186 Interesting Car Facts
1. For women, drinking 1-3 cups of coffee a day reduces their risk of cardiovascular disease by 24%.
2. Most car accidents happen during early afternoon as there is a slump in the level of cortisol in the body.
3. Moms are 10 times more likely than dads to skip work to care for an ill child.
4. On most car dashboards, there is an arrow next to the gas pump symbol that points to which side of the car the tank is on.
5. Be careful what you say. A girl remembers everything.
6. 67% of online shoppers fill their "cart" but abandon it right before the transaction is completed
7. Refined carbs (such as corn syrup) can trigger food cravings similar to how drug addicts crave drugs.
8. The longest letter ever printed in The Times was 11,071 words long. Today, the whole letters page carries only 2,000 words.
9. Many of the cars on "Pimp My Ride" were in the shop for up to half a year and broke down after they were pimped.
10. In the UK, if you hit a dog with your car, you have to report it to the policeâ€”but not if you hit a cat.
11. According to one report, it would take 800 joints to kill a person - but the cause of death would be carbon monoxide poisoning
12. 78% of NFL players go bankrupt or end up facing serious financial stress within two years of ending their playing careers.
13. How to play the theme from Pirates of the Caribbean on your phone: 3566 6788 8977 6556 3566 6788 8977 656
14. The cartoon "Scooby Doo" was based on a group of pot smoking teenagers. The constant hunger, hullucinations, & a hippie van.
15. Dreams carry more weight and meaning than our conscious thoughts while awake. 70% of your dreams contain secret messages.
16. People are most affected by brands and logos when they are sad or scared.
17. The band U2 was originally called "Feedback" and "The Hype" earlier in their career.
18. The worst feeling is when someone makes you feel special, then suddenly leaves you hanging, and you have to act like you don't care at all.
19. You are 60 times safer in a city bus than in a car in the U.S.
20. 28% of IT professionals hide their career from family or friends out of fear of being asked to provide free tech support.
21. If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons make people fat.
22. Anytime you see an ingredient list that includes carmine, cochineal extract or natural red 4, the product contains crushed up bugs.
23. The first fatal car accident in the UK was caused by a driver going at 4 mph.
24. Scarlett Johansson was once so distracted by her own cleavage on a billboard advertisement that she nearly got into a car accident.
25. Energy drinks can actually cause cavities, headaches, miscarriages, and possibly death.
26. People who hide their feelings usually care the most
27. 80% of people will remain quiet even when they really want to say something in order to avoid an argument with someone they care about.
28. The baby carrots we usually buy in stores are just carrots cut in to smaller pieces.
29. No one will ever care like I did, I promise you that.
30. Life becomes much easier when you decide not to care and not let the drama bring you down.
31. Each gorilla family has a silverback as leader who scares away other animals by standing on their back legs and beating their chest.
32. The unhappiest people in this world are the people who care the most about what everyone else thinks.
33. A bottle of champagne contains 90 pounds or pressure per square inch, which is three times the pressure found in car tires.
34. Hurricane Sandy sunk the ship used in 'Pirates of the Caribbean.'
35. The voice of bugs bunny, was allergic to carrots.
36. Al-Qaida in Iraq operates a youth wing for kids under 14 to carry out suicide attacks against military, government, and civilian targets.
37. In the Caribbean, there are oysters that can climb trees
38. Miranda Cosgrove earned $180,000 for each episode of iCarly.
39. Want to piss off the annoying customer behind you at a store? Hold all 4 corner buttons on the credit card machine to reset it.
40. Anthony Hopkins frightened people during screenings of Silence of the Lambs by tapping them on the shoulder during the scary parts.
41. A condom can carry up to 2 liters of water.
42. Nobody is big-boned. Please, take care of yourselves.
43. In many cases, "Pimp My Ride" would take back some of the aftermarket upgrades installed in cars on the show.
44. When your mother was born, she was already carrying the egg that would become you.
45. After getting a Cesarean by a doctor, a patient found that he had carved his initials, A. Z., into her abdomen.
46. People who are angry with each other for the silly little things, are usually the ones who care about each other the most.
47. Carrie Underwood had a third nipple.
48. Colonel Sanders’s career as a lawyer came to an end when he assaulted his client in court.
49. A homeless man held up and robbed a bank for $1, then sat down and waited for police to arrest him so he could receive healthcare in prison.
50. Athazagoraphobia is the fear of being forgotten or ignored by someone you used to care about
51. If you ever get trapped underwater in your car, use your carseat headrest to break the window.
52. The 52 playing cards in a typical deck represent the 52 weeks in a year and the four suits represent the four seasons.
53. My sister laughed at me when I said I was going to build a car out of spaghetti. You should have seen her face as I drove pasta.
54. Working mothers today actually spend as much time taking care of their kids as stay-at-home moms did in the 1970s, according to research.
55. Psychologically, the more loving you are, the more painful it feels when a person fails to realize how much you care for them.
56. Widening and building roads actually adds traffic â€” an increase in roads leads to an increase of cars on those roads.
57. Sometimes I wish I was 29 with my life figured out & sometimes I wish I was 5 with my whole life ahead of me and not a care in the world.
58. Paul McCartney played every instrument on his solo albums "McCartney" and "McCartney II."
59. Sometimes you just have to distance yourself from people. If they care about you they'll notice. If they don't, you'll know where you stand.
60. Pretending not to care is the habit of someone who generally cares the most. Known as an emotional defense mechanism.
61. If you still speak about it, you still care about it.
62. Don't push away the people who truly care about you, because one day, you will push them away, and they won't come back.
63. For every 10% increase in the cost of gas, the number of car accidents goes down by 2.3%.
64. According to a study, people are more likely to break the laws of the road while driving in an expensive car.
65. Compared with one cigarette, one hookah session delivers about 25 times the tar, 2.5 times the nicotine, and 10 times the carbon monoxide.
66. Drinking tea reduces your risk of dying from non-cardiovascular causes by 24%.
67. The energy needed to manufacture a new car is equivalent to 260 gallons of petrol.
68. Around one-third of designated drivers have at least one drink while carrying the title.
69. Originally, carrots were purple.
70. Listen carefully to how a person speaks about other people to you. This is how they will speak about you to other people!
71. Athazagoraphobia is the Fear of being forgotten & or ignored by someone whom you strongly care about.
72. People with dyslexia are good at noticing abnormalities, a trait that suits many scientific careers.
73. Listen carefully to how a person speaks about other people to you.This is how they will speak about you to other people!
74. Men who kiss their wives before leaving for work get into fewer car accidents.
75. Sharon Osbourne sold all of Ozzy Osbournes cars when she found out he was drinking and driving.
76. Cephalocarids are crustaceans that are as small as sesame seeds.
77. Frank Underwood of "House of Cards" has Antisocial Personality Disorder, while his wife, Claire, has Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
78. You are more likely to be pulled over if you drive a gray car.
79. Lonely is not a feeling when you are alone. Lonely is a feeling when no one cares...
80. Before he became a spy, John le Carré washed elephants for the Swiss National Circus.
81. A man sued the other driver and won, 4 years after a car crash. He claimed that the crash turned him gay.
82. Not moving your arms while walking increases your effort by 12% â€” The equivalent of walking 20% faster or carrying a 10 kg backpack.
83. Melissa McCarthy based her "Bridesmaids" character on Guy Fieri.
84. Generally, women care more in a relationship but are more likely to walk away and stay away once they reach a breaking point.
85. Pound for Pound, hamburgers cost more than new cars.
86. Listen carefully to how a person speaks about other people to you. This is probably how they will speak about you to other people.
87. Unexpected text messages from the person you care the most can have a positive affect on your body, and instantly improve your mood.
88. Most new cars fake engine noise through their speakers so that car enthusiasts will buy them. Modern engines are fairly quiet.
89. Your odds of dying in a car accident are around 1 in 5,000.
90. The word 'News' is actually an acronym standing for the 4 cardinal compass points - North, East, West, and South.
91. Steve Carell would try to make his family laugh when he was younger by dressing up as an alien and then sitting at the dinner table.
92. You could eat at a Portland food cart every night for two years before you'd be forced to eat at the same place twice.
93. i used to be very suicidal and I have a lot of scars on my hips. Everytime my boyfriend goes down on me he never forgets to kiss them. -tx
94. Do I care about what you think of me?
95. Once I stop caring about you, good luck getting that back.
96. In the game Cards Against Humanity, the person who pooped last should go first, according to the official rules.
97. There used to be caramel-filled M&Ms. They were produced from 2001-2003 and had 36 grams of fat per serving.
98. In Grand Theft Auto, if your character is carrying every weapon with full ammo, the character is carrying anywhere between 600-800 lbs.
99. 52 cards represent the 52 weeks in a year.
13 cards per suit represents the 13 months of the lunar year.
4 suits represent the 4 seasons.
100. Estimates suggest that only 2% of terrorist attacks in the EU and 6% of terrorist attacks in the US were carried out by Islamic extremists.
101. A person who seems jealous or clingy is actually someone who cares the most.
102. McRibs contain azodicarbonamide, an ingredient also used to make yoga mats. #nevereatyogamats
103. Generally, women care more in a relationship but are more likely to walk away and stay away once they reach breaking point.
104. Signs that read "Not responsible for your car or its contents" carry no weight in court and are posted simply to discourage legal action.
105. The more expensive a car is, the more likely a driver is to cut off pedestrians and other vehicles.
106. The king of hearts is the only king without a moustache on a standard playing card.
107. s/o to those teachers who actually do care about your grades and try to do everything possible to not give you a failing grade
108. While Jamie Lee Curtis' primary claim to fame is her acting career, she also invented a new type of diaper in 1987.
109. People who get mad at each other over silly things, are usually the ones who care about each other the most
110. A study found that men who had working mothers spend significantly more time caring for their own children.
111. Men who had good relationships with their moms as children end up making $90,000 more per year than men with mothers who were uncaring.
112. Left-handed people are more likely to experience PTSD symptoms after watching a scary film.
113. Left-handed people are more likely to want careers in creative fields.
114. Athazagoraphobia is the fear of being forgotten and or ignored by someone whom you care a lot about.
115. Women who have a bigger butt with an arched back are able to carry the weight of pregnancy better, which is why men notice these traits.
116. There is enough cartoons in your body to make 9,000 pencils.
117. 10-15 minutes of jump roping can burn over 200 calories. This makes jump roping one of the best and efficient forms of cardio.
118. Always go with the choice that scares you the most, because that's the one that is going to help you grow.
119. Unexpected text messages from the person you care about can have a positive affect on your body and instantly improve your mood.
120. Women generally care more within a relationship but are also more likely to walk away and stay away once reaching a breaking point.
121. A singing birthday card has more computing power than the allied forces in 1945
122. People who are angry with each other for the silly little things, are usually the ones who care about each other the most
123. The first motor insurance policy issued by Lloyd’s of London described the car as a ‘ship navigating on land’.
124. A man once wrote his own credit card contract, then sued the bank for breaking the contract's terms.
125. 3/4 of the cars Rolls-Royce has ever produced are still on the road.
126. Hallmark invented the folded card because a postcard had very little room to write, and a letter was too long for seasonal greetings.
127. People who care less about what people think of them tend to have a higher I.Q. than those who do.
128. There are 52 playing cards in a deck to represent the 52 weeks in a year - The four suits represent the 4 seasons.
129. Carrying a condom is sufficient evidence to be arrested for prostitution in New York.
130. 1 out of every 4 bridges in the U.S. either carries more traffic than originally intended or is in need of repair.
131. Athazagoraphobia: The fear of being forgotten and or ignored by someone whom you strongly care about.
132. Women are more likely to get in a car accident on a weekday, men more likely to crash on the weekend.
133. Place your car key under your chin, and the "signal will resonate in your skull increasing the range dramatically.
134. The first armoured presidential car was a Cadillac that had previously belonged to Al Capone.
135. 80% of all serious or fatal car crashes are caused by men.
136. Collared peccaries greet one another by rubbing their head on each other's rumps.
137. Jenny McCarthy and Melissa McCarthy are first cousins.
138. Hornet moths are moths that look like hornets to scare away predators.
139. Sometimes we need to get away to see who really cares about us.
140. People with blue eyes are more intelligent and perform better in their academic careers than people with brown eyes.
141. 52 cards represent the 52 weeks in a year.
13 cards per suit represents the 13 months of the lunar year.
4 suits represent the 4 seasons.
142. Idling your car in cold temperatures to "warm it up" only leads to a shorter lifespan for your engine.
143. A man once robbed a bank for $1 so he could be arrested and get free health care.
144. Listen carefully to how a person speaks about other people to you.This is how they will speak about you to other people
145. Sometimes the best way to solve a problem is to just stop caring.
146. Al "Scarface" Capone got his infamous scars when he told a woman "You got a nice ass" in front of her brother while working at a bar.
147. Make sure to listen carefully to how a person speaks about other people to you. This is how they will speak about you to other people.
148. Credit card companies refer to people who pay their balance in full and on time each month as "deadbeats."
149. If your car is about to get towed, get in it. Tow trucks are forced to stop to avoid kidnapping charges
150. Women rate men with facial scars as more desirable for a short term relationship than men without scars.
151. 75% of cars that Rolls Royce has ever produced are still on the road today.
152. At the height of their success, the Medellin Cartel spent $2,500 per month on rubber bands for their bricks of cash.
153. Psychologically, one of the most devastating things in life is when someone you care about gives up on you.
154. A recent study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.
155. People with blue eyes tend to be more intelligent, and perform better in their academic careers than people with brown eyes.
156. Before Steve Harvey became successful in his career, he was homeless for three years.
157. 60% of people fear that they care about a person way more than that person cares about them.
158. Sometimes you have to walk away from people, not because you don't care, but because they don't.
159. Athazagoraphobia is the Fear of being forgotten or ignored by someone whom you strongly care about.
160. Not arguing at all in a relationship represents a lack of interest. People who care about one another tend to argue now and again.
161. It is possible to die from a broken heart -- This condition is called Stress Cardiomyopathy
162. A person who seems jealous are or clingy is actually someone who cares the most.
163. Not arguing and or fighting in a relationship represents a lack of interest. People who care about one another tend to fight more.
164. From a complete stop, a human is capable of outrunning a Formula One Race car for about 30 feet.
165. People with face blindness also have trouble recognizing cars.
166. 3/4 of the cars Rolls Royce has ever produced are still on the road.
167. Listen carefully to how a person speaks about other people to you. This is how they will speak about you to other people.
168. Girls might not be able to find their purse, shoes or car keys but they sure as hell can remember something you said 8 months ago.
169. Lonely is not a feeling when you are alone. Lonely is a feeling when no one cares.
170. Not caring whether or not there is a god is called Apatheism.
171. Positive text messages from people you care about can actually have a positive influence on your body and improve your mood.
172. The less you care, the happier you are.
173. You can tell twins apart by looking at their belly buttons, which are scars and not determined by genetics.
174. Carrot juice is ten times more radioactive than beer.
175. Prince Charles runs his car on biofuel made from wine.
176. Once you have true feelings for someone, it will always be there. You may not like them anymore, but you still care.
177. Positive text messages from people you care about can actually have a positive influence on your body and improve your mood."
178. In the U.S., only 9% of dual-income marriages share housework, childcare, and breadwinning evenly.
179. The last car to have a cassette deck come standard was the Lexus SC430 in 2010.
180. The weight of a carat (200 milligrams); standard unit of measurement for gemstones, is based on the weight of the carob seed.
181. About 39,000 gallons of water are used to produce the average car.
182. According to an age old custom, carrying a dead shrew in your pocket wards off rheumatism.
183. Be careful who you trust.
184. Suarez Definition: To Suarez is to casually or randomly bite people to intentionally wound them. Sentence: Carry on and I will Suarez you.
185. The following reads the same forwards and backwards: "WAS IT A CAR OR A CAT I SAW"
186. 80% of people remain quiet even when they really want to say something in order to avoid an argument with someone they care about.
Trending in Just For Fun
1 in 10 Americans think HTML is a sexually transmitted disease.
51 Internet Facts
In 2011, the United Nations declared that access to the Internet is a basic human right.
32 Christmas Facts
‘Santa Claus Is Coming to Town’ was first sung in November 1934. By Christmas, it had sold 400,000 copies.
Nick Clegg once did community service for setting fire to a rare cactus collection while drunk on a school trip.
The Lego company was originally called Billund Maskinsnedkeri.
In 1552, Henry Pert died after shooting himself in the face with his own bow and arrow.
Forest fires can be sparked by sunlight magnified by water on dried-out leaves.
Pregreening is creeping forward while waiting for a red light to change.
141 Love Facts
Falling in love costs you, on average, two close friends.
The US Patent Office insisted on proof that the Ouija board worked before granting the patent in 1891.