miles long.
11. In New Zealand, snakes of any kind are illegal.
12. The New Zealand badminton team was nicknamed ‘the Black Cocks’, but had to drop it after complaints.
13. There is a dog-shaped building in New Zealand.
Trending in Countries
Toilet Duck, cellophane and the division sign (÷) were all invented in Switzerland.
In Mogadishu, the capital of Somalia, there is only one flower shop.
95 China Facts
There are enough empty homes in China for everyone in the UK to have one each.
From 1974 to 1976, Shirley Temple was US Ambassador to Ghana.
Greece is the only country in the world whose name contains none of the letters in the word ‘Olympiads’.
There are more people living in mobile homes in the US than live in the whole of the Netherlands.
Luxembourg is the only country in the world ruled by a Grand Duke.
In some parts of Germany, it is illegal to show The Life of Brian on Good Friday.
Sexmoan, a small fishing town in the Philippines, changed its name in 1991 to Sasmuan.