Impressive Potato Facts
1. In 1952, Mr. Potato Head became the first toy to be advertised on television in the U.S.
2. Potato aphids will not have sex if they detect a drop in air pressure.
3. A potato has more chromosomes than a human being.
4. Potatoes were illegal in France between 1748 and 1772.
5. A 61-Year Old Potato farmer won a 544 Ultramarathon because he continued to run whilst the other competitors slept.
6. Potato chips were invented after a chef lost his temper with a customer who kept asking for his potatoes to be more fried and thinner.
7. Stan Laurel once successfully cross-bred a potato with an onion, but couldn’t persuade anyone to eat one.
8. The 'ice cream' you see in ice cream ads is actually mashed potatoes because they will not melt during production.
9. The Incas measured their units of time by how long it took to cook a potato.
10. Belgians began frying up strips of potatoes in the 1600s in the Meuse Valley, creating the first french fries.
11. If you accidentally over salt a dish while its still cooking, drop in a peeled potato it absorbs the excess salt for an instant fix me up.
12. The racehorse Potoooooooo got its name from a stable-hand who couldn’t spell ‘Potato’.
13. The Inca measurement of time was based on how long it took to boil a potato.
14. Humans can theoretically survive on a diet entirely composed of nothing but potatoes and butter.
15. Hugh Hefner has someone preselect his potato chips so he doesn’t have to eat broken ones.
16. Potatoes absorb and reflect radio wave signals much the same way as the human body does.
17. Dark circles?
Take a raw potato, wash it well and peel it off. Cut 2 slices of raw potato and place them under ur eyes.Relax for a few mins.
18. In 2003, the U.S. Government spent about $2,000,000.00 on potato research.
Trending in Food & Drink
James and the Giant Peach was originally called James and the Giant Cherry.
In wine-tasting, a ‘cat pee aroma’ is a compliment.
The world’s largest container ships can carry 746 million bananas.
31 Milk Facts
A cow with a name will produce 450 more pints of milk a year than one without a name.
Breadcrumbs were used to rub out mistakes before rubbers were invented.
Americans ingest 1.7 million tons -- or 10.8 pounds per person -- of sugar each year from Coca-Cola alone.
Without bats there would be no tequila. It’s made from the agave plant, which is pollinated by bats.
Big Mac Facts
Azodicarbonamide is a chemical compound that makes things softer and bouncier, including yoga mats, flip-flops and the buns in Big Macs.
When you have a crush on someone, your brain overlooks and ignores the flaws of that person causing them to appear "perfect"