60 Random Facebook Facts
1. A study found that the more agreeable a person is, the more likely that person will be tagged in Facebook photos posted by other people.
2. Facebook makes people depressed because it leads them to believe that their friends & family are happier than they actually are.
3. A 19-year-old mother was once arrested after she posted a Facebook photo showing her infant smoking out of a bong.
4. Female Facebook users are more likely to suffer from depression and are also known to be unhappy with their lives.
5. Facebook is primarily blue because Mark Zuckerberg suffers red-green color blindness.
6. People who put their Facebook status as "In a relationship" are more committed to that relationship.
7. People who get their news from Twitter tend to be more educated than those who get their news from Facebook.
8. 30% of the general population gets their news from Facebook.
9. When Zuckerberg created Facebook in 2004, he bragged about people trusting his site with personal information and called them "dumb f*cks."
10. People generally compare their lives to others via Facebook which is why spending less time on Facebook can improve happiness.
11. Facebook = You realize how different you are from others. Twitter = You realize there are people who know exactly how you feel.
12. Males are more likely to use possessive terms ("my friends" "my wife") in their Facebook statuses than females.
13. 890 million people uses Facebook every day. $FB
14. Facebook bought Instagram in late 2012 for a final price tag of $715 million. Instagram is now worth $35 billion. $FB
15. People on average; take 15 minutes to return to serious mental tasks after updating their Facebook status or sending Tweet.
16. Facebook is testing disappearing posts, where users can schedule a status update to expire at a predetermined time.
17. You can report suicidal users on Facebook.
18. Facebook causes you to overestimate how happy your friends are and, in turn, makes you more depressed.
19. When Zuckerberg created Facebook in 2004, he bragged about people trusting his site with personal information and called them dumb f*cks.
20. Facebook makes people depressed because it leads them to believe that their friends and family are happier than they actually are.
21. Over 350 million people suffer from FAD (Facebook Addiction Disorder).
22. 41% of people say that their first social media profile was on Facebook, while 26% say it was Myspace.
23. People who post Facebook status updates about their romantic partner are more likely to have low self-esteem, according to research.
24. An inmate once escaped prison, once out, he began posting photos of himself mocking the police on Facebook which led police straight to him.
25. People who get their news from Twitter are more educated than those who get their news from Facebook.
26. 83 percent of prostitutes have Facebook accounts.
27. Facebook engineers originally wanted to call the like button the awesome button.
28. A recent study found that using Facebook for long periods of time can cause boredom, depression and fatigue.
29. Nothing says "My balls are kept in a jar inside her purse" quite like a joint Facebook account.
30. New study using Facebook network data shows a correlation between higher social class and fewer international friendships.
31. Facebook loses $24,420 for every minute it is down.
32. People who prefer Twitter over Facebook tend to have a higher IQ but are also more likely to suffer from insomnia.
33. When Facebook originally began, it required a valid college email, so that it was only used by scholars.
34. There are currently more people on Facebook, than there were on the planet 200 years ago.
35. U.S. adults who get their news from Twitter are younger and more educated on average than people who get their news from Facebook.
36. People using Facebook are twice as likely to click on a political advertisement designed to evoke anger than one with a neutral message.
37. The average person is far more likely to remember a Facebook status than a line from a well-written book.
38. Artistic, imaginative, and creative people are most likely to complete the personal information sections on Facebook, according to a study.
39. Facebook is cited in one-third of UK divorce cases.
40. 70% of Facebook users are on the site daily.
41. 78% of Americans prefer receiving a romantic text rather than an affectionate Facebook post or Tweet, according to a survey.
42. 85% of women say they are regularly annoyed by their Facebook friends.
43. Facebook changed their "feeling fat" emoji" to "feeling stuffed" after body-image activists protested with a petition.
44. Facebook makes people depressed because it leads them to believe that their friends
45. According to a survey, 59% of people remain Facebook friends with an ex after they've broken up.
46. If a Facebook profile picture has two people in it, there is about an 80% chance it belongs to the less attractive one.
47. There is a new Facebook feature that will let you designate who will manage your page after you die.
48. Steve Chen worked at Facebook for a few weeks before quitting to do his own startup. It was called YouTube.
49. About 50% of all Facebook relationships that have survived 3 months are likely to survive to four years or longer.
50. Recent study shows that Facebook helps people feel connected, but it doesn't make them happier.
51. Instagram is the most important social network for teens, followed by Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr, respectively.
52. A father once murdered 2 people after they '˜unfriended' his daughter on Facebook.
53. After checking your Facebook notifications, or Twitter timelines, it takes the brain 15 minutes to return to serious mental tasks
54. There are 30 million accounts on Facebook of people who have already died
55. Facebook should have a limit on the number of times people can change their relationship status. After 5 it should default to "Unstable"
56. Myspace is blue, Facebook is blue, Instagram is blue, Tumblr is blue, Twitter is blue. The color blue relieves stress.
57. There are more Facebook users than there are books in the entire world.
58. Facebook causes you to overestimate how happy your friends are, and makes you more depressed.
59. Teens who interact with their parents on Facebook are also more likely to feel close to them in real life.
60. At least 5 people have reportedly been murdered for unfriending someone on Facebook.
Trending in Just For Fun
The Royal Navy uses blasts of Britney Spears’s ‘Oops! . . . I Did It Again’ to scare off Somali pirates.
1 in 10 Americans think HTML is a sexually transmitted disease.
51 Internet Facts
In 2011, the United Nations declared that access to the Internet is a basic human right.
Nick Clegg once did community service for setting fire to a rare cactus collection while drunk on a school trip.
The Lego company was originally called Billund Maskinsnedkeri.
In 1552, Henry Pert died after shooting himself in the face with his own bow and arrow.
178 Sleep Facts
The average person in Coventry sleeps for 6 hours and 5 minutes a night.
Traffic lights were introduced 18 years before the car was invented.
44 Gold Facts
In 2011, Australia minted a giant ‘A$1 million’ gold coin. It weighed over a ton and used gold worth A$52 million.
Jerry Springer was born in Highgate Tube station.
Forest fires can be sparked by sunlight magnified by water on dried-out leaves.