Top Green Facts
1. Dr Seuss wrote Green Eggs and Ham to win a bet with his publisher that he couldn’t write a book using just 50 different words.
2. Samuel L. Jackson purposely requested his lightsaber to be purple so he could find himself among hundreds of green and blue sabers.
3. After WWII, the U.S. offered to buy the country of Greenland from Denmark for $100,000,000, but Denmark refused to sell.
4. Pregreening is creeping forward while waiting for a red light to change.
5. Green is typically not worn at Scottish weddings because it is the color of fairies and an omen of revenge.
6. Greenland sharks eat polar bears and reindeer and can live until 200 years old.
7. High school students perform better on tests if they are in a classroom with a view of a green landscape.
8. Green turtles migrate as far as 1600 miles away, but they always return to the same beach to nest.
9. Blood can turn green underwater.
10. When crying for help, call out specific people (eg. "you with the green shirt!"). It makes people more likely to act.
11. Greenhouse gases have caused an increase in ocean heat equaling the energy of an atomic bomb exploding every second for the last 100 years.
12. Drink green tea before bed to burn calories while sleeping. Green tea will also increase your metabolism.
13. High school students perform better on tests if they are in a classroom with a view of a green landscape, according to research.
14. 1 in every 5 people in Greenland attempts to kill themselves at some point in their lifetimes.
15. Drinking green tea before bed will allow your body to burn calories while sleeping. Green tea also increases your metabolism.
16. A study found people with lighter eye colors (blue, green, hazel, grey) have a higher alcohol tolerance.
17. Michael Cameron was a student of Greenbrier High School in 1998 who was suspended for wearing a Pepsi shirt on Coke day.
18. Greenland shark eats polar bears and reindeer and can live until 200 years.
19. The green cap on a bottle of Sriracha represents the stem of a fresh chili.
20. A female Green Spoonworm inhales the males through feeding tubes, who then spend their lives in her genital sac fertilizing eggs.
21. A snowflake that falls on a glacier in central Greenland can take 200,000 years to reach the sea.
22. One percent of Greenland's population lives in a single apartment building.
Trending in Just For Fun
The Royal Navy uses blasts of Britney Spears’s ‘Oops! . . . I Did It Again’ to scare off Somali pirates.
1 in 10 Americans think HTML is a sexually transmitted disease.
51 Internet Facts
In 2011, the United Nations declared that access to the Internet is a basic human right.
32 Christmas Facts
‘Santa Claus Is Coming to Town’ was first sung in November 1934. By Christmas, it had sold 400,000 copies.
Nick Clegg once did community service for setting fire to a rare cactus collection while drunk on a school trip.
The Lego company was originally called Billund Maskinsnedkeri.
In 1552, Henry Pert died after shooting himself in the face with his own bow and arrow.
178 Sleep Facts
The average person in Coventry sleeps for 6 hours and 5 minutes a night.
Traffic lights were introduced 18 years before the car was invented.
44 Gold Facts
In 2011, Australia minted a giant ‘A$1 million’ gold coin. It weighed over a ton and used gold worth A$52 million.
Jerry Springer was born in Highgate Tube station.