Awesome Wine Facts
1. Drinking wine before a meal makes you eat 25% more.
2. A £5 bottle of wine tastes better if you’ve paid £45 for it.
3. It takes 700 grapes to make one bottle of wine.
4. Red wine kills cancer cells.
5. Putting wine in a blender for 20 seconds is a method of aeration that soften the tannins in the wine and can make cheap wine taste amazing
6. Wine can be ‘aged’ by passing it through an electric field for three minutes.
7. Wine drinkers pour 12% more wine into a glass they’re holding than one that’s sitting on the table.
8. A big reason why menus list a very expensive wine is to make everything else on the menu seem more reasonable.
9. In wine-tasting, a ‘cat pee aroma’ is a compliment.
10. Red wine can kill cancer cells.
11. A blind taste test found most people are unable to tell the difference between a cheap wine and an expensive one.
12. ‘Response to Those who Criticise Me for Spending Money on Old Wine & Prostitutes’ is a lost work by Aristippus, a disciple of Socrates.
Trending in Food & Drink
James and the Giant Peach was originally called James and the Giant Cherry.
In wine-tasting, a ‘cat pee aroma’ is a compliment.
The world’s largest container ships can carry 746 million bananas.
31 Milk Facts
A cow with a name will produce 450 more pints of milk a year than one without a name.
Breadcrumbs were used to rub out mistakes before rubbers were invented.
Americans ingest 1.7 million tons -- or 10.8 pounds per person -- of sugar each year from Coca-Cola alone.
Without bats there would be no tequila. It’s made from the agave plant, which is pollinated by bats.
Big Mac Facts
Azodicarbonamide is a chemical compound that makes things softer and bouncier, including yoga mats, flip-flops and the buns in Big Macs.
When you have a crush on someone, your brain overlooks and ignores the flaws of that person causing them to appear "perfect"