47 Top Ranked Amazing Facts
1. The average housewife walks 10 miles a day around the house doing her chores.
2. The average four year-old child asks over four hundred questions a day.
3. You can start a fire with ice.
4. You share your birthday with at least 9 million other people in the world.
5. The filming of the movie 'Titanic' cost more than the Titanic itself!
6. The banana tree cannot reproduce itself. It can be propagated only by the hand of man.
7. There are 92 known cases of nuclear bombs lost at sea.
8. Snails breathe through their feet.
9. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with: orange, purple, and month! Interesting tries from our readers: orange: door hinge, melange (French for mix) purple: hurtle, durple?, turtle month: once, bunth?, hunch
10. When glass breaks, the cracks move faster than 3,000 miles per hour.
11. Sound travels fifteen times faster through steel than through air.
12. 66% of home based businesses are owned by women.
13. Insulating your attic reduces the amount of energy loss in most houses by up to 20%.
14. Rubber is one of the ingredients in bubble gum.
15. President George W. Bush is related to all other U.S. Presidents!
16. Surgeons who listen to music during operations perform better than those who don't .
17. The normal static electricty shock that zaps your finger when you touch a doorknob is usually between 10,000 and 30,000 volts!
18. You can tape a small mirror onto a cone speaker, play music and shine a laser on to the mirror and the reflection will look like a laser light show on your wall.
19. The average ice berg weighs 20,000,000 tons!
20. Rain contains vitamin B12.
21. The energy of a discharge of an electric eel could start 50 cars.
22. The little bags of netting for gas lanterns (called 'mantles') are radioactive...so much so that they will set of an alarm at a nuclear reactor.
23. The venom of the king cobra is so deadly that just one gram of it can kill 150 people.
24. Salmon can jump as high as 6 feet.
25. Seaweed can grow up to 12 inches per day!
26. The Bible is the most-shoplifted book in the world.
27. The chances of you dying on the way to get your lottery tickets is greater than your chances of winning.
28. The cruise liner, 'Queen Elizabeth 2', moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
29. The longest word in the English language with no vowels is Rhythms!
30. The oldest patented company logo is the red triangle of Bass beers!
31. There are 53 Lego bricks manufactured for each person in the world.
32. Real diamonds can be made from peanut butter!
33. Sound at the right vibration can bore holes through a solid object.
34. Recycling one glass jar, saves enough energy to watch T.V for 3 hours!
35. There is more real lemon juice in Lemon Pledge furniture polish than in Country Time Lemonade.
36. The average American/Canadian drinks about 600 sodas a year!
37. The average company saves over $7,000 for each employee suggestion that is enacted!
38. The average person walks the equivalent of twice around the world in a lifetime
39. The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
40. The largest diamond ever found was an astounding 3,106 carats!
41. The longest word in the English language is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconioses!
42. The name Wendy was made up for the book Peter Pan.
43. The IRS processes more than 2 billion pieces of paper each year.
44. The launching mechanism of a carrier ship that helps planes to take off could throw a pickup truck over a mile.
45. The word 'News' is actually an acronym standing for the 4 cardinal compass points - North, East, West, and South!
46. When young and impoverished, Pablo Picasso kept warm by burning his own paintings.
47. The warmest temperature ever recorded on Antarctica was 3 degrees F.
Trending in Just For Fun
The Royal Navy uses blasts of Britney Spears’s ‘Oops! . . . I Did It Again’ to scare off Somali pirates.
1 in 10 Americans think HTML is a sexually transmitted disease.
51 Internet Facts
In 2011, the United Nations declared that access to the Internet is a basic human right.
32 Christmas Facts
‘Santa Claus Is Coming to Town’ was first sung in November 1934. By Christmas, it had sold 400,000 copies.
Nick Clegg once did community service for setting fire to a rare cactus collection while drunk on a school trip.
The Lego company was originally called Billund Maskinsnedkeri.
In 1552, Henry Pert died after shooting himself in the face with his own bow and arrow.
178 Sleep Facts
The average person in Coventry sleeps for 6 hours and 5 minutes a night.
Traffic lights were introduced 18 years before the car was invented.
44 Gold Facts
In 2011, Australia minted a giant ‘A$1 million’ gold coin. It weighed over a ton and used gold worth A$52 million.
Jerry Springer was born in Highgate Tube station.