49 Fun Gross Facts
1. There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.
2. The sloth (a mammal) moves so slowly that green algae can grow undisturbed on its fur!
3. An average adult produces about half a liter of flatulent gas per day, resulting in an average of about fourteen occurrences of flatulence a day.
4. One in three male motorists picks their nose while driving.
5. The inventor of Vaseline ate a spoonful of the stuff every morning!
6. Most tropical marine fish could survive in a tank filled with human blood.
7. Ancient Romans at one time used human urine as an ingredient in their toothpaste.
8. More than 400,000 U.S. houses still lack indoor plumbing.
9. After eating, a housefly regurgitates its food and then eats it again!
10. A toothbrush within 6 feet of a toilet can get airborne bacteria from flushing.
11. Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin!
12. In Nepal, cow dung is used for medicinal purposes.
13. 15 percent of Americans secretly bite their toes.
14. Worms reportedly taste like bacon.
15. According to an age old custom, carrying a dead shrew in your pocket wards off rheumatism!
16. Famous billionaire Howard Hughes stored his own urine in large bottles.
17. All species of beetles are edible.
18. At one 'feeding', a mosquito can absorb one and a half times its own weight in blood.
19. Hyenas regularly eat the feces of other animals!
20. Babies who wear disposable diapers are five times more likely to develop diaper rash than those that wear cotton diapers.
21. Common pesticides such as roach, termite, and flea insecticide can be found in the bodies of majority of Americans.
22. Each year, there are more than 40,000 toilet related injuries in the United States.
23. The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria than a toilet.
24. Most lipstick contains fish scales!
25. On average, a disposable diaper can hold up to 7 pounds of liquid.
26. The U.S. military?s dried food rations can be re-hydrated with urine!
27. More than 40,000 parasites and 250 types of bacteria are exchanged during a typical French kiss!
28. Billy goats urinate on their own heads to smell more attractive to females.
29. The chemicals indole and skatole, which help to account for the particular smell of human feces, are used as ingredients in perfume!
30. City dwellers have longer, thicker, denser nose hairs than country folks do.
31. A hard working adult sweats up to 4 gallons per day. Most of the sweat evaporates before a person realizes it's there, though!
32. According to U.S. FDA standards, 1 cup of orange juice is allowed to contain 10 fruit fly eggs, but only 2 maggots.
33. In many countries, urine was used as a detergent for washing.
34. Over 70,000 different water contaminants have been identified.
35. Before toilet paper was invented, French royalty wiped their bottoms with fine linen.
36. Women end up digesting most of the lipstick they apply.
37. The best recorded distance for projectile vomiting is 27 feet.
38. In West Virginia if you run over an animal, you can legally take it home and cook it for dinner!
39. The famous aphrodisiac 'Spanish Fly' is made from dried beetle remains!
40. You inhale about 700,000 of your own skin flakes each day.
41. Most dust particles in your house come from dead skin.
42. Some toothpastes and deodorants contain the same chemicals found in antifreeze.
43. The Pacific island of Nauru?s economy is almost entirely based on bird droppings.
44. 23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their butts.
45. In ancient Japan, public contests were held to see who could fart the loudest and longest!
46. Every day, the average person swallows about a quart of mucous.
47. On average, half of all false teeth have some form of radioactivity.
48. A cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off - it dies from starvation!
49. Most liquid laundry detergents are alive with living organisms that help to break down stains!
Trending in Just For Fun
The Royal Navy uses blasts of Britney Spears’s ‘Oops! . . . I Did It Again’ to scare off Somali pirates.
1 in 10 Americans think HTML is a sexually transmitted disease.
51 Internet Facts
In 2011, the United Nations declared that access to the Internet is a basic human right.
32 Christmas Facts
‘Santa Claus Is Coming to Town’ was first sung in November 1934. By Christmas, it had sold 400,000 copies.
Nick Clegg once did community service for setting fire to a rare cactus collection while drunk on a school trip.
The Lego company was originally called Billund Maskinsnedkeri.
In 1552, Henry Pert died after shooting himself in the face with his own bow and arrow.
178 Sleep Facts
The average person in Coventry sleeps for 6 hours and 5 minutes a night.
Traffic lights were introduced 18 years before the car was invented.
44 Gold Facts
In 2011, Australia minted a giant ‘A$1 million’ gold coin. It weighed over a ton and used gold worth A$52 million.
Jerry Springer was born in Highgate Tube station.