58 Amazing Eating Facts
1. Eating dogs is legal in 44 US states.
2. Eating leafy greens slows cognitive decline, according to a study.
3. Eating blueberries can help improve your memory.
4. Eating fish can extend life expectancy by 2.2 years on average, according to a study.
5. Clinton, Montana, holds an annual testicle festival. Known as Testy Fest, it includes Ball Eating, Miss TestyFest, Itty Bitty Titty, Mr Fun Buns and Nicest Arms.
6. Mucophagy, or eating your own boogers, strengthens the immune system and children who do this are healthier and happier than their peers.
7. Eating bacon can help you live longer because it contains niacin.
8. Eating bananas is a natural cure to reduce the effects of stress and anxiety.
9. During a 2004 episode of Sesame Street, Cookie Monster said that before he started eating cookies, his name was Sid.
10. Chipotle has a DJ on the payroll to curate its in-store music, which is why you won't hear any Billboard chart toppers while eating there.
11. Eating celery is technically exercise. When you eat celery, you burn more calories than you consume.
12. Eating out of boredom is a habit we develop as a toddler and reinforce throughout years of life
13. Eating junk food makes you lazy.
14. When eating jelly babies, nearly eight out of ten people bite off the heads first.
15. Eating only a few carrots can vastly improve the health of overweight children.
16. Eating chocolate and or ice cream has the same effect on the brain as when listening to music you relate to.
17. Eating onions and garlic will help your hair grow.
18. Want to have Ninja like reflexes? Eating plenty of spinach and eggs improves our ability to think quick and have better reflexes
19. To improve their ability to swallow hot dogs, the International Federation of Competitive Eating is studying black holes.
20. Getting upset at people just by hearing them breathing or eating is called "Misophonia", which is an actual brain-disorder
21. Eating ripe bananas help combat abnormal cells and the more dark spots a banana has the better the anti-cancer quality.
22. Eating high-flavanol chocolate can protect people's skin from the harmful effects of the Sun.
23. Eating chocolate makes you happy because it contains phenylephylamine - the same hormone the brain triggers when you fall in love.
24. Eating 50 bananas will give you the same dose of radiation as 1 dental xray.
25. A growing number of studies confirm that just by eating slower, you'll consume fewer calories, losing 20 pounds a year.
26. Eating salmon helps hair grow faster.
27. Eating chocolate while studying helps the brain retain new information easily and is directly linked to high test scores.
28. Eating tomatoes helps to prevent sunburn. Tomatoes provide the best defense against sun damage.
29. Eating spicy food releases "feel good" endorphins, making it one of the reasons why people enjoy it so much.
30. Eating a mango while smoking marijuana can increase euphoria and get you higher, helping to provide a better experience.
31. Eating pine nuts can ruin everything you taste for the next two weeks.
32. Grab a banana for breakfast! They are known as a happy fruit. Eating just one can help relieve irritable emotions, anger and or depression.
33. Mouthgasm Eating something that causes you to make a pleasurable sounds out loud, exactly like the ones you make when you have a orgasm.
34. Eating chocolate before studying and or taking tests, increases your chances of understanding info and passing with a high grade!
35. Eating a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie while depressed can instantly improve your mood and fight the physical effects of depression.
36. Eating tomatoes helps to prevent sunburn. Tomatoes provide the best defense against sun damage
37. People eating in a group of seven or more eat twice as much as people eating alone.
38. Eating your food slowly will help you lose weight, enjoy your food, reduce stress, and lead to better digestion.
39. When you eat celery, you burn more calories digesting it than you do consuming it. So eating celery is technically exercise.
40. Eating black-eyed peas at new year is thought to bring prosperity. Lobsters are thought to bring bad luck, because they move backwards.
41. Some people really believe eating makeup can make them pretty on the inside too, so they eat makeup as a meal.
42. Eating avocados boost serotonin levels, which is can help you be happy and relieve depression.
43. Eating carbohydrates, specifically grains, can be harmful to your brain health.
44. Your hearing becomes less sharp after eating too much
45. Tablecloths were originally meant to be served as towels with which dinner guests could wipe their hands and faces after eating.
46. Eating a piece of chocolate at breakfast can help stabilize your mood and enhance happiness throughout the day.
47. Eating sweet food triggers your episodic memoryâ€”the brain function that records things like your first kiss or your wedding day.
48. Eating fish improves IQ and memory.
49. If you weigh 450 pounds, you could live for one complete year without eating anything.
50. Trichophagia, or Rapunzel Syndrome, is the compulsive eating of hair.
51. Eating walnuts will help improve memory and concentration, according to research.
52. An "acutetarian" is a person who avoids eating anything that looks cute.
53. Eating celery is technically exercise. When you eat celery, you burn more calories digesting it than you consume.
54. Adult burying beetles punish offspring who nag for food by eating them.
55. The U.S. Army is creating an algorithm that accurately predicts suicide.
56. Eating more carrots and tomatoes can give you a healthy looking tan.
57. Eating chocolate while studying helps the brain retain new information easily and is directly linked to high test scores
58. 14% of Democrats would forgive their partners for cheating, while only 10% of Republicans would.
Trending in Food & Drink
James and the Giant Peach was originally called James and the Giant Cherry.
In wine-tasting, a ‘cat pee aroma’ is a compliment.
31 Milk Facts
A cow with a name will produce 450 more pints of milk a year than one without a name.
Breadcrumbs were used to rub out mistakes before rubbers were invented.
Americans ingest 1.7 million tons -- or 10.8 pounds per person -- of sugar each year from Coca-Cola alone.
Without bats there would be no tequila. It’s made from the agave plant, which is pollinated by bats.
Big Mac Facts
Azodicarbonamide is a chemical compound that makes things softer and bouncier, including yoga mats, flip-flops and the buns in Big Macs.
When you have a crush on someone, your brain overlooks and ignores the flaws of that person causing them to appear "perfect"
Vegetables are four times healthier than fruit.
49 Coffee Facts
There are more marijuana dispensaries in Denver, Colorado, than there are branches of Starbucks.