48 Top Ranked Google Facts
1. Google has to be a woman... It starts suggesting things before you can even finish your sentence
2. 92% people type things into 'Google' to see if they spelled them correctly
3. On average, Google has been acquiring 1 company a week since 2010.
4. 92% people type things into 'Google' to see if they spelled them correctly.
5. If you Google "zerg rush", Google will eat the search page.
6. The Mexican Drug Cartels made a combined estimate of $29 billion dollars in 2010 about the same as Google.
7. Google has acquired an average of one company every week since 2010.
8. If a website is blocked on your work/school internet, you can use Google translate as a proxy. Just copy/paste the URL into it
9. If you search for "askew" in Google, the window and search results will tilt slightly to the right.
10. Google will now let you use a USB security key to verify yourself instead of having a code sent to your phone.
11. Every day, 16% of the searches that occur are ones that Google has never seen before.
12. In 1997, Yahoo turned down the offer to acquire Google for only $1 million. Today Google is worth $250 billion.
13. According to its website, Google's mission is to organize the world's information and 'make it universally accessible and useful.'
14. Google was fined Â£400,000 in France for making Google Maps free.
15. Google employees are encouraged to use a fifth of their time at work on their own non-Google projects.
16. According to the Economist, the top 2012 Google searches worldwide were Whitney Houston and Gangnam Style.
17. Android users: after purchasing an app from Google Play, you can try it out for 15 minutes and "return" it for a refund.
18. 92% people type things into â€Googleâ€ to see if they spelled them correctly.
19. Google has found GPAs
20. You can see underwater sea life and coral reefs using Google Maps.
21. The 'Google Effect' is a cognitive bias - You are more likely to forget information that can easily be found using a search engine.
22. 30% of Google's employees are women.
23. At Googleplex, gay and lesbian employees are called "Gayglers."
24. 1 in 6 Google searches have never been searched for before.
25. You can use Google as a timer by typing "Set timer (x) minutes" into the search bar.
26. Google tried to sell itself for $1 million in 1999
27. If you search for "atari breakout" in Google Images, you can play the game.
28. If you search for "elgooG" on Google, it will take you to a Google website that is completely backwards.
29. When Google launched Android O.S, Steve Jobs thought Google was guilty of grand theft and said he would go thermonuclear war with them.
30. When shopping online, Google the promo codes before making a purchase. You can get anything, from free shipping to 25% off.
31. Google has plans to design an ingestible pill that detects the presence of malignant cells and other signs of disease.
32. Google intends to scan all known existing 130 million unique books by the end of the decade.
33. If you search for 241543903 in Google images, you will find a lot of pictures of people with their heads in the freezer.
34. If you use Google Chat on Gmail, try this easter egg: type "hahahaha", "lmao" or "lolololol"
35. Google and Yahoo both use goats to trim their lawns.
36. When you're finished with an essay, copy and paste it into Google Translate and listen to it. It's the easiest way to find mistakes.
37. Google takes over 200 factors into account before delivering you the best results to any query in a fraction of a second.
38. If you Google the word "gay," a rainbow will appear around your ears.
39. If you Google the words "zerg rush", Google will eat the search page.
40. Google has altered its search engine to demote sites offering illegal media downloads.
41. 15% of searches on Google each day have never been searched before.
42. New Google employees are called 'nooglers' and are given a propeller beanie hat to wear on their first Friday.
43. Google has found GPAs & test scores to be "worthless as criteria for hiring"
44. Google has found that GPAs and test scores are 'worthless as a criteria for hiring.'
45. If a website is blocked on your work/school internet, you can use Google translate as a proxy. Just copy/paste the URL into it.
46. Google makes around $929 per second.
47. A man from Google is working on technology that could let humans live to be 500 years old.
48. Every minute, 2 million searches are performed on Google.
Trending in Just For Fun
The Royal Navy uses blasts of Britney Spears’s ‘Oops! . . . I Did It Again’ to scare off Somali pirates.
1 in 10 Americans think HTML is a sexually transmitted disease.
51 Internet Facts
In 2011, the United Nations declared that access to the Internet is a basic human right.
32 Christmas Facts
‘Santa Claus Is Coming to Town’ was first sung in November 1934. By Christmas, it had sold 400,000 copies.
Nick Clegg once did community service for setting fire to a rare cactus collection while drunk on a school trip.
The Lego company was originally called Billund Maskinsnedkeri.
In 1552, Henry Pert died after shooting himself in the face with his own bow and arrow.
178 Sleep Facts
The average person in Coventry sleeps for 6 hours and 5 minutes a night.
Traffic lights were introduced 18 years before the car was invented.
44 Gold Facts
In 2011, Australia minted a giant ‘A$1 million’ gold coin. It weighed over a ton and used gold worth A$52 million.
Jerry Springer was born in Highgate Tube station.