Random Happiness Facts
1. Your happiness depends on you, not others.
2. Over thinking corrupts the mind, destroys happiness and creates problems that never even existed in the first place.
3. Apes experience dips in happiness in their middle age, much like people do.
4. The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.
5. Happiness is a choice, not a result. Nothing will make you happy until you choose to be happy.
6. The first person you think of in the morning or last person you think of in the night is either the cause of your happiness or your pain!
7. Happiness is increased when tangible goals like "making someone smile" are made.
8. Your outlook on life & what you choose to do with your life accounts for 40 percent of your happiness levels.
9. Happiness is the best revenge.
10. Your outlook on life and what you choose to do with it accounts for 40% of your happiness - This includes friendships and work.
11. Happiness is a by-product of the pursuit of success and meaningful goals, rather than successful accomplishments, studies suggest.
12. The key to happiness and success: Dream big, work hard, stay focused, and surround yourself with good people.
13. Happy International Day of Happiness!
14. Cuddling releases oxytocin, known as the "feel good" hormone. It increases happiness levels and relieves stress.
15. Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
16. Only 10 percent of your happiness comes from external circumstances.
17. The happiness in your life depends on the quality of your thoughts
18. The first person you think of in the morning or last person you think of in the night is either the cause of your happiness or your pain.
19. If you rely on others to make you happy, you will never be happy. Happiness is something only you are responsible for.
20. Good morning and night text messages trigger a chemical reaction in the brain associated with happiness and pleasure.
21. Over thinking corrupts the mind, destroys happiness and creates problems that never existed in the first place.
22. Your happiness has got nothing to do with the problems you face, it's how you choose to deal with them.
23. Happiness is instantly contagious; and you can easily become a happier person by simply surrounding yourself with others who are happy.
24. Studies show the key to happiness is spending your money on experiences rather than possessions.
Trending in Just For Fun
The Royal Navy uses blasts of Britney Spears’s ‘Oops! . . . I Did It Again’ to scare off Somali pirates.
1 in 10 Americans think HTML is a sexually transmitted disease.
51 Internet Facts
In 2011, the United Nations declared that access to the Internet is a basic human right.
32 Christmas Facts
‘Santa Claus Is Coming to Town’ was first sung in November 1934. By Christmas, it had sold 400,000 copies.
Nick Clegg once did community service for setting fire to a rare cactus collection while drunk on a school trip.
The Lego company was originally called Billund Maskinsnedkeri.
In 1552, Henry Pert died after shooting himself in the face with his own bow and arrow.
Traffic lights were introduced 18 years before the car was invented.
44 Gold Facts
In 2011, Australia minted a giant ‘A$1 million’ gold coin. It weighed over a ton and used gold worth A$52 million.
Jerry Springer was born in Highgate Tube station.
Forest fires can be sparked by sunlight magnified by water on dried-out leaves.