30 Top Sugar Facts
1. If you want to burn fat faster, a cup of coffee (with no milk or sugar) before a workout will speed up the process.
2. When heated, sugars in bacon react with amino acids. This, along with the thermal breakdown of fats, leads to the aroma of cooking bacon.
3. Sugary drinks kill 180,000 people a year.
4. A lack of sleep leads to sugar cravings.
5. Your body gets a "high" when eating foods with a lot of salt, sugar, and additives.
6. Humans are born craving sugar.
7. The HIV virus is coated in sugar to trick the body into not recognizing it as a foreign entity.
8. Sugar has been shown to be just as addictive as cocaine â€“ You can experience withdrawal.
9. Consuming large amounts of sugar, overeating, not sleeping enough and smoking are all brain damaging habits.
10. If sugar is applied on a cut, it will help in the healing process and will also stop the blood flow.
11. If the amount of sugar present in a can of coke is taken directly, you will vomit uncontrollably.
12. The gut bacteria that cause smelly farts enjoy munching on sugary foods the most.
13. It would take about 732 quintillion packets of Kool-Aid and 91.5 quadrillion metric tons of sugar to turn the ocean into cheery Kool-Aid.
14. Sugar does not cause hyperactivity in children.
15. Your brain needs the daily equivalent of the sugar found in three cans of soda to function.
16. A teaspoon of sugar after eating something really spicy will completely neutralize the heat sensation.
17. 80% of food has sugar added to it.
18. Lack of sleep leads to sugar cravings.
19. Cranberry juice is not naturally sweet, so much sugar is added that in calorie content and sugar content, it is equal to sodas.
20. A dentist was the first person to add sugar to chewing gum in 1869
21. Sugar is the only taste humans are born craving.
22. Sugar is the only taste that humans are born craving.
23. A study has found that consuming sugar when faced with a stressful situation calms us down.
24. According to a study, sports drinks have an even stronger relationship than sugared sodas with weight gain.
25. Boxer Sugar Ray dreamt of killing his opponent and backed out, but a priest convinced him to fight, he ended up killing the opponent.
26. Smokers eat more sugar than non-smokers do.
27. The difference between caramel and butterscotch is butterscotch contains brown sugar instead of white. Toffee is butterscotch cooked longer.
28. Be careful who you trust, even salt looks like sugar.
30. A 20 ounce bottle of Mountain Dew contains the equivalent of about 22 packets of sugar.
Trending in Food & Drink
James and the Giant Peach was originally called James and the Giant Cherry.
In wine-tasting, a ‘cat pee aroma’ is a compliment.
The world’s largest container ships can carry 746 million bananas.
31 Milk Facts
A cow with a name will produce 450 more pints of milk a year than one without a name.
Breadcrumbs were used to rub out mistakes before rubbers were invented.
Without bats there would be no tequila. It’s made from the agave plant, which is pollinated by bats.
Big Mac Facts
Azodicarbonamide is a chemical compound that makes things softer and bouncier, including yoga mats, flip-flops and the buns in Big Macs.
When you have a crush on someone, your brain overlooks and ignores the flaws of that person causing them to appear "perfect"
Potato aphids will not have sex if they detect a drop in air pressure.