Fascinating Peanut Facts
1. The peanut is a vegetable and a member of the pea family
2. Just eight foods account for 90% of all food allergiesâ€”tree nuts, eggs, soy, peanuts, fish, shellfish, milk, and wheat.
3. Peanuts are one of the ingredients in dynamite
4. Real diamonds can be made from peanut butter.
5. If a pregnant mom eats peanuts, her baby will be less likely to have a peanut allergy.
6. By the time most Americans are 18, they have eaten about 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
7. FDA laws allow for an average of 30 insect fragments per 100 grams of peanut butter.
8. 15 million Snicker bars are made daily, which amounts to about 99 tons of peanuts.
9. With high enough pressure, peanut butter can be turned into diamonds.
10. Rubbing peanut butter on a stubbed toe acts as a painkiller, due to the oil in the peanuts.
11. Peanut butter was originally invented as a source of protein for people without teeth.
12. Americans eat enough peanut butter in a year to make more than 10 billion peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
13. There are 1,218 peanuts in a single 28oz jar of Jif peanut butter.
14. Under extreme high pressure, diamonds can be made from peanut butter.
15. The eight most popular foods to cause food allergies are: milk, eggs, wheat, peanuts, soy, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish.
Trending in Food & Drink
James and the Giant Peach was originally called James and the Giant Cherry.
In wine-tasting, a ‘cat pee aroma’ is a compliment.
The world’s largest container ships can carry 746 million bananas.
31 Milk Facts
A cow with a name will produce 450 more pints of milk a year than one without a name.
Breadcrumbs were used to rub out mistakes before rubbers were invented.
Americans ingest 1.7 million tons -- or 10.8 pounds per person -- of sugar each year from Coca-Cola alone.
Without bats there would be no tequila. It’s made from the agave plant, which is pollinated by bats.
Big Mac Facts
Azodicarbonamide is a chemical compound that makes things softer and bouncier, including yoga mats, flip-flops and the buns in Big Macs.
When you have a crush on someone, your brain overlooks and ignores the flaws of that person causing them to appear "perfect"