Top Banana Facts
1. The Malaysian phrase for the time it takes to eat a banana is "pisan zapra" and it was a measure of time used before clocks were invented.
2. Some bananas are red instead of yellow. #Random
3. A strawberry is not a berry, but a banana is.
4. Bananas have more trade regulations than AK-47s.
5. Bananas can reduce the swelling and irritation of mosquito bites and help with nicotine withdrawal.
6. There are more than 1,000 species of banana. We eat only one of them.
7. Banana is a happy fruit. Eating just one can help relieve irritable emotions, anger and or depression.
8. In Antigua, 'fig' means banana.
9. Bananas are known to lower the risk of heart attacks and strokes, as well as decrease your risk of getting cancer, according to the FDA.
10. Bananas can help prevent and cure hangovers.
11. Bananas are considered unlucky on fishing boats.
12. A cluster of bananas is called a hand. A single banana is called a finger.
13. Bananas are used to make kimonos.
14. Bananas are slightly radioactive.
15. The world’s largest container ships can carry 746 million bananas.
16. A cluster of bananas is called a 'hand.' A single banana is called a 'finger.'
17. Eating 20 million bananas would give you a fatal dose of radioactivity.
18. Bananas aren't fruit! They are a type of herb.
19. Bananas are berries and the banana tree is not a tree, but a large herb
20. Rubbing a banana peel on your forehead can help cure a headache.
21. Bananas have no fat, sodium, or cholesterol
Trending in Food & Drink
James and the Giant Peach was originally called James and the Giant Cherry.
In wine-tasting, a ‘cat pee aroma’ is a compliment.
The world’s largest container ships can carry 746 million bananas.
Breadcrumbs were used to rub out mistakes before rubbers were invented.
Americans ingest 1.7 million tons -- or 10.8 pounds per person -- of sugar each year from Coca-Cola alone.
Without bats there would be no tequila. It’s made from the agave plant, which is pollinated by bats.
Big Mac Facts
Azodicarbonamide is a chemical compound that makes things softer and bouncier, including yoga mats, flip-flops and the buns in Big Macs.
When you have a crush on someone, your brain overlooks and ignores the flaws of that person causing them to appear "perfect"
Potato aphids will not have sex if they detect a drop in air pressure.
Vegetables are four times healthier than fruit.