Impressive Airplane Facts
1. Young male chimpanzees have been seen using logs to play the "airplane game" moving the log side to side in the air just like humans do.
2. There are tribes living in the jungle who have had no contact with the outside world. They fire arrows at airplanes.
3. Tip: Putting your phone in airplane mode will stop ads while playing games.
4. The farther back you sit on an airplane, the greater your odds of survival in the event of a crash.
5. Tip: Putting your phone on airplane mode will help it charge faster.
6. At age 18, Sam Smith got a tattoo of an airplane because he was drunk and fresh-off a plane.
7. Two surgeons used a coat hanger, brandy, and a tube to operate on a collapsed lung during an airplane flight - and succeeded.
8. The smoothest place to sit in an airplane is often over or near the wing.
9. Prince Charles and Prince William never travel on the same airplane as a precaution.
10. Accidentally text the wrong person? Immediately put your phone on airplane mode and once it fails to deliver, delete the message.
11. People sitting in the back row of an airplane have a higher chance of surviving a crash than those sitting in the front.
12. Accidentally text the wrong person? Immediately put your phone on airplane mode and once it fails to deliver, delete the message!
13. Prince Charles and Prince William never travel on the same airplane in case of a crash.
14. If you?re not getting service for your phone, try turning it on airplane mode and then switch it back. It should find signal then!
15. Airplane crashes have a 96% survival rate! In the U.S, from 1983 to 2000, 51,207 out of 53,487 people survived airplane crashes.
Trending in Just For Fun
The Royal Navy uses blasts of Britney Spears’s ‘Oops! . . . I Did It Again’ to scare off Somali pirates.
1 in 10 Americans think HTML is a sexually transmitted disease.
51 Internet Facts
In 2011, the United Nations declared that access to the Internet is a basic human right.
32 Christmas Facts
‘Santa Claus Is Coming to Town’ was first sung in November 1934. By Christmas, it had sold 400,000 copies.
Nick Clegg once did community service for setting fire to a rare cactus collection while drunk on a school trip.
The Lego company was originally called Billund Maskinsnedkeri.
In 1552, Henry Pert died after shooting himself in the face with his own bow and arrow.
178 Sleep Facts
The average person in Coventry sleeps for 6 hours and 5 minutes a night.
Traffic lights were introduced 18 years before the car was invented.
44 Gold Facts
In 2011, Australia minted a giant ‘A$1 million’ gold coin. It weighed over a ton and used gold worth A$52 million.
Jerry Springer was born in Highgate Tube station.