77 Stunning United States of America Facts
1. The U.S. army packs Tabasco pepper sauce in every ration kit that they give to soldiers.
2. John F. Kennedy was buried without his brain after it was lost during the autopsy!
3. The United States produces enough plastic film annually to cover the entire state of Texas.
4. Jacksonville, Florida, has the largest total area of any city in the United States.
5. Until 1796, there was a state in the United States called Franklin. Today it's known as Tennessee!
6. More steel in the United States is used to make bottle caps than to manufacture automobile bodies.
7. Americans are responsible for generating roughly 20% percent of the garbage in the world.
8. Jimmy Carter is the first U.S. President to have been born in a hospital.
9. Missouri and Kansas each have a Kansas City.
10. A toothpick is the object most often choked on by Americans!
11. The most dangerous job in the United States is that of an Alaskan Crab Fisherman.
12. In Kentucky, It's illegal to fish in the Ohio River in Kentucky without an Indiana Fishing License.
13. Honolulu is the only place in the United States that has a royal palace!
14. There are 365 steps on the front of the U.S. Capitol Building - one for every day of the year.
15. In an average hour, there are over 61,000 Americans airborne over the United States.
16. In the White House, there are 13,092 knives, forks and spoons!
17. The U.S. has more bagpipe bands than Scotland does.
18. Each year, more than 50,000 people are injured by jewelry in the U.S.
19. Former U.S. President Franklin Pierce was arrested during his term as President for running over an old lady with his horse, but the charges were later dropped.
20. Louisiana is the only state that grows in land area every year (Due to alluvial deposits from the Mississippi River).
21. The state of Florida is bigger than England!
22. It is illegal NOT to smile in Pocatello, Idaho!
23. 'Second Street' is the most common street name in the U.S.; 'First Street' is the sixth! "
24. The state of Wyoming is named after a valley in Pennsylvania.
25. The U.S. founding fathers' name for the American Revolution was 'The War with Britain'.
26. About half of all Americans are on a diet on any given day.
27. The United States produces more tobacco than it does wheat.
28. In Kentucky, it is illegal to carry ice-cream in your back pocket.
29. There are more telephones than people in Washington, D.C.
30. Arizona boasts all or part of the ten largest American Indian reservations.
31. The last time American Green cards were actually green was 1964.
32. Until President Kennedy was killed, it wasn?t a federal crime to assassinate the President.
33. The U.S. Government will not allow portraits of living persons to appear on stamps.
34. The U.S. motto, 'In God We Trust', was not adopted as the national slogan until 1956.
35. The United States has never lost a war when donkeys were used.
36. Only 51% of South Carolina high school students will graduate, the lowest of any state.
37. U.S. President Calvin Coolidge liked to eat breakfast while having his head rubbed with vaseline.
38. The United States consumes 25% of all the world's energy.
39. J. Edgar Hoover liked to fire FBI agents whose palms were sweaty when shaking hands.
40. More than 10% of the world's salt is used to de-ice American roads.
41. In 1980, the city of Detroit presented Saddam Hussein with a key to the city.
42. In Massachusetts, It is illegal to go to bed without first having a full bath.
43. In the United States, deaf people have safer driving records than hearing people!
44. The United States has the highest minimum drinking age in the world.
45. Snowiest city in the U.S.: Blue canyon, California.
46. In 21 U.S. states, WALMART is the single largest employer.
47. In Idaho, You may not fish on a camel's back.
48. No one knows who designed the first American Flag.
49. Washington, D.C. has one lawyer for every 19 residents!
50. It's against the law to pawn your dentures in Las Vegas!
51. About 1 in 30 people in the U.S. are in jail, on probation, or on parole.
52. Of all things, Andrew Jackson?s tombstone does not mention that he served as the president of the United States!
53. Approximately 70,000 people in the U.S. are both blind and deaf!
54. Smith is the most common last name in the United States. A little over 1% of all Americans share that last name.
55. Check your map! Virginia extends farther west than West Virginia.
56. Americans did not commonly use forks until after the Civil War.
57. The city of Houston, Texas is built on a swamp and is slowly sinking!
58. The highest point in Pennsylvania is lower than the lowest point in Colorado!
59. The longest cave in the world is the 'Mammoth Cave System' in the USA at 560,000 mtrs deep!
60. In 1980, a Las Vegas hospital suspended workers for betting on when patients would die!
61. In Florida, It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.
62. In Florida, Penalty for horse theft is death by hanging.
63. Native Americans do not have to pay tax on their land.
64. There are 10 towns named Hollywood in the United States!
65. Every U.S. president with a beard has been a Republican.
66. No president of the United States was an only child.
67. Forty percent of Americans have never visited a dentist.
68. It is illegal to hunt camels in the state of Arizona.
69. It's against the law to burp, or sneeze in a certain church in Omaha, Nebraska!
70. Jackie Kennedy Onassis was secretly a chain smoker.
71. Harry S. Truman was the last U.S. President with no college degree.
72. John F. Kennedy was the first Roman Catholic President of the USA!
73. Q is the only letter in the alphabet that does not appear in the name of any of the United States!
74. The U.S. Government spent $277,000 on pickle research in 1993.
75. The United States Postal Service handles over forty percent of the world's mail volume.
76. In 1789, the total U.S. federal government debt was $190,000.
77. The word 'Indiana' is Native American for 'Land of the Indians', yet less than 16,000 Native Americans live there.
Trending in Countries
Toilet Duck, cellophane and the division sign (÷) were all invented in Switzerland.
In Mogadishu, the capital of Somalia, there is only one flower shop.
95 China Facts
There are enough empty homes in China for everyone in the UK to have one each.
From 1974 to 1976, Shirley Temple was US Ambassador to Ghana.
Greece is the only country in the world whose name contains none of the letters in the word ‘Olympiads’.
There are more people living in mobile homes in the US than live in the whole of the Netherlands.
Luxembourg is the only country in the world ruled by a Grand Duke.
In some parts of Germany, it is illegal to show The Life of Brian on Good Friday.
Sexmoan, a small fishing town in the Philippines, changed its name in 1991 to Sasmuan.