31 Top Ranked Milk Facts
1. Hormonal cancer is on the rise because US beef and milk cattle are fed synthetic hormones.
2. Milkshakes were originally alcoholic.
3. People who drink whole milk are less likely to be fat than those who consume low-fat milk.
4. Full-fat milk contains only 3.5% fat.
5. If you could only have one type of food for the rest of your life, the healthiest possible choice would be breast milk.
6. Drinking a banana milkshake can cure a hangover.
7. Breast milk is a laxative.
8. Human breast milk naturally contains many of the same cannabinoids found in marijuana, known to be vital for proper human development.
9. Visiting every star in the Milky Way would take at least 420 billion years.
10. It was Galileo Galileo who discovered that in reality the Milky Way was not a nebula but closely-packed stars.
11. There are as many as ten million to a billion black holes in the Milky Way alone.
12. Dung beetles can use the Milky Way to navigate.
13. Cows make less milk in hot and humid weather.
14. In about 4 billion years, the Milky Way will merge with the Andromeda galaxy.
15. The Milky Way rotates about 560,000 MPH and completes a full revolution about every 200 million years.
16. 87% of fully fat milk is water.
17. Newborn babies of both sexes can produce milk.
18. Scientists suggest that 60 billion planets in our Milky Way galaxy alone could support life.
19. The same cannabinoids found in marijuana, are also found in human breast milk.
20. The earliest known pancakes were made about 12,000 years ago from ground grains and nuts, mixed with water or milk and cook on hot stones.
22. There are two geysers at the heart of the Milky Way that contain the energy equivalent of a million exploding stars.
23. There is a recipe to make cheese from human breast milk.
24. The scientific name for the milk thistle is Silybum.
25. Yaks sometimes have pink milk.
26. Reindeer milk has more fat than cow milk.
27. A cow with a name will produce 450 more pints of milk a year than one without a name.
28. Milk is usually in the back of grocery stores, so customers have to walk past as many "impulse buy" items as possible.
29. The Milky Way gives birth to a new star every 50 days.
30. Milk in some parts of Canada comes in bags instead of jugs.
31. There are as many as 10 million to a billion black holes in the Milky Way alone.
Trending in Food & Drink
James and the Giant Peach was originally called James and the Giant Cherry.
In wine-tasting, a ‘cat pee aroma’ is a compliment.
The world’s largest container ships can carry 746 million bananas.
31 Milk Facts
A cow with a name will produce 450 more pints of milk a year than one without a name.
Breadcrumbs were used to rub out mistakes before rubbers were invented.
Americans ingest 1.7 million tons -- or 10.8 pounds per person -- of sugar each year from Coca-Cola alone.
Without bats there would be no tequila. It’s made from the agave plant, which is pollinated by bats.
Big Mac Facts
Azodicarbonamide is a chemical compound that makes things softer and bouncier, including yoga mats, flip-flops and the buns in Big Macs.
When you have a crush on someone, your brain overlooks and ignores the flaws of that person causing them to appear "perfect"
Potato aphids will not have sex if they detect a drop in air pressure.