Cool Fire Facts
1. Fire ants link together to form a living, unsinkable raft during floods.
2. Your home is ten times more likely to have a fire than be burglarized.
3. Bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers were all invented by women.
4. You can make fire from ice.
5. At the end of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, the credits say, 'No dragons were harmed in the making of this movie.'
6. After a 13-year-old girl fell asleep with her Samsung Galaxy S4 underneath her pillow, the phone ignited and set fire to her bedding.
7. If you want to access Pandora, Hulu or Netflix outside the United States, download the Chrome/Firefox extension called Mediahint
8. "Heavens Above Fireworks" is a company that turns your ashes into a firework after you die, so you can literally go out with a bang.
9. If you fire lasers at the brain of a fly, you can make it have sex with a ball of wax.
10. It’s impossible to set fire to a pool of petrol by throwing a lit cigarette into it.
11. Fireflies glow to mate, but as larvae they also glow to warn predators that they are poisonous.
12. 25% of all fires of unknown origin are rat-caused.
13. In Vietnam there is a steel bridge that is shaped like a dragon and shoots fire out of its mouth.
14. 4 out of 5 firefighters in the U.S. are overweight or obese, and about half of firefighters killed in the line of duty suffer heart attacks.
15. A documentary was made about a man who could "set things on fire with his hands."
16. Pierce Brosnan once worked with the circus as a fire eater.
17. A "Firenado" is a combination of a fire with a tornado.
18. In 2011, a pair of managers from Dominos set fire to a Papa Johns to boost their sales.
19. Nick Clegg once did community service for setting fire to a rare cactus collection while drunk on a school trip.
20. Fires that occur at home kill more Americans than all natural disasters combined
21. About 600 patients catch fire during surgery every year.
Trending in Just For Fun
The Royal Navy uses blasts of Britney Spears’s ‘Oops! . . . I Did It Again’ to scare off Somali pirates.
1 in 10 Americans think HTML is a sexually transmitted disease.
51 Internet Facts
In 2011, the United Nations declared that access to the Internet is a basic human right.
32 Christmas Facts
‘Santa Claus Is Coming to Town’ was first sung in November 1934. By Christmas, it had sold 400,000 copies.
Nick Clegg once did community service for setting fire to a rare cactus collection while drunk on a school trip.
The Lego company was originally called Billund Maskinsnedkeri.
In 1552, Henry Pert died after shooting himself in the face with his own bow and arrow.
178 Sleep Facts
The average person in Coventry sleeps for 6 hours and 5 minutes a night.
Traffic lights were introduced 18 years before the car was invented.
44 Gold Facts
In 2011, Australia minted a giant ‘A$1 million’ gold coin. It weighed over a ton and used gold worth A$52 million.
Jerry Springer was born in Highgate Tube station.