61 Impressive Chocolate Facts
1. The estimated number of M&M's sold each day in the United States is 200,000,000.
2. Dark chocolate and cheese have antibacterial properties that actually inhibit tooth decay, according to experts.
3. During the week before Easter, Americans buy around 71 million pounds of chocolate candy.
4. Chocolate ice cream can improve focus and increase energy
5. You are what you eat. People who enjoy sweets like chocolate tend to be more generous, happier, selfless and open minded.
6. Hershey has promised to stop using child slave labor to produce their chocolate. By 2020.
7. A recent study at Harvard has shown that eating chocolate can actually help you live longer.
8. People who try to stop thinking about chocolate eat more of it than those who don’t.
9. Every second, Americans collectively eat one hundred pounds of chocolate.
10. Chocolate milk was invented in Ireland.
11. The Snickers bar was named after a horse the Mars family owned.
12. 70% of people would give up alcohol and 63% would give up chocolate before they would give up their cell phones.
13. The world is running out of chocolate.
14. Chocolate ice cream can reduce and relieve mental stress.
15. Chocolate Milk is more beneficial for sportsmen than any other sports drink
16. A 2007 study found that women who tried to quit thinking about chocolate ended up eating 50 percent more.
17. The universally popular Hershey bar was used overseas during World War II as currency.
18. A 2004 study found that 70% of people would give away their computer passwords when bribed with chocolate.
19. Chocolate is the only edible substance to melt around 93Â° F, just below human body temperature. That's why chocolate melts in your mouth.
20. Consuming 25 pounds of chocolate in one sitting will trigger a psychological response similar to smoking marijuana.
21. The South Park song "Chocolate Salty Balls" reached number one one the UK Singles Chart.
22. Six foods that have been shown to improve your mood include oatmeal, cereal, salmon, milk, dark chocolate and bananas.
23. A recent study at Harvard has shown that eating chocolate can actually help you live longer!
24. Drinking chocolate milk has been proven to help relieve muscle soreness after a workout.
25. A Study found that Chocolate Milk performs better than Energy Drinks.
26. During WWII, Hershey made a chocolate bar for U.S. soldiers that was meant to taste so bad, soldiers would only eat it if they were starved.
27. It takes about 400 cacao beans to make a single pound of chocolate.
28. Chocolate kills cancer cells.
29. Chocolate milk was invented in Jamaica.
30. The average chocolate bar has 8 insects' legs in it.
31. As a boy, Roald Dahl taste-tested new chocolate bars for Cadbury’s.
32. After chocolate and vanilla, orange is the world's favorite flavor.
33. Terry’s used to make a Chocolate Lemon and a Chocolate Apple.
34. The inventor of the chocolate chip cookie sold the idea to Nestle Toll House in return for a lifetime supply of chocolate.
35. Every American space-flight menu has included chocolate
36. "Chocolate cosmos" is a flower that smells like chocolate.
37. Roald Dahl (author of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) was a real life James Bond - He seduced women to gain intelligence during WWII.
38. Every second, Americans collectively eat one hundred pounds of chocolate
39. In the U.S., 100 pounds of chocolate are eaten every second.
40. Chocolate comes from cocoa, which is a tree. That makes it a plant. Chocolate is salad.
41. White chocolate is actually not chocolate at all because it does not contain cocoa.
42. Roald Dahl, the author of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," was a taster for the Cadbury chocolate company when he was a boy.
43. Chocolate allergies may actually be caused by ground-up cockroach parts in the chocolate.
44. Hershey Chocolate is owned by a K-12 school with less than 2,000 students and an endowment worth billions of dollars.
45. The Ebola epidemic could threaten the world chocolate supply.
46. Studies show that eating chocolate can improve your math skills.
47. To burn off one plain M&M candy, you need to walk the full length of a football field.
48. In the film Psycho (1960), chocolate syrup was used for blood in the famous shower scene.
49. A one ounce milk chocolate bar has 6 mg of caffeine.
50. Before having their chests cut open and their hearts pulled out, Aztec human-sacrifice victims were given a cup of hot chocolate.
51. Dark chocolate contains the same chemical our body secretes when we fall in love called phenylethylamine (PEA)
52. Some holocaust survivors died of chocolate and candy overdose within their first week of freedom.
53. Chocolate releases the same chemical into your body that you get when you start falling in love.
54. Contrary to popular beliefs, chocolate does not cause acne.
55. Hershey's Kisses are called that because the machine that makes them looks like it's kissing the conveyor belt.
56. Dark chocolate contains a chemical that our bodies convert into phenylethylamine, the same chemical secreted when we fall in love.
57. For people that are lactose intolerant, chocolate aids in helping milk digest easier.
58. Chocolate chip cookies were made by accident when the chocolate in the cookie did not melt properly.
59. Marijuana, listening to music and eating chocolate are all ways in which help slow down the growth of cancer.
60. Viagra, chocolate chip cookies, popsicles, brandy and the microwave = Examples of accidental discoveries.
61. Americans collectively eat one hundred pounds of chocolate every second.
Trending in Food & Drink
James and the Giant Peach was originally called James and the Giant Cherry.
In wine-tasting, a ‘cat pee aroma’ is a compliment.
The world’s largest container ships can carry 746 million bananas.
31 Milk Facts
A cow with a name will produce 450 more pints of milk a year than one without a name.
Breadcrumbs were used to rub out mistakes before rubbers were invented.
Americans ingest 1.7 million tons -- or 10.8 pounds per person -- of sugar each year from Coca-Cola alone.
Without bats there would be no tequila. It’s made from the agave plant, which is pollinated by bats.
Big Mac Facts
Azodicarbonamide is a chemical compound that makes things softer and bouncier, including yoga mats, flip-flops and the buns in Big Macs.
When you have a crush on someone, your brain overlooks and ignores the flaws of that person causing them to appear "perfect"
Potato aphids will not have sex if they detect a drop in air pressure.