658 Fascinating Fascinating Facts
1. Beavers can hold their breath for 45 minutes under water.
2. Iguanas have a third eye on top of their head that only detects light, dark, and movement.
3. 86% of holy water contains fecal matter.
4. Toothbrushes were made using neck hair of wild boars till 1930s.
5. The only cells that survive from the time you are born until death are in your eye
6. 1 in 5 kidneys donated in the US is thrown away because a suitable recipient can’t be found.
7. Gavisti, the Sanskrit word for ‘war’, literally translates as ‘desire for more cows’.
8. Your blood alcohol concentration typically peaks 30 to 60 minutes after your last drink.
9. The phrase ‘pipe dream’ originates from the fantasies induced by smoking opium.
10. Using iTunes to build nuclear weapons is against their terms of service.
11. When Edwin Beard Budding invented the lawnmower, he tested it at night so no one would think he was mad.
12. Rapper Busta Rhymes voiced Reptar from Rugrats
13. A new machine called "The Omniprocessor" can turn poop into clean drinking water and generate electricity.
14. Stan Laurel was originally called Stan Jefferson. He changed his name because it had 13 letters in it.
15. Middlesboro, Kentucky is built entirely within a meteor crater.
16. The idea that sitting too close to the TV is bad for your eyes was started by a lamp manufacturer.
17. A study found that wearing clothing that's more formal than usual causes people to use abstract processing rather than concrete processing.
18. Lewstery means ‘to bustle about like a lusty wench’.
19. 95% of people don’t wash their hands properly before leaving a public toilet.
20. Deja Vu occurs when your brain tries to apply a memory of a past situation to your current one, fails, and makes you feel like its happened.
21. A grasshopper becomes more sociable if you stroke its hind legs.
22. When choir members sing together, their heartbeats often synchronize.
23. The odds of getting struck by lightning in the U.S. in any given year is 1 in 700,000, but over a lifetime, they are just 1 in 3,000.
24. When you feel like you need something, but you can't figure out what it is, it's water. It's always water.
25. 1 in 4 people have a hole in their heart.
26. Joseph Goebbels was the same height as Lindsay Lohan.
27. JFK was wearing a corset when he was shot.
28. The penis of the Argonaut mollusc snaps off during sex: it can only mate once.
29. The largest bra size is 48V.
30. Go where your admired, not where your tolerated. If they dont appreciate you, its time to find people who do.
31. The curly part of a corkscrew is called the ‘worm’.
32. The chairman of a company is four times more likely to be a psychopath than the doorman.
33. The ashes of one in 50 people who are cremated are never collected by relatives.
34. All glossy magazines are radioactive.
35. 33% of people believe they or someone else, looks better while smiling with their mouth closed.
36. If proportional weight is taken into account, a horse is weaker than a man.
37. The brain named itself.
38. Couples who live together before engagement have higher divorce rates than those who wait.
39. The United Nations has declared 2015 to be the International Year of Light and the International Year of Soils.
40. Brass doorknobs disinfect themselves in a process known as the oligodynamic effect.
41. People who cannot understand sarcasm are more likely to suffer from dementia and experience a decline in the brain's abilities.
42. You can die from drinking too much water.
43. Having a crush can alter your brain chemistry for up to two years.
44. According to one study, homophobic people die 2 and a 1/2 years earlier than an equally healthy person of the same age.
45. 66% of surveyed single men and women say the reason for them being single is they have yet to find their soul mate.
46. Ladies, if you put your fingers in ice water immediately after painting your nails the paint will dry instantly.
47. You are more likely to be killed by your sofa or a lightning bolt than by a terrorist attack.
48. Satanists believe that the devil is a freethinking hero who rejected a capricious, domineering ruler in favor of free will.
49. Everyone has at least 50,000 thoughts a day but 95% of them are the same as the day before.
50. For every energy drink a child consumes, the odds increase by 14% that they will be hyperactive or have problems concentrating.
51. If you see a statue of a man on a horse, look at the horse. If the horse has both of its front feet in the air, then the man died in battle.
52. The most common bacteria found on banknotes are the ones that cause acne.
53. Only 20% of employees feel strongly valued at work, while 80% feel poorly or moderately valued, a survey revealed.
54. Living on a city block with 10 or more trees improves health perception in ways comparable to being 7 years younger, a study shows.
55. Squirting cold water into your left ear will make you feel less optimistic.
56. When you hear ringing inside your ears, It's your brain trying to repair itself... And failing.
57. The average lifespan of an eyebrow hair is three to five months.
58. "Bye Felicia" = The foolishness coming from your mouth has exceeded my tolerance level. Please excuse your from this conversation.
59. Dimples may be cute, but they are an inherited genetic flaw.
60. 80% of people who are struck by lightning survive.
61. ‘Dr Seuss’ should be pronounced ‘Dr Zoice’.
62. It is illegal to take mineral water into Nigeria.
63. Peeing in the shower saves you about 4,400 liters of water annually.
64. He died later that year.
65. People who are exposed to bright light early in the morning tend to be more alert throughout the day.
66. When ignored by that person whose attention means the most to you, the reaction in your brain is similar to physical pain.
67. Castrated men have a longer lifespan, ranging between 14 to 19 years more than castrated men.
68. The Inuit word iktsuarpok means ‘to keep going outside to see if anyone’s coming’.
69. Head lice will die if they don’t eat six times a day.
70. During his lifetime Lewis Carroll wrote 98,721 letters.
71. Doctors who make a lot of eye contact are viewed as more likable and empathetic by patients.
72. 'Defenestration' is the act of throwing someone out a window.
73. Your eyeballs stay the same size from birth to death.
74. If you feed silk worms mulberry leaves sprayed with pink fabric dye, they make pink silk.
75. Eight of the 10 most commonly used drugs in the U.S. are for hypertension, heart failure, and diabetes, largely due to obesity.
76. You can stop a toothache by rubbing ice on the back of your hand, on the webbed area between your thumb and index finger.
77. Every time you open your eyes, your brain activity changes drastically.
78. The founders of Hewlett-Packard flipped a coin to decide which of them would come first in the company name.
79. Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.
80. Regardless of household income, children of authoritarian parents are a third more likely to be obese.
81. 30% of women in relationships believe that Valentine's Day is overrated.
82. 13% of women believe hair that is "too perfect" is a turn-off, according to a study.
83. When ignored by someone whose attention means the most to you, the reaction in the brain is similar to physical pain.
84. ‘Bingo’ was first used as slang for ‘brandy’.
85. To be appstracted is to be distracted by an app.
86. Women have smaller brains than men, however, women also use their brains more efficiently than men.
87. Each year, the average family uses about 18,000 gallons of water just to do its laundry.
88. It is more likely to be killed by an asteroid than to be killed by lightening
89. No one really knows for sure why we have armpit hair.
90. More women are born near the equator than men.
91. ever be at the gym and in the middle of a push-up you stop to think "dam most of me is water"
92. Physical touch makes you healthier. Studies show that massages, hugs, and hand holding reduce stress and boost the immune system.
93. Every time you sneeze some of your brain cells die.
94. Enough Polo mints are produced in one year to give everyone in the UK 114 each.
95. An 80-year-old’s fingernails grow half as quickly as a 30-year-old’s.
96. The highest rates of atheism occur in nations where citizens have high economic and political stability.
97. Your heart is about the same size as your closed fist.
98. Early writers were thought to be possessed by the Devil if they were left-handed.
99. It is predicted that you will be able to download your thoughts and memories from your brain onto a backup computer by 2050.
100. Lightning is hot enough to turn sand into glass
101. In 2013, Al-Qaeda apologised for accidentally beheading one of their own men.
102. Frank Sinatra took a shower 12 times a day.
103. Maintaining strong legs through daily life activities or weight training is linked to 18% better memory and cognitive brain skills.
104. Pirates wore eye patches to have one eye adjusted for the top deck and the other already adjusted for the darkness when going below deck.
105. 'Darkness is beauty, much like light.'
106. 'All About That Bass' by Meghan Trainor took 45 minutes to write.
107. Our brains have a negativity bias and will remember bad memories more than good ones.
108. A hippo can open its mouth wide enough to fit a 4 foot tall child inside.
109. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
110. 24% of Britons eat cereal for supper at least once a week.
111. Lip biting triggers a rush of chemicals to the brain which reduce anxiety and stress.
112. If all the time our eyes are shut when blinking is added together, we would spend 1.2 years of our walking lives in pitch darkness.
113. Everyone on Palmerston Island, in the middle of the Pacific, speaks with a Gloucestershire accent.
114. Being called " Baby " has a positive effect on the female brain, causing instant mental stimulation & stress relief.
115. If you commit any crime at sea, you are considered a pirate.
116. In New York, it is against the law for a blind person to drive an automobile.
117. Brunettes have fewer hairs on their head than their blonde and redheaded counterparts.
118. Breathing the air in Beijing has the same health risks as smoking 21 cigarettes a day.
119. Missing someone causes insomnia. The frustration of being without that person keeps you awake at night.
120. Mozart kept a fart diary.
121. The quality of workout, not the duration determines how much weight you lose/sustain.
122. If you get gum on an item of clothing, put the item in the freezer for two to three hours and the gum will be easier to peel off.
123. A 13 year old boy found a tooth growing out of his foot in 1977.
124. It takes six minutes to get from one to the other.
125. Two-thirds of all $100 bills are held outside the US.
126. Workers at various iPad factories operate in conditions so horrible, they are forced to sign anti-suicide pledges.
127. A ten-gallon hat actually holds a little less than one gallon of water.
128. Wilbur was thirty six years old and Orville was only thirty two years old they flew their first successful flight.
129. Joseph Conrad died leaving an unfinished novel called Suspense.
130. Heart disease kills more people in developed countries than HIV/AIDS does in undeveloped countries.
131. Blow some air in when filling up water balloons. It will make it so it pops when hitting someone instead of just bouncing off.
132. Phasmophobia is the fear of ghosts.
133. Blue-eyed people tend to have a higher alcohol tolerance than those with darker eyes.
134. When you are black-out drunk, your brain literally loses the ability to create new memories.
135. An acersecomic is a person who has never had a haircut.
136. The average person generates 5 tons of poop in a lifetime.
137. A surgery checklist with questions like, "Do we have the right patient?" and 'What operation are we doing?' reduces deaths by more than 40%.
138. A single bolt of lightning contains enough energy to cook 100,000 pieces of toast.
139. The Pentagon has twice as many bathrooms as is necessary because when it was built laws required separate facilities for...
140. In 1816, The Times warned its readers that the waltz was ‘a fatal contagion’.
141. Liberals are less likely to die early than conservatives, but there is no difference in the risk of death between Democrats and Republicans.
142. Shoes with five eyelets on each side can be laced up 51,840 different ways.
143. Older people focus on the more positive aspects of experiencesâ€”and recall them in a more positive lightâ€”than younger people, studies show.
144. Having trouble opening a lid? Pour hot water on itÂ—the heat makes it expand so you can easily screw it off
145. The lighter was invented before the match.
146. When waking up, jump up quickly and the rapid movement will help rebalance any pooled blood and quicken blood flow to your brain and heart.
147. Hugs that last over 20 seconds release a chemical in your brain called Oxytocin that makes you trust someone more
148. Marijuana has a much greater effect on the brains of teenage females than teenage males.
149. You are 2.5 times more likely to die of a heart attack or stroke if you're a regular complainer of being bored.
150. Teens who are grateful experience an increase in mental health and a greater sense of meaning in life.
151. If you have trouble remembering a word, clench your fist - it increases brain activity and improves memory.
152. Ebola outbreaks have a case fatality rate of up to 90%.
153. The House of Lords has a rifle range in the basement.
154. Tip: If you chew gum when you study a subject and then chew the same flavour when you the take the test it can help you remember.
155. Adderall is effectively equivalent to slightly diluted Meth.
156. Pirates spent their loot as soon as they got it, on account of their short livesâ€”there are only a few documented cases of buried treasure.
157. The cross-eyed silent-film comedian Ben Turpin had his eyes insured against uncrossing.
158. Lenin owned nine Rolls-Royces.
159. Tip: If you chew gum when you study a subject and then chew the same flavor when you the take the test it can help you remember.
160. A moderate jogging habit can add about three years to your life.
161. Adult cave newts don't have eyes, but they live in the dark anyway
162. Medieval peasants ate twice as many calories as we do today.
163. A male's testicles hang at different lengths so they don't damage each other or collide when running/sitting.
164. Mentally talking to yourself boosts your brain power.
165. "When i was a kid i saw what looked to be a shadow of someones hand turn off the lightswitch. i was the only one upstairs" -NJ
166. An awkward 4-second pause in conversation creates feelings of rejection and anxiety in the brain.
167. Reflectors on pedestrians’ clothing are a legal requirement in Estonia.
168. Men with shaved heads are perceived as an inch taller and 13% stronger than men with hair.
169. Faking confidence can positively influence your brain chemistry and change your life.
170. Calling obesity a disease causes obese people to be less motivated to lose weight and make healthy choices, according to a study.
171. A ‘quarter pounder’ weighs less than a fifth of a pound when cooked.
172. Brushing your hair with 100 strokes a day will not make it shiny and healthy â€” the built-up friction will actually damage it.
173. Rats and mice are actually ticklish. And they laugh, meaning they make lots of squeaking sounds if tickled.
174. In Ashgabat (capital of Turkmenistan), water, gas and electricity are free.
175. In 2008, a married couple in the UK realized they were twins separated at birth.
176. The lawnmower is the most dangerous item in the garden.
177. Being cynical increases the risk of heart disease and dementia.
178. Princess Diana spent almost $6,284.80 a year to have her hair bleached.
179. An "aquabob" is an underwater blowjob.
180. If you hold your breath and put your face in cold water, your heart will immediately slow down by 25%.
181. Leint is an old northern word meaning ‘to add urine to ale to make it stronger’.
182. Over thinking can cause hair loss.
183. The US, Papua New Guinea, Swaziland, Liberia and Lesotho are the only countries without mandatory maternity leave.
184. Your eyebrows renew themselves every 64 days.
185. The soil in your back garden is two million years old.
186. People who work in public transit are at the top of the list for rates of depression, according to a study.
187. 84% of writers to the letters page of The Times are men.
188. Shirley Temple always had exactly 56 curls in her hair.
189. A 121⁄2-stone man contains 110,000 calories.
190. A wheeple is an ineffectual attempt to whistle loudly.
191. After trying cocaine once, it rewires your brain chemistry to want it again.
192. The pupil of the eye expands as much as 45 percent when a person looks at something pleasing.
193. Rapper Ice T’s real name is Tracy Lauren Marrow.
194. You can kill the Ebola virus before it enters your system by simply washing your hands with soap and water.
195. Teens who misperceive their weight as overweight are actually more likely to overeat compared to teens who accurately perceive their weight.
196. Squinting helps you see because it focuses the light coming into your eyeball directly on the fovea, which is responsible for seeing detail.
197. The word ‘weather’ originally just meant ‘wind’.
198. Khaki is Urdu for ‘dust’.
199. Women’s breast tissue ages faster than the rest of their bodies.
200. Studies suggest chewing the same flavor of gum while studying and taking a test can help improve your score.
201. An ‘eye-baby’ is the tiny reflection of yourself in someone else’s eye.
202. The original KitKat was an 18th-century mutton pie.
203. Goat's eyes have rectangular pupils, which allow them to watch over their broad, flat grazing area for predators
204. The largest-ever leech was 18 inches long and went by the name of Grandma Moses.
205. Dancing can help relieve pain, prevent disease and manage chronic health conditions.
206. Toothpicks injure almost 9,000 people every year.
207. A loving hug from a special someone can be beneficial for the health of the heart.
208. Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.
209. Cuddling before bed helps the brain to relax.
210. if you play with my hair voluntarily you are very special to me
211. People see men with shaved heads as more dominant than those with full heads of hair.
212. Old Faithful geyser was once used for laundry - clothes were put on the crater, launched by the erupting water, and came back fully washed.
213. The more water you drink, the more energetic you feel, the less likely you are to feel sadness & or depression.
214. A nematode worm’s brain is shaped like a doughnut.
215. Louis XIV’s favourite seasoning was soy sauce.
216. The Hebrew for ‘usury’ is ribbit.
217. In Hindi, a chummery is a house shared by two or more bachelors.
218. NEPA, the Nigerian Electric Power Company, is popularly known as ‘Never Electric Power Anytime’.
219. Drinking a glass of water before a meal helps you eat less.
220. Believe with your eyes, not with your ears.
221. Basically almost everything you learned in university can now be found on Wikipedia for free.
222. There is a Phenomenon where people believe street lights react to their presence which is known as "Street light interference phenomenon"
223. Most Britons say ‘sorry’ almost two million times in their lives.
224. It is estimated that the entire power supply of Nigeria generates only enough electricity to power a single toaster for every 44 people.
225. Swinging your arms when walking makes it 12% easier.
226. Dying triggers chemical changes in the brain that actually make you feel depressed.
227. It is believed that pirates wore eyepatches so that one eye would be adjusted to see in the dark below deck.
228. People who work long hours tend to drink more than those who keep lighter hours.
229. A man who could not see or hear was cured after being struck by lightning - It even caused his hair to grow back.
230. A study from OkCupid reveals that women rate 80% of the men on the dating site to be unattractive.
231. A peppier is a waiter whose sole job is to go round with a pepper grinder.
232. When you are ignored by a person whose attention means the most to you, the reaction in your brain will be similar to physical pain.
233. One reason men cry less than women is because they have larger tear ducts, prohibting their eyes from leaking easily.
234. May is National Masturbation Month, and the 28th of May is celebrated as National Masturbation Day.
235. Happier countries also tend to have higher suicide rates.
236. Cops are specifically trained to handcuff dead people.
237. It only takes 6 minutes for brain cells to react to alcohol.
238. Study your notes within one day of taking them. Retention rates are 60% higher then!
239. Schizotypy is a mild form of schizophrenia where a person may demonstrate odd beliefs and behavior, but is not delusional.
240. When an egg floats in water, it has gone bad and should not be eaten.
241. In the UK, one child goes missing every five minutes.
242. In most countries, the most popular programme on TV is the weather forecast.
243. Our brain has a Negativity bias causing you to continually look for bad news.
244. Studies suggest chewing the same flavor of gum while studying and taking a test can help improve your score
245. While women have smaller brains than men, women use their brains more efficiently than men.
246. People who believe in luck are luckier than those who don’t.
247. A pair of brown rats can produce as many as 2,000 descendants in a year.
248. When ignored by someone whose attention means the most to you, the reaction in the brain is similar to physical pain
249. Drinking water can improve your performance on tests.
250. In 1910, the average Briton sent 116 items by post.
251. For people over 60, light or moderate alcohol intake is associated with better recall of past events, according to a study.
252. Laughing lowers stress hormones and strengthens the immune system by releasing health-enhancing hormones.
253. People can recognise each other 90% of the time just from the way they walk.
254. 4% of the sand on Normandy beaches is made up of tiny metal particles from the D-Day landings.
255. One o’clock in the morning is the peak time for moth activity.
256. The cigarette lighter was invented before the match was invented
257. A bad marriage is much worse for your health than being single.
258. Ever have that annoying itch in your throat that makes you want to gag and cough to get it out? Scratch your ear it will go away!
259. You are more likely to die by falling in the bathtub, getting struck by lightning, or drowning in the bathtub, than from a terrorist attack.
260. Rather than be captured, a defeated samurai would stab himself in the left belly, draw the blade to the right, then pull upwards.
261. Instagram: Selfie of a girl who just dyed her hair with a caption that says "Change is good"
262. Broomstacking is a traditional drink taken after a game of curling; the losing team foots the bill.
263. Men are more likely to think their "self" resides in their brains, while women are more likely to think their "self" is in their hearts.
264. Studies show that parents tend to exaggerate how much joy they get from their children to justify the huge investment that kids require.
265. Dyschronometria is a disorder in which people cannot accurately estimate the amount of time that has passed.
266. Picasso painted using ordinary house paint.
267. Until the 19th century, champagne was pink and had no bubbles.
268. Palm trees are a type of grass.
269. On average, flight tickets are the absolute cheapest 54 days before the flight.
270. Male woodlice can change sex but females can’t.
271. The likelihood of having a mental health problem is three times higher among people who have debt.
272. A leech can take up to 200 days to digest a meal.
273. Casanova used half a lemon as an improvised contraceptive.
274. A blind, bald, and near deaf man was struck by lightning and all three conditions were fixed.
275. Studies show that cuddling before bed helps the brain to relax.
276. There are two ways of being rich: One is to have all you want, the other is to be satisfied with what you have.
277. Closing your eyes when thinking about something can make it easier to remember.
278. Sunflowers can be used to clean up radioactive waste.
279. Forty-five states have laws that allow under-aged drinking under certain circumstances.
280. The average male brain is about 10% bigger than the average female's.
281. If you crack an egg underwater, it will retain its original shape.
282. Alternative names considered for Twitter were FriendStalker and Throbber.
283. A horse hoof is 1 enlarged toe; deer walk on 2 toes (their other toes are smaller)
284. Half of all tweets are pointless babble.
285. Fighter pilots in stressful situations release such large amounts of hormones that they may ejaculate.
286. Studies have shown that castrated men can live up to 20 years longer than their intact counterparts.
287. Some old braids of Willie Nelson's hair fetched $37,000 at auction.
288. Pure LSD (Acid) salts are triboluminesent, emitting small flashes of light when shaken in the dark.
289. If you drink enough water in the morning, you will feel happier, sharper, and more energetic throughout the day.
290. 88% of women routinely wear shoes that are too small for their feet.
291. Our little toes were much stronger before shoes became widespread.
292. Qatar is the only country that begins with a Q and Iraq is the only country that ends with one.
293. The expiration date on water bottles is for the bottle, not the water.
294. On the 90s show "Ghostwriter," the Ghostwriter was the soul of a slave who was killed because he was teaching other slaves how to read.
295. Roger Williams, the father of Separation of Church and State, wanted to keep the two separate to protect the Church, not the State.
296. Men with smaller testicles tend to be better fathers.
297. If you ever get kidnapped and they tie your hands together & put tape over your mouth, lick the tape until it falls off.
298. In Kentucky, it is against the law to remarry the same man four times.
299. "Assault" is just the threat of attacking someone. Battery is the actual act of making unlawful contact with another.
300. Clothes shrink too small? Soak clothes in a mixture of hot water and hair conditioner for 5 minutes, to unshrink them.
301. Offa’s Dyke was built 200 years before King Offa was born.
302. In the largest study of its kind, mixed-race faces were rated as more attractive than non-mixed-race faces.
303. By the time they are eight children have forgotten 60% of what happened before they were three.
304. A rat can survive being flushed down the toilet.
305. 1 in 5 people in 2005 admitted to taking Derbisol – a drug that doesn’t exist.
306. Your heart beats over 100,000 times a day.
307. Lip biting triggers a rush of chemicals to the brain which reduce anxiety, stress and increases mood.
308. Holy water is not allowed to be flushed down the toilet or disposed of in regular plumbing.
309. A new study suggests that brown-eyed men are more trustworthy than blue-eyed dudes.
310. A man was so enraged by spam, that he quit his job to study law and now makes a living filing lawsuits against spammers.
311. In the UK in 2013, more than 4,000 people were buried in paupers’ graves.
312. Before babies can even talk, they rehearse the sounds in their brain.
313. 4-D printers create objects that have four-dimensional characteristics, relying on water, heat, or light to activate them.
314. In 1999, Darlington FC acquired 50,000 worms to irrigate their waterlogged pitch. They all drowned.
315. In 1910, a man called Morton Norbury was killed after an argument over who had the most handsome moustache.
316. The structure of your brain changes every time you learn something new.
317. Married people experience lower levels of cancer, heart disease, depression and stress than single people.
318. The only lasting beauty is the beauty of the heart.
319. In 2007 The Pirate Bay attempted to buy their own country, Sealand, to attempt to gain immunity from various copyright acts.
320. People who tell white lies form stronger bonds with peers and become more integrated into social groups.
321. Heartbreak is actually linked to the feeling of withdrawal from a drug addiction.
322. In 2012, 146 girls in the US were named Khaleesi.
323. People who increase their water intake by 1-3 cups daily can decrease their total daily calorie intake by up to 205 calories, a study shows.
324. People tend to become silent when angry in order to prevent an argument.
325. A single lightning bolt produces enough energy to power a family home for a month.
326. Being ignored by an individual whose attention means the most to you triggers a reaction in the brain similar to physical pain.
327. Solitary confinement can cause brain damage so profound that it is comparable to a traumatic head injury.
328. Right now there are microscopic bugs living on your eyelashes.
329. People will hate you, rate you, break you, and shake you. How strong you stand is what makes you.
330. Rats laugh when you tickle them.
331. The Boy Scouts’ motto ‘Be prepared’ was originally followed by ‘to die for your country’.
332. Ants don’t have ears.
333. The average haul per robber for a bank raid is £12,706.60.
334. Someone with low self-esteem would rather be accepted for who they are than hear positive encouragements.
335. Each episode of the Simpsons takes 6 months to make.
336. You are more likely to be injured by a folding lawn chair than while riding a roller coaster.
337. The first T-shirt was aimed at bachelors who couldn’t sew on buttons.
338. The Red Arrows were originally known as the Red Pelicans.
339. It is illegal to refuse someone a glass of water in Arizona.
340. The cast of Riverdance have worn out 14,000 pairs of shoes.
341. Einstein’s brain was smaller than average.
342. Whenever you move your eyes quickly from one point to another, your perception of time stretches slightly backwards.
343. At any one time there are 100,000 ships at sea.
344. 1 in 3 children can use a tablet before they can speak.
345. Pubic hair has a life expectancy of about three weeks.
346. Ants get drunk and act silly, causing their friend-ants to throw them in puddles of water.
347. If struck directly on sand, the heat of a lightning bolt can turn it into glass!
348. DÃ©ja Vu occurs when your brain tries to apply a memory of a past situation to your current one, fails, and makes you feel like its happened.
349. Dehydration causes people to over think more frequently, however, being dehydrated also makes it more difficult to think clearly & positive.
350. People tend to perform better on their own at coming up with new ideas than in a brainstorming group.
351. The mortality rate for colonoscopies is about 20 per 100,000 procedures.
352. How many times did your heart beat today?
Over 100,000 times.
353. Rats can feel regret.
354. Horses always remember the people who have treated them well.
355. Logodiarrhoea means ‘talking too much’.
356. At horse race tracks, the favorite wins fewer than 30% of the time.
357. ‘Double cousins’ share all four grandparents. This happens when a pair of sisters marries a pair of brothers.
358. Nearly two-thirds of your weight comes from water.
359. In Beijing, two million people live underground.
360. You only use 35% of your brain when you are thinking hard.
361. The average Briton passes 32 takeaways between home and work.
362. When the first McDonald’s drive-through in Kuwait opened, the queue was seven miles long.
363. The number of active sweat glands you have is directly related to the temperature you experienced as a baby.
364. Sitting straight upright in your chair is bad for your back. You should instead slouch at an angle of 135 degrees.
365. Rats like to engage in tickle fights with each other.
366. DÃ©ja Vu occurs when your brain applies a memory of a similar situation to your current situation, making you think it has happened already.
367. In 2014, 700 were found in a single day.
368. Men are 6 times more likely to be struck by lightning than women.
369. Charlotte Brontë was the first person to use the terms ‘cottage-garden’, ‘raised eyebrow’, ‘Now, now!’, ‘kitchen chair’ and ‘Wild West’.
370. The teenage brain is wired to become addicted and depressed.
371. The real name of the rapper Aloe Blacc is Egbert Nathaniel Dawkins III.
372. The terms ‘Tory’, ‘Labour’ and ‘Prime Minister’ all began as insults.
373. Wrap rage is an actual condition when you feel extreme levels of anger and frustration because you are unable to open product packaging.
374. A female can produce up to twelve litters of twenty rats a year.
375. Your brain works twice as fast when you meet someone new.
376. Your brain creates enough electricity to power a lightbulb.
377. Whenever a pirate stopped a merchant ship, it was not uncommon for a handful of merchant crewmen to join the pirates.
378. There are virtually no differences in brain anatomy between people with autism and those without.
379. People are more likely to co-operate with you if you give them something warm to hold.
380. When you die your hair still grows for a couple of months.
381. 9 out of 10 lightning strike victims survive.
382. In the early 1970s, the code used by the U.S. Air Force to launch nuclear missiles was 00000000.
383. Lava lamps were invented by an accountant whose hobby was making underwater nudist films.
384. Those who watch cooking shows, follow the recipes, and cook often are more unhealthy than those who simply watch cooking shows.
385. A child only displaying redeye in one eye in a photograph, should be immediately checked for retinoblastoma, a cancer of the retina
386. In 1987, 25% of all mattress sales were waterbeds.
387. In 1916, New Jersey banned the Charleston because it was thought to cause broken shins.
388. Every year, around 3,000 people get bubonic plague.
389. Our brains have a negativity bias and will remember negative memories more than good ones. This helps us to better protect ourselves.
390. There are 177,147 ways to tie a tie.
391. Angry? Take a deep breath before you speak, because your mouth acts quicker than your brain.
392. Drinking too much water can kill you.
393. Daydreaming is good for your brain.
394. The thorny devil collects water that gets trapped between its horns on its back to drink.
395. In the average lifetime, a person will walk the equivalent of 5 times around the equator.
396. 252 people are born every minute.
397. People who are married may be more likely to survive heart surgery than people who are divorced, separated or widowed, a study reveals.
398. Drink a glass of ice cold water as soon as you wake up. It will boost your metabolism by up to 25%.
399. A grizzly can outrun a horse.
400. If you put your fingers in ice water immediately after painting your nails the paint will dry instantly.
401. Men whose initials have positive connotations, like LOV or WIN, live 41⁄2 years longer than those with negative ones, like BAD or PIG.
402. In the US, the rich live 5 years longer than the poor.
403. A few weeks later, he bought it back for $15,000.
404. Lifetime use of LSD is not associated with a higher rate of mental health problems or receiving mental health treatment, a study found.
405. Liverpudlians buy three times as many false eyelashes as the national average.
406. Take a picture of yourself when your hair looks good. Show it to the barber next time you get a haircut. Perfect hair every time
407. Wikipedia went online 14 years ago.
408. Party Hack: Put glow sticks in a cooler for easy drink grabbing without needing a flashlight.
409. The tobacco hornworm uses its terrible breath to fend off predators.
410. The average person can accurately track 3-4 moving objects at a time, while an avid action gamer can track 6-7.
411. Studies show that the diversity that immigration provides in the U.S. leads to wage growth and higher productivity in STEM fields.
412. Jim Fixx, the man who popularized jogging, died from a heart attack while running.
413. FOX owns the rights to the Simpsons until 2082
414. Only 1% of a tree is actually alive.
415. One in nine Honduran men will be murdered.
416. The average person can have 150 people in his or her social group; anything more is too much for an adult brain to process.
417. People with a rare genetic disorder known as ‘immigration delay disease’ have no fingerprints.
418. Farting can help reduce high blood pressure & is good for your health.
419. While women have smaller brains than men, women use their brains more efficiently.
420. When we scratch an itch, we inflict low-level pain on ourselves, which temporarily makes the itch go away.
421. Having at least one lazy day per week can help reduce stress, high blood pressure, stroke & heart disease.
422. Chemicals found in tap-water, can cause you to have learning defects. Stick to drinking bottled water unless you have filtered water.
423. The Pirate Bay tried buying their own island in hopes of making their own country with no copyright laws.
424. The hole in a guillotine through which you stick your neck is called a lunette.
425. The technical name for an ice-cream headache is sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia.
426. If a person is looking into your eyes for more than six seconds without blinking he/she either wants to kill you or get laid with you!
427. Orchids can get jet lag.
428. You can train yourself to forget memories that cause bad habits '“ It's called 'directed forgetting.'
429. All tardigrades live in water but none of them can swim.
430. 40% of bottled water is ordinary tap water, often with no additional treatment.
431. People suffering from borderline or moderate depression tend to have a more accurate interpretation of reality.
432. Taking cocaine increases the chance of having a heart attack within the hour by 2,400%.
433. Barry Manilow’s No. 1 hit ‘I Write the Songs’ wasn’t written by Barry Manilow.
434. ‘Empty’ was originally spelled emty.
435. The phrase 'rule of thumb' is derived from an old EngÂlish law that said you couldn't beat your wife with anyÂthing wider than your thumb.
436. Fat Man was the name of the bomb dropped on Hiroshima.
437. Taking the stairs one step at a time burns more calories than taking them two at a time.
438. Having sex uses the same number of calories as there are in one small meringue.
439. "This my last piece of gum" = I have a few more pieces left, but I do not wish to share them with you.
441. One pair of rats has the potential for 15,000 descendants in a year.
442. 4 out of the 5 richest counties in the US are in the DC Metropolitan area.
443. Being lonely is as bad for your health as smoking 15 cigarettes a day.
444. The age boys reach puberty has dropped by 21⁄2 months every decade since the mid-1700s.
445. Physical touch makes you healthier. Studies show that massages, hugs, and hand-holding reduces stress and boosts the immune system.
446. An adult eel can produce up to 600 volts, enough to stun a grown horse
447. A bite from a Russell’s pit viper can send the victim back through puberty.
448. Diet A four-letter word that often leads to deprivation, frustration and, ultimately, failure
449. Slowly blowing air over the pad of your thumb can slow down your heartbeat in times of stress or anxiety.
450. It’s impossible to get lost in a labyrinth: unlike mazes, labyrinths have only one possible route.
451. Salty and spicy snacks can be used as antidepressants. The pleasure centers in your brain make you crave them more.
452. A study found that employees in colder office temperatures made 44% more typing errors than those working in a 'comfortable' temperature.
453. A lully-prigger was an 18th-century thief who caught children and stole their clothing.
454. Elvis was naturally blond.
455. Watermelon can help relieve stress and anxiety, as well as keep you energized and boost your metabolism!
456. Whiskey" is a Gaelic word that means "water of life". Oh how true this is
457. Drinking cold water will help you lose weight naturally and speeds up your metabolism.
458. Being ignored causes the same chemical reaction in the brain as experiencing a physical injury.
459. ‘Viagra’ is a combination of ‘virility’ and ‘Niagara’.
460. WAL-MART generates $3,000,000.00 in revenues every 7 minutes.
461. A black, Nigerian couple living in the U.K. gave birth to a white, blonde, blue-eyed baby that they call the "miracle baby."
462. When you pee, a small amount of urine enters your mouth through the saliva glands.
463. Cuddling for 10-15 minutes each night can add 2-5 days to your life, strengthening the immune system and heart.
464. *rick ross grunt* - me when im about to do a perfect chemical titration
465. The crew of the Marie Celeste left 1,700 barrels of alcohol behind them.
466. Polo mints release light when you snap them.
467. A month after the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima, a typhoon hit the city killing another 2,000 people.
468. A rat can fall from a 5 story building without injuries.
469. Mice can’t see red light.
470. It only takes six minutes for the brain to react to alcohol.
471. People who hang out in the same group become more similar in their expressions of anger and gratitude over time.
472. By the time a glass of champagne goes flat, two million bubbles will have popped.
473. Until the 1970s, there were "ugly laws" that banned ugly people from being seen in public.
474. In 1990, there were no roundabouts in the US; today there are more than 3,000.
475. One-third of takeaway lamb curries contain meat other than lamb.
476. Walking for just one hour twice a week increases the size of the hippocampus, the brain area in charge of verbal memory and learning.
477. In some instances, darkness moves faster than light.
478. When the actress who played Samara, Daveigh Chase, saw "The Ring" in theaters, she had to cover her eyes out of fearâ€”of herself.
479. Studies suggest that unmade beds are healthier for us than neat and made beds - Bed bugs have a harder time surviving in messy beds.
480. If a person is looking into your eyes for more than 6 seconds without blinking he/she either wants to kill you or get laid with you!
481. The Radio Times is 12 days older than Nicholas Parsons.
482. You can ripen a sour mango by soaking it in warm water for 10 minutes.
483. Nicknames for stinging nettles include ‘the devil’s leaf ’ and ‘naughty man’s plaything’.
484. "Defenestration" is the act of throwing someone out a window.
485. When you're ignored by someone whose attention means the most to you, the reaction in the brain is similar to physical pain.
486. Studies have proven that praise rather than criticism is the best way to help employees improve.
487. Covering your mouth to yawn has several backgrounds, one being that many thought the soul was escaping and evil spirits were entering.
488. People with blue eyes have a higher alcohol tolerance.
489. Cannibalism in the UK is legal.
490. People eat less in subdued lighting.
491. The Persians invented horse-riding and trousers.
492. Tortoises can feel it if you touch their shells.
493. Iguanas fart underwater.
494. Heartbreak is actually linked to the feeling of withdrawal from an addiction.
495. Wamblecropt is a 17th-century word for ‘indigestion’.
496. In 1860, girls in the West reached puberty at 161⁄2. Now they get there before they’re 10.
497. The harder your brain works, the more your pupils dilate.
498. The Pirate Bay tried buying their own island.
499. Sometimes the eyes can say more than the mouth.
500. Finnair operates a daily flight 666 to HEL.
501. Attention whore Definitions include: a person who behaves in an exaggerated way simply to attract attention.
502. Three-quarters of Britons have a drawer at home full of miscellaneous junk.
503. Ladybirds can fly as fast as racehorses can run.
504. The naked mole rat is not a mole or a rat.
505. By practicing a lot, you can train your brain to read and write at the same time.
506. Your heart pumps about 2,000 gallons of blood each day.
507. A survey found that 23% of married or cohabitating couples slept separately on a regular basis, mostly due to snoring.
508. Real guns are allowed at both the Democratic and Republican National Conventions, but water guns are banned.
509. Missing someone often causes insomnia. The frustration of being without that person keeps you awake at night.
510. Time moves a bit faster 12 inches above the ground as opposed to at ground level - This means your feet are slightly younger than your head.
511. Shout out to everyone acting extra irrational at 9.26 and 53 seconds today!
512. ‘Bitch the pot’ was 19th-century slang for ‘pour the tea’.
513. Sitting in chairs can arouse women.
514. 85% people at some point in their life have tried to close the fridge slowly to see when the light goes out!
515. Weight gain causes a person's brain to lose control of behavioral inhibition, which causes them to eat more.
516. Nipple stimulation activates the same part of the brain as clitoral stimulation does.
517. Tipping the hat comes from the military salute, which in turn comes from men in armour lifting the visor to show their faces.
518. Most people walk 12 steps carrying a piece of litter before they drop it.
519. A horse named Tulsy Tsan was banned from entering a race because its name, when spelled backwards, is "Nasty slut".
520. Real guns are allowed at the Democratic and Republican national conventions, but water guns are banned.
521. The palms of your hands and the soles of your feet cannot tan or grow hair.
522. ‘Cheesy’ originally meant ‘excellent’.
523. The more wives a man has, the greater his risk of heart disease, according to a new study.
524. If you chew gum when you study a subject and then chew the same flavor when you the take the test it can actually help you remember.
525. The Empire State building gets hit by lightning about 25 times per year.
526. William Shatner sold his kidney stone to a website for $25,000.
527. ‘Sexpert’, ‘cushty’, ‘freebie’ ‘makeover’, ‘comfort zone’ and ‘dream team’ all date from the 1920s.
528. The first product to have a bar code was Wrigleys gum.
529. PokÃ©mon will celebrate its 20th anniversary in 2016.
530. Although Einstein was married twice, he had 10 mistresses and famously told his first wife to "expect neither intimacy nor fidelity."
531. You are more likely to believe a statement that is printed in bold.
532. Exposing areas of the brain with magnetic pulses can alter peoples morals.
533. Johnny Cash’s estate once refused permission for his hit ‘Ring of Fire’ to be used in a commercial for haemorrhoid cream.
534. The last film rented out by Blockbuster was the 2013 comedy This Is the End.
535. Taking a photo of something reduces your ability to remember it.
536. Using iTunes to build nuclear weapons is against the terms of service.
537. The original advertisement to recruit band members for the Village People read: ‘Macho types wanted: must have moustache’.
538. Mothers of twins have longer, healthier lives, according to a study.
539. Rather than flicking off a rude driver, give them a thumbs down'”it'll do a better job of making them feel ashamed.
540. More people use blue toothbrushes, than red ones.
541. The 10-spot ladybird has between 0 and 15 spots.
542. Drinking water improves your performance on tests.
543. It is illegal to race horses on the highway in Rhode Island.
544. A 2011 opinion poll found that 51% of Britons want the reinstatement of the death penalty.
545. Hookah is no healthier than cigarettes, and it includes more nicotine and tar.
546. Swear words are processed in a separate part of the brain from regular speech and they actually reduce pain.
547. Alcohol does NOT kill brain cells.
548. By peeing in the shower, you save about 1,157 gallons of water a year.
549. Duct tape was invented in 1942 for use by the U.S. Army as a waterproof sealing tape for ammunition boxes.
550. There are 450 hairs in an eyebrow
551. The annual awards ceremony of the UK porn industry is called the SHAFTAs.
552. Blondes have a higher level of estrogen than brunette women or red-haired women.
553. 99% of people in the country of Estonia have blue eyes.
554. There are 700 species of microbes living in your mouth.
555. Takng 30 minutes to shower, because you like to stand there, under the hot water, just thinking about life.
556. When it gets too hot, some cacti move underground to cool down.
557. To burn off 200 calories, you could chew gum for 18 hours, apply lip balm 1500 times, or sing a song 23 times.
558. Devil May Cry was originally intended to be a new chapter in the Resident Evil series.
559. The surname Cameron means ‘crooked mouth’.
560. An online dating survey revealed that those who use 'LMFAO' have a 193 percent increase in reply rate.
561. A 2012 study revealed that, across time, societies that permit polygamy have higher rates of violence, poverty and gender inequality.
562. John Constable was 39 when he sold his first landscape painting.
563. Missing someone causes insomnia like symptoms. The frustration of being without that person keeps you awake at night.
564. People aged 18-22 experience brain farts once or twice a week, while adults aged 65-75 experience twice as many.
565. Sir Ian McKellen claims that he would rather fight 100 Hobbit-sized Balrogs than 1 Balrog-sized Hobbit.
566. Your kitchen sink harbours 100,000 times more germs than your toilet bowl.
567. Our brains constantly predict what other people are about to say before they say it.
568. By peeing in the shower, you can save 1,157 gallons of water a year.
569. Whenever the king of Swaziland rises from his seat, he must be greeted with cheers and gasps of astonished admiration.
570. Pentheraphobia is a fear of a mother-in-law.
571. Being racist can be detrimental to your health.
572. DNA from identical twins will consistently melt at two different temperatures.
573. Having a high sense of purpose in life is linked to a lower risk of stroke and heart disease.
574. If you have a song stuck in your head, one of the best ways to get it out of your head is to chew gum, according to a study.
575. In life-threatening situations, about 75% of people are so rattled that they are unable to plot their escape or think clearly.
576. 2 F16 pilots went on a suicide mission to stop Flight 93 on 9/11.
577. 68% of professional hockey players have lost at least one tooth in a game.
578. In 2015, Coachella generated about 250 tons of trash.
579. ‘Chopsticks’ was written by a 16-year-old girl.
580. Chris Pratt was once homeless living in a tent.
581. When we make decisions, our brains create dopamine to make us feel good about them.
582. The daddy-long-legs flosses after meals by pulling each of its eight legs through its jaws.
583. Brown eyed people are judged to be more trustworthy than those with blue eyes.
584. When ur hair won't listen to you and its a mess and ur just like ????
I grew you myself???
I gave you life and this is how you repay me??
585. An actual horse has a peak power output of 14.9 horsepower.
586. Bryan Cranston was actually taught how to make meth by the DEA in preparation for his role in Breaking Bad.
587. Every leech has 18 testicles and two ovaries.
588. A "flibbertigibbet" is a frivolous and flighty person who is particularly talkative.
589. Gum stuck to clothes. Boil vinegar, and pour on gum. Use a brush to wipe off. Gum will come off instantly.
590. Your brain uses one fifth of a calorie per minute.
591. Blue eyes are the result of an ancient genetic mutation.
592. People who laugh a lot are healthier than those who don't.
593. Try this! Put a finger in your ear and scratch, the sound produced is exactly the same as you are playing Pacman.
594. A 15 to 20-minute daytime nap improves memory, increases alertness and reduces the risk of heart disease.
595. Over thinking things only slows down your brain and leads to depression.
596. A one-year-old baby is 30% fat.
597. A newborn baby sucks in air with 50 times the power of an adult.
598. One-third of first heart attacks are fatal, and another third result in permanent damage to the heart.
599. The brain treats rejection like physical pain.
600. The people who come running to hug you after you haven't seen them in awhile are my favorite type of people.
601. Dormice are not mice.
602. No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
603. Penis worms do not have heads (or penises).
604. Orthodox Jews can buy kosher sexual lubricants.
605. Conversesjukan is Swedish for foot problems caused by wearing trendy trainers.
606. Chewing the same flavor of gum that you chewed while studying is an effective memory aid.
607. You can get herpes in your eye.
608. White holes are the opposite of black holes â€” matter and light can escape from it, but nothing can enter it from the outside.
609. The longest bout of hiccups lasted 67 years.
610. The original BBC licence fee cost the equivalent of 50p.
611. If you get gum on your shoe, you should spray it with WD-40 and it should come right off.
612. Black holes are not black.
613. "Whiskey" is a Gaelic word and means "water of life."
614. Guinness isn’t black; it’s very dark red.
615. Our fingers get wrinkly in water because wrinkled fingers can give us stronger grip on slippery objects underwater
616. The expiration date on bottled water is for the bottle, not the water.
617. Houseflies younger than four days old don't react to light and therefore won't be attracted to your bug zapper
618. 59 of the 60 oldest living people are women.
619. The oldest you can be to go on a Club 18–30 holiday is 35.
620. A female rat can mate as many as 500 times with various males during a six-hour period.
621. Species of bat include the wrinkle-faced bat, the thumbless bat, the Antillean ghost-faced bat, the flower-faced bat and the big-eared woolly bat.
622. 7UP originally contained lithium citrate, a mood-stabilizing drug. It was in the product until 1950.
623. Pubic hair serves as an alert for potential mates that you are biologically prepared to procreate.
624. Recent studies have failed to find any link between lifetime use of psychedelic drugs and poor mental health.
625. Einstein was stopped so much in public, he would reply, "Pardon me, sorry! Always I am mistaken for Professor Einstein."
626. In 1981, there were 2,420 Britons over the age of 100. By 2012, there were 12,320.
627. Boiling water freezes faster than cold water.
628. By 2050, 70% of people will live in cities.
629. Forcing yourself to forget something only causes the brain to think about it even more.
630. Being physically fit improves overall concentration, memory and creativity.
631. Horses are known to masturbate by rubbing their genitals on posts and other objects.
632. 94% of terrorist campaigns fail to achieve a single one of their strategic goals.
633. People who remain calm in stressful situations tend to have higher rates of depression and obesity.
634. Breast fed babies score slightly higher on mental development tests than ones on formula
635. If everyone washed their hands properly with soap, it would save 600,000 lives a year.
636. When you sweat, your brain shrinks. When you drink your brain grows.
637. The least common PIN number is 8068.
638. It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
639. Recent studies have shown a 4-second awkward silence pause in conversation creates feelings of rejection in the brain.
640. The Red Baron’s final word was ‘kaput’.
641. 85% of Twitter’s content comes from 15% of users.
642. You can tell if someone is yawning from their eyes alone.
643. In 1999, two women were burnt down by a lightning strike when the underwire in their bras worked as an electrical conductors.
644. No one knows why we yawn.
645. Bacteria remain eternally young.
646. A report found that insults and slights are more offensive in settings where people are relatively equal and diverse to begin with.
647. Loneliness increases a person's risk of mortality by 26 percent, an effect comparable to the health risks posed by obesity.
648. If someone flashes their brights, it means there is a cop ahead. If they flick their lights on and off, it means your lights are off.
649. Women are up to 40% more likely than men to develop mental health problems.
650. God sometimes takes us into troubled waters not to drown us, but to cleanse us.
651. Childish Gambino was given his name using a Wu-Tang name generator.
652. A violin contains about 70 separate pieces of wood.
653. The letters used in "desperation" can be rearranged to spell "a rope ends it."
654. Studies have shown that the average person believes he or she will live a longer and healthier life than the average person.
655. Anorexia has the highest mortality rate of any psychological disorder â€” between 5% and 20% eventually die from it.
656. Hurricanes with female names are deadlier than ones named after men.
657. 2/3 of all illiterate adults are female.
658. Do you ever get like this random pain in your boob and it feels like heart attack or something.
Trending in Just For Fun
The Royal Navy uses blasts of Britney Spears’s ‘Oops! . . . I Did It Again’ to scare off Somali pirates.
1 in 10 Americans think HTML is a sexually transmitted disease.
51 Internet Facts
In 2011, the United Nations declared that access to the Internet is a basic human right.
32 Christmas Facts
‘Santa Claus Is Coming to Town’ was first sung in November 1934. By Christmas, it had sold 400,000 copies.
Nick Clegg once did community service for setting fire to a rare cactus collection while drunk on a school trip.
The Lego company was originally called Billund Maskinsnedkeri.
In 1552, Henry Pert died after shooting himself in the face with his own bow and arrow.
178 Sleep Facts
The average person in Coventry sleeps for 6 hours and 5 minutes a night.
Traffic lights were introduced 18 years before the car was invented.
44 Gold Facts
In 2011, Australia minted a giant ‘A$1 million’ gold coin. It weighed over a ton and used gold worth A$52 million.
Jerry Springer was born in Highgate Tube station.