305 Cool Fun Facts
1. The air an average person inhales in a single day contain 1 liter of farts of people around him.
2. If your friend is too prideful to apologize for doing you wrong, that person is not your friend.
3. The average cost of raising a medium-sized dog to the age of eleven is $16,400.
4. More men are physically threatened online than women.
5. Listening to sad songs actually creates positive emotions.
6. A survey found that only 10% of single people want their wingman to be funny when approaching possible mates.
7. Sharing a common dislike for a person can bring two people closer & ultimately lead to a lengthy friendship.
8. That pleasurable tingling sensation in the head and scalp when someone whispers is called Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR).
9. According to a UK study, 72% of women prefer a man with a little excess flab, as opposed to a man with a more chiseled, fit physique.
10. Text messaging is now 20 years old.
11. It is illegal for a teacher to keep the class after the bell as punishment
12. Deipnophobia is the fear of dinner parties.
13. The word "algebra" comes from the Arabic "al-jebr," meaning "the reuniting of broken parts."
14. A "hemipygic" is a person who was born with with only one butt cheek.
15. Every day this week will be the same backwards:
16. Some scientists estimate that there are as many as 100,000 intelligent alien civilizations in our galaxy alone.
17. Inhaling helium from a balloon can kill you.
18. 'Yours, even though you're not mine'
19. Hugs help to relieve emotional stress.
20. The later you stay up at night, the more you eat.
21. If you feel tears coming on and need to hold them back, relax your jaw and refrain from blinking.
22. Apparently, the most arousing scent for men is a combination of lavender and pumpkin pie
23. There is no bra size requirement to work at Hooters.
24. Exercising for 15 minutes each day can extend the average person's lifespan by 3 years.
25. Smiling at old people to show them you're not a teenage thug.
26. Most teenagers are treated like children but expected to act like adults.
27. When life changes to be harder, change yourself to be stronger.
28. A pound of any combination of dimes, quarters, and half-dollars is worth $20.
29. Conservative people are more easily grossed out than liberals.
30. If you hold down CTRL + SHIFT then press the "T" button, it re-opens the tab you accidentally closed.
31. 35% of Saudi women in prison are there because no male relative will collect them.
32. How the hell do you do level 4 on exit zone!
33. Stasiphobia is the fear of standing or walking.
34. If you toss onions in the freezer 15 minutes before you cut them you won't tear up.
35. Lying to yourself about how you truly feel is heavily associated with depression. Not accepting the truth is what makes things harder.
36. Hardest question to answer: "Describe yourself?"
37. Sideburns were first called burnsides.
38. Enjoy life today, because yesterday is gone, and tomorrow is never promised.
39. The average man will spend 10 years of his life working, 3 years going to the bathroom and 4 years waiting in line.
40. do you have a pencil? cause I want to erase your past and write our future.
41. There are about 7 calories in one teaspoon of semen.
42. An ATM has just charged me Â£2 for a transaction but told me to cover my PIN to prevent me from being robbed. #irony
43. The first person that you think of in the morning is either the cause of your happiness, or the cause of your pain.
44. One mistake and everyone judges you.
45. Only 4% of babies are born on their actual due date.
46. In Afghanistan and Iraq it takes 250,000 bullets (three tons of ammunition) to kill each insurgent.
47. 80% of people spend their nights remembering past conversations, imagining what they should have said instead.
48. Making the bed is one of the quickest ways to achieve a sense of calm and order.
49. A 4-year-old asks an average of 437 questions a day
50. Spending a large amount of time with someone literally causes you to pick up their habits. Choose your friends wisely.
51. 159,635 people will die on the same day as you.
52. Oneirophobia is the fear of dreams.
53. idc if u dont like me, i dont need to be liked, lol
54. The long black ribbon round a funeral director’s top hat is called a weeper.
55. "Baby mops"are a one-piece outfit with built-in mops on the arms and legs that let your toddler clean the house while he/she crawls around.
56. People who are more intelligent tend to go to bed later and get up later.
57. Due to the uncertain future of the series, there have been four designated series finales of Futurama.
58. The opposite of ambidextrous is ambisinistrous, the trait of being clumsy with both hands.
59. A cat's ear has a total of thirty-two muscles
60. Baking soda whitens, freshens, and softens fabrics. Add 1/2 cup of baking soda along with your regular laundry detergent.
61. Jesse Pinkman was to be killed off at the end of the 1st season of Breaking Bad. This was changed due to his chemistry with Walter White.
62. In 2013, 20 baby girls were named "Kindle" in the U.S.
63. "Apodysophilia" is a feverish desire to strip and get naked in public.
64. People will judge you no matter what you do... so you might as well do what you want.
65. Southampton University scientists have found evidence that awareness can continue for at least several minutes after clinical death.
66. Continuum, a magazine devoted to the idea that AIDS is a conspiracy, went out of print in 2001 after all the editors died of AIDS.
67. A reptile called the tuatara has three functional eyes
68. You can have four to seven dreams in one night.
69. "Distracted walking" actually causes more injuries than distracted dancing.
70. Some Malaysians protect their babies from disease by bathing them in beer.
71. We fear rejection, want attention, crave affection, and dream of perfection.
72. The little boy who did the voice of Bambi grew to become the youngest drill instructor ever in the Marines.
73. The average person spends 3 years of their life in the bathroom.
74. The Wild Thornberries is playing on Nick right now. Excuse us...
75. There have been fewer than 40 cases of people born with tails.
76. Joining social groups where you learn something (like photography or quilting) preserves cognitive function and boosts brain power.
77. BeyoncÃ© can run a mile while singing, which helps her to perform on stage without becoming exhausted.
78. 'Be silly. Be honest. Be kind.'
79. For women, having more male friends than female friends reduces risk of stress, depression, drama
80. Those who suppress anger have a tendency to become violent after drinking.
81. Sometimes creating a little distance will help someone recognize how much you actually mean to them.
82. We change our voice when we talk to people we like.
83. There was once a 4,000 foot beaver dam in New Hampshire
84. The problem is not the problem - The problem is your attitude about the problem.
85. In many cases, relationships should have a second chance. The exception is cheating. Never take someone back who cheats.
86. More Falklands veterans have committed suicide since the war than were killed during it.
87. Strengths is the largest one syllable word.
88. The fastest growing nail is on the middle finger
89. According to a 2012 study, 1 in 20 drivers blame "Baby on Board" window stickers for obscuring vision and causing accidents.
90. Barnacles attach to a surface as soon as they are born, and stay there for life.
91. Condom use doesn't affect orgasm quality.
92. Divorce moves in clusters â€” friends who divorce increase the likelihood that their friends will divorce.
93. Dishabiliophobia is the fear of undressing in front of someone.
94. The greatest enemy of success is fear.
95. The greater the expectations placed on a person, the better they will do.
96. Women own about 40 percent of all businesses in the U. S.
97. Prospective employers will see you as more intelligent and capable simply by hearing the sound of your voice.
98. A person generally hates you for 3 reasons: 1) They want to be you. 2) They hate themselves. 3) They see you as a threat.
99. Successful relationships take hard work and two people who really want to be together.
100. In 2011, a woman tried to sell her two children on eBay and people had actually placed bids on them before it was taken down.
101. If you put a raisin in Champagne it will float from top to bottom continuously.
102. A true friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you today just the way you are.
103. Shy people tend to have great observational skills, making it easier to recognize the core of a problem.
104. The past is behind, learn from it.
The future is ahead, prepare for it.
The present is here, live it.
105. Cuddling helps people recover from physical wounds
106. Cheaters think that everyone cheats, and liars think that everyone lies. Keep this in mind.
107. The priciest omelette all over the globe is estimated to cost nearly $1000.
108. While dreaming, everything you see in that dream, you've actually seen before in real life.
109. Elijah Wood created his Lord of the Rings Frodo audition tape in his backyard with a homemade Hobbit costume.
110. "You make me feel so alive."
112. Best friends tend to have secret code names for people they dislike.
113. The state name "Idaho" is a made-up word that means nothing.
114. Pushing your partner and showing them more affection than they show you is one of the most common mistakes made in relationships.
115. Men would traditionally walk with a woman on his left arm, so his right hand could be free for his sword in case of a duel.
116. Our minds are always cataloging our memories and deciding what to keep and what to throw away.
117. Prolonged daily use of marijuana may speed up the onset of psychosis in predisposed individuals.
118. People who use "upspeak" (to make a statement sound like a question) tend to have superior empathy.
119. Lil Wayne was only 15 years old when he had his first kid
120. You have 3 choices in life. You can watch things happen, make things happen and wonder what the hell happened.
121. Women who have more male friends than female friends are less likely to experience anxiety and become depressed.
122. Good relationships don't just happen. It takes time, patience, and two people who truly want to be together.
123. Your 'funny bone' is actually a nerve.
124. Deep conversations with the right people are priceless.
125. Dating an awkward person is less stressful. You laugh more and have more fun which improves quality of life and overall health.
126. The first five Tarzan films made had no Tarzan calls in them because they were silent.
127. Al Qaeda has denounced ISIS for filming and broadcasting beheadings, claiming their tactics are "barbaric."
128. Depression can cause you to dream up to 3-4 times more than normal.
129. When Mitt Romney ran for Governor of Massachusetts in 2002, one of his campaign slogans was 'Mitt Happens.'
130. Cupcakes can be as addictive as cocaine.
131. More people work for Wal-Mart than live in Estonia.
132. A total of 272 people die in Breaking Bad.
133. People who swear a lot tend to be more honest, upfront, and loyal with their friends, partners and family.
134. A Dutch man fathered 82 children in 9 years.
135. A flea can jump 30,000 times without stopping!
136. ISIS utilizes "WhatsApp" to arrange and transfer donations to their cause.
137. Ransom payments made to kidnappers are tax deductible in the U.S.
138. A hyena laugh can be heard from three miles away.
139. Cutting down on too many calories can cause memory loss.
140. People with more selfies are happier with their lives overall.
141. Always under promise and over deliver. Most people tend to do the opposite
142. Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of an empty beer glass.
143. 20 percent of U.S. soldiers in Vietnam had become addicted to heroin during the Vietnam War.
144. Waiting is linked to depression. Time spent waiting for something that may never happen can be mentally painful
145. Your taste buds are replaced every 10 days.
146. Women tend to believe in the supernatural more than men and are twice as likely to consult a psychic.
147. People who regularly write in a journal tend to have better self-esteem, confidence and are better able to handle the stresses of life.
148. Just stay positive, it will get better.
149. Couples who spent less than $1,000 on their weddings were the least likely to divorce.
150. It is estimated that most people will have at least one lucid dream in their life.
151. If you're struggling, that means you're progressing.
152. 2013 is the first year after 1987 to have all 4 different digits, first time since the year 1432, it can be written with 4 consecutive nos!
153. Marrying your best friend eliminates the risk of divorce by over 78%. These marriages are the ones most likely to last a lifetime.
154. According to a survey, women are 3 times more attracted to a man wearing a suit and tie than shorts and a t-shirt.
155. You are 3 times more likely to get a computer virus from accessing a religious website than a porn website.
156. 20 percent of married people keep secrets from their spouse â€” some for over 25 years.
157. It would take 76 8-hour work days for the average person to read the Terms and Conditions they agree to in a year.
158. Children who were bullied by their brother or sister in their early teens are twice as likely to be depressed.
159. A man changed his name to Tim Pppppppprice just to make it difficult for telemarketers to pronounce.
160. Hugo Boss designed the Nazi uniforms.
161. I downloaded digit smash....biggest mistake of my life...
162. A new study suggests that marijuana increases positivity and reduces the negativity in emotional processing.
163. Answer To my last tweet is 6. In rows, the central circle equals half the sum of the nos in the other circles to the left and right.
164. The drug Cabergoline allows men to easily achieve multiple orgasms by inhibiting the hormone prolactin.
165. We don't meet people by accident, they are meant to cross our path for a reason.
166. Before he was famous, Paul Rudd was a bat-mitzvah disk jockey.
167. In a study following the lives of 19,000 kids for 10 years, video games had no negative effects on the children.
168. The sum of all the numbers on a roulette wheel is 666.
169. The song Jingle Bells was originally written for Thanksgiving.
170. The faster your walking speed, the longer you are likely to live.
171. Even the nicest people have their limits.
172. A study found that people literally sitting outside a box came up with more ideas than those sitting inside the box.
173. The word "impossible" has dropped in use by 50% over the last hundred years.
174. Thinking positively is actually harmful for some people and can lead to depression and anxiety.
175. Studies estimate that today's doctors spend just 12 to 17 percent of their day with patients.
176. Sneezing is the only thing that is capable of stopping all of the bodily functions, including the heartbeat.
177. Psychopaths can only think of the possible positive consequences of their actions, not the negative ones.
179. I was praying that you and me might end up together.
180. Everyone has experienced something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they once were
181. Laugh syncope is a condition where one laughs so hard that they pass out.
182. Hugging or holding hands with someone special can instantly reduce stress.
183. Most door open/close buttons are actually placebos that do nothing at all when pressed - Just there to give us a sense of control.
184. Some people have a "natural alarm clock" allowing them to wake up when they want - This is actually caused by a natural stress hormone.
185. Gossiping helps lower stress.
186. 'I destroyed what destroyed me: myself.'
187. According to a survey, 57% of married women sometimes regret marrying their husbands.
188. Two DD-cup boobs weigh about four pounds.
189. The lyrics in your favorite song express everything that you struggle to say or express to others.
190. 83% of single women say they would rather go on a fun, cheap date than splurge on an expensive one, according to a survey.
191. Every piece of plastic ever made still exists.
192. The oldest recipe in existence is a recipe for beer
193. While highly creative people may be more open-minded than average people, they also tend to be more arrogant.
194. The Mexican prairie dog dives head first into its burrow.
195. In the novel I Am Legend, the vampires fear crosses, garlic and mirrors, only because they think they should.
196. Studies have found that politicians are less trusting today than 40 years ago, but also less cynical.
197. Sometimes the bad things that happen in your life put you directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen.
198. Hugh Hefner has slept with over 2,000 women.
199. The only person you need to be better than is the person you were yesterday.
200. The highest-paid female CEO in the U.S. was born as a man.
201. NFL player arrests have been on the decline since 2006.
202. Studies show that people trust scientists, so doing things that make you appear scientific â€” like using graphs â€” makes you more trustworthy.
203. Even Al-Qaeda has denounced the actions of ISIS as anti-Islamic.
204. Your reflection in a spoon is upside-down because the photons bounce off the concave surface differently than a flat one.
205. There is a cat in a Rhode Island nursing home that was able to predict 50 patient deaths and would curl up in bed with them till they passed
206. Experienced bounty hunters can make more than $100,000 per year.
207. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
208. Sadness and depression are both contagious and can spread just as fast as the flu
209. Too much stress and high blood pressure can lead to a condition called "hematidrosis" in which a person sweats blood
210. Highly cynical people are more likely to develop dementia as they get older.
211. A study has found that a lower IQ is associated with greater and riskier drinking among young adult men.
212. All clams are born as males. A clam can change to become a female, but only once, and the change is irreversible.
213. 50 Cent got himself arrested in high school. He was found selling crack.
214. The best friendships tend to be with the people in which you can openly be weird with
215. Not everyone is meant to be in your future. Some people are just passing through to teach you lessons in life.
216. Chipotle uses about 97,000 pounds of avocado every day.
217. In 14 years of the TV show "PokÃ©mon," Ash Ketchum has never made it past the semi-finals of the PokÃ©mon League â€” but he has 52 badges.
218. Back in 1910, 10,000 people made a 380 mile road in Iowa in 60 minutes only.
219. People are so quick to judge others faults, but never quick to point out their own.
220. A group of otters is called a romp.
221. People who post more selfies tend to have shallow relationships with people.
222. Beaver testicles were once used to brew tea, it was believed to work as a contraceptive.
223. Remaining silent is one of the most effective ways to get information out of someone.
224. Women are more attracted to men who pay attention and remember details about them.
225. Fake friends are no different than shadows, they stick around during your brightest moments, but disappear during your darkest hours.
226. The Capybara is a 150 lb rodent!
227. A one-point increase in high school GPA corresponds to an average increase in annual earnings by 12-14%.
228. In 2012, more than 150 girls were named Khaleesi.
229. I play the same song over and over just because it reminds me of you.
230. Left-handed people usually die 3 years earlier than right-handed people.
231. People who wake up early are more likely to lie throughout the day.
232. Lewis Hawkins, a 54-year-old gang member, once had his mom drive him to an apartment so he could shoot someone.
233. 2015 is the worst year of my life so far.
234. Sometimes you have to do what's best for you and your life, not what's best for everyone else.
235. People with common names are more likely to be hired.
236. A new study has found that alcohol consumption tends to make spiritual people more violent.
237. A female "cock block" is called a "clam jam."
238. While sitting, enzymes that help break down fat drop by almost 90%.
239. In an average year in the UK, trousers cause twice as many accidents as chainsaws.
240. Babies have three times as many taste buds as adults.
241. 88.8% of people feel better after crying.
242. Wasps punish posers that play up their abilities.
243. Gemma Arterton has a rare psychological problem and has trouble seeing herself as hot.
244. Never be afraid of change. You may lose something good, but you may gain something even better
245. More than 99% of the gas in your farts is actually odorless.
246. Sprinkle some salt on your napkin coaster at the bar to avoid having your beer sticking to it every time.
247. Pistanthrophobia is the fear of trusting someone due to bad experiences in the past
248. Some people have a "natural alarm clock" helping them to wake up when they want -- This is actually caused by a stress hormone.
249. Long periods of silence is often attributed to over thinking. The quietest people tend to have the loudest minds
250. There is no scientific evidence that Neanderthals are our ancestors.
251. According to a survey, men can listen to a male friend for ages, but he can only listen to his girlfriend or spouse for six minutes.
252. If you do not have a gluten allergy or sensitivity, you can actually harm yourself by switching to a gluten-free diet.
253. People with socially awkward personalities tend to be more loyal to their friends and faithful when in a relationship.
254. An estimated 41 percent of transgender people have attempted suicide at some point in their lives.
255. A woman found her ex-boyfriend in her attic 12 years after breaking up with him.
256. People who walk at a quicker pace are generally seen as more confident and happier than those who walk at a slower pace.
257. According to a survey, men can listen to their male friends for ages, but he can only listen to his girlfriend or wife for six minutes.
258. The average child recognizes over 200 company logos by the time he enters first grade.
259. In online dating, if women mention dinner or drinks, they have a 73% chance of getting a reply from men.
261. James Earl Jones had a severe stutter as a child and refused to speak in school.
262. Dead people fart right after dying.
263. The last episode of Breaking Bad is #62 â€” the 62nd element on the Periodic Table, samarium, is used to treat lung cancer.
264. It is what it is. Accept it and move on.
265. The best friendships tend to be with people you can be openly weird and or sarcastic with, without that person taking offense.
266. In the 1970s some psychiatrists would give MDMA (molly) to patients to help discuss their emotions.
267. We stop and freeze when we want to hear something important because the sound we make as we move is distracting.
268. "Hakuna Matata" is a Swahili phrase that literally translates to "There are no worries"
269. Be with someone who brings out the best in you, not the stress in you.
270. "This morning I woke up with my wedding ring on. I buried the ring with my husband 5 years ago."
271. If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?
272. Goats have been used as torture devices.
273. Women with partners who have a great sense of humor enjoy more orgasms and stronger ones than women with serious or unfunny partners.
274. "Every little things is gonna be alright!"
275. Never compare yourself to someone else. The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday.
276. According to a study, you are more likely to keep mishearing a song lyric if the misheard version is funny.
277. Sound can affect taste. Higher frequency sounds make things taste more sweet, while low frequency sounds bring bitterness.
278. 25% of women have asymmetrical breasts.
279. Keep hoping and keep trying. You will get there in the end.
280. The way you dress determines the way people react to you.
281. Less than a day until 2015!
282. An iguana can hold its breath for 28 minutes
283. Adam Levine landed his first professional guitarist gig at age 12 â€” he was so nervous, he played with his back to the audience.
284. Neil Patrick Harris is not just an actor... He is also a magician.
285. Its funny how you can do nice things for people all the time and they never notice. But once you make one mistake, its never forgotten.
286. Never accept to be second to someone, when you can be first to someone else.
287. Consuming meat contributes more to global warming than any other activity.
288. Prescription drugs kill more people than heroin and cocaine combined.
289. Diddy used to clean toilets at a Mexican restaurant before becoming famous.
290. At Stalin’s funeral 500 people were trampled to death.
291. A blind man underwent surgery & regained his vision at 52. Being able to see terrified & confused him so much that he committed suicide
292. If you want to quit smoking, go to a sauna for 3 days in a row and youll sweat out the nicotine which will make it easier to quit
293. You can skip the trailers on a DVD by hitting STOP STOP PLAY on your remote control
294. People who are thoughtful and more aware of their surroundings use "like" more often in conversation.
295. After shaking hands, people unconsciously sniff their hands in order to better asses the other person.
296. RT if your Twitter just went down
297. Hugging and holding hands with someone special has been proven to instantly reduce stress.
298. Shout out to all the new couples still holding in farts.
299. Everyone dies. But not everyone really lives.
300. Creative people tend to be more arrogant.
301. Children with low intelligence are more likely to hold prejudiced attitudes as adults.
302. 'My only mistake was believing you.'
303. Ê‡ÇÇÊÊ‡ sÄ±É¥Ê‡ pÉÇá´š oÊ‡ ÇuoÉ¥d á´šnoÊŽ uá´šnÊ‡ oÊ‡ ÇÊŒÉÉ¥ Ê‡upÄ±p noÊŽ ÉŸÄ± Ê‡ÇÇÊÊ‡Çá´š
304. Seriously you will thank us
305. In the US, black people account for 42 percent of people killed by police who were not attacking when killed.
Trending in Just For Fun
The Royal Navy uses blasts of Britney Spears’s ‘Oops! . . . I Did It Again’ to scare off Somali pirates.
1 in 10 Americans think HTML is a sexually transmitted disease.
51 Internet Facts
In 2011, the United Nations declared that access to the Internet is a basic human right.
32 Christmas Facts
‘Santa Claus Is Coming to Town’ was first sung in November 1934. By Christmas, it had sold 400,000 copies.
Nick Clegg once did community service for setting fire to a rare cactus collection while drunk on a school trip.
The Lego company was originally called Billund Maskinsnedkeri.
In 1552, Henry Pert died after shooting himself in the face with his own bow and arrow.
Traffic lights were introduced 18 years before the car was invented.
Jerry Springer was born in Highgate Tube station.
Forest fires can be sparked by sunlight magnified by water on dried-out leaves.
Pregreening is creeping forward while waiting for a red light to change.