Top Airline Facts
1. An Indian airline only hires women because they are lighter, so they save up to $500,000 per year in fuel.
2. 56% of British airline pilots admit to having fallen asleep on the job, and 29% say they’ve woken up to find their co-pilot asleep.
3. 27,000 pieces of luggage are lost or misdirected every day by U.S. airlines
4. Weight equals money for airlines, so some pilots claim they feel pressured to fly with less fuel than they'd like in order to cut costs.
5. You should delete your browser cookies before buying airline tickets - Ticket fares go up when you've visited a site multiple times.
6. The average coach airline meal costs the airline $4.00. The average first class meal: $50.
7. American Airlines could save $352,154 in yearly fuel costs by flying without Sky Mall catalogs weighing down its planes.
8. Wasps have brought down 2 commercial airline flights, killing over 200 people.
9. In 1987 American Airlines saved $40,000 by eliminating one olive from its First Class salads.
10. You can use Google as a flight tracker, include airline and flight number and it will pop up where the flight is.
11. A Boeing 747 airliner holds 57,285 gallons of fuel.
12. You are more likely to die from the accidental detonation of a nuclear warhead than you are a commercial airliner accident.
13. A Boeing 747 airliner holds 57,285 gallons of fuel!
14. You can get $100 off any vacation package from Delta Airlines if you book that trip during your birthday month.
Trending in Just For Fun
The Royal Navy uses blasts of Britney Spears’s ‘Oops! . . . I Did It Again’ to scare off Somali pirates.
1 in 10 Americans think HTML is a sexually transmitted disease.
51 Internet Facts
In 2011, the United Nations declared that access to the Internet is a basic human right.
32 Christmas Facts
‘Santa Claus Is Coming to Town’ was first sung in November 1934. By Christmas, it had sold 400,000 copies.
Nick Clegg once did community service for setting fire to a rare cactus collection while drunk on a school trip.
The Lego company was originally called Billund Maskinsnedkeri.
In 1552, Henry Pert died after shooting himself in the face with his own bow and arrow.
178 Sleep Facts
The average person in Coventry sleeps for 6 hours and 5 minutes a night.
Traffic lights were introduced 18 years before the car was invented.
44 Gold Facts
In 2011, Australia minted a giant ‘A$1 million’ gold coin. It weighed over a ton and used gold worth A$52 million.
Jerry Springer was born in Highgate Tube station.