49 Top Ranked Coffee Facts
1. Coffee fanatic Beethoven always counted 60 beans before preparing a brew of coffee.
2. More than 95% of people do not like their first ever sip of beer, wine, coffee and their first cigarette.
3. A study found that people who drink 4 or 5 cups of coffee a day had a lower risk of developing Tinnitus â€“ That ringing sound in your ear.
4. Coffee beans were first discovered by the Ethiopian shepherd, Kaldi, in 850 AD
5. Men perform worse at stressful business meetings when they drink coffee, while women perform better.
6. You would have to eat 254 Oreos to get the same amount of caffeine in a Starbucks grande (16oz) coffee.
7. Disney has credited their coffee guy in 7 of their films.
8. Starbucks pays more for employee health insurance than it pays for coffee
9. The caffeine extracted from decaf coffee is sold to soft-drinks manufacturers.
10. Starbucks offers over 87,000 different drink combinations.
11. "Decaf" coffee from Starbucks does in fact contain caffeine.
12. Coffee reduces skin cancer risk.
13. Starbucks has an unadvertised 8-ounce size cup called "short."
14. Coffee is most effective if consumed between 9:30 am and 11:30 am.
15. The average weekly coffee bill for 18-34 year-olds is $24.74.
16. Starbucks has "stealth" stores that are disguised as regular neighborhood coffee shops.
17. You are more likely to spill coffee while walking between your 7th and 10th step.
18. Coffee beans are actually seeds.
19. Starbucks has grown by about two stores everyday for the past 27 years.
20. 20% of Starbucks customers visit the store at least 16 times a month.
21. Coffee drinkers live longer than non coffee drinkers.
22. Perfect coffee should consist of 17.42 units of water for every unit of coffee.
23. Coffee is the most popular beverage in the world, with more than 400 billion cups consumed each year
24. People who drink a lot of coffee â€“ and other caffeinated beverages â€“ find it more difficult to identify and describe their own emotions.
25. Drinking a cold glass of water in the morning will wake you faster than a cup of coffee.
26. People who live in the Northeast are much more likely to stop on the way to work for coffee.
27. Coffee has 51 scientifically proven health benefits.
28. People who drink several cups of coffee a day are the least likely to become diabetic.
29. Hugh Jackman owns a coffee company that donates 100% of its profits to charity.
30. There are more than 1,000 chemicals in a cup of coffee. Of these, only 26 have been tested, and half caused cancer in rats.
31. Coffee spills from your cup after you take 7 to 10 steps because the rhythm of walking perfectly oscillates the liquid in the cup.
32. The more coffee a person drinks, the more likely they are to hallucinate.
33. The 31-ounce "trenta" size cup at Starbucks is larger than the average capacity of a human stomach.
34. People who drink more than 10 cups of coffee are more likely to feel "the presence of dead people" and hallucinations.
35. People who drink coffee are less likely to commit suicide than those who do not.
36. According to a recent study, the most popular place to go on a first date is Starbucks.
37. The average Starbucks customer visits the store 6 times per month while a loyal 20% of customers go to the stores 16 times per month.
38. Coffee could be extinct by 2080 due to coffee-growing regions becoming too warm to support the growth of wild Arabica beans.
39. Men who drink six or more cups of coffee daily are about 60 percent less likely to die from prostate cancer.
40. A recent study that has found nearly one-tenth of adults believe coffee is a direct cause of cancer. It is not.
41. Drinking a cup of caffeinated coffee significantly improves blood flow.
42. There are more marijuana dispensaries in Denver, Colorado, than there are branches of Starbucks.
43. The New York Stock Exchange started as a coffee shop.
44. If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would produce enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee
45. Starbucks has a different logo for Saudi Arabia because the normal logo showed too much female flesh.
46. People who drink coffee are less likely to commit suicide than those who do not
47. There is no Starbucks in the town of Starbuck, Washington.
48. Screenwriter Diablo Cody wrote "Juno" in just a few months at a Minnesota Starbucks that was inside of a Target.
49. If you want to burn fat faster, a cup of coffee before a workout will speed up the process.
Trending in Food & Drink
James and the Giant Peach was originally called James and the Giant Cherry.
In wine-tasting, a ‘cat pee aroma’ is a compliment.
The world’s largest container ships can carry 746 million bananas.
31 Milk Facts
A cow with a name will produce 450 more pints of milk a year than one without a name.
Breadcrumbs were used to rub out mistakes before rubbers were invented.
Americans ingest 1.7 million tons -- or 10.8 pounds per person -- of sugar each year from Coca-Cola alone.
Without bats there would be no tequila. It’s made from the agave plant, which is pollinated by bats.
Big Mac Facts
Azodicarbonamide is a chemical compound that makes things softer and bouncier, including yoga mats, flip-flops and the buns in Big Macs.
When you have a crush on someone, your brain overlooks and ignores the flaws of that person causing them to appear "perfect"