51 Awesome Internet Facts
1. Psychologists examined Internet trolls and found that they are "narcissistic, psychopathic, and sadistic".
2. At an airport and need wifi? Add "?.jpg" at the end of any URL to bypass the expensive wifi and access the Internet for free.
3. While searching for plane tickets online, delete your Internet cookies. Prices go up if you visit a site multiple times.
4. There are more Internet hosts in Manhattan than there are in the whole of Africa.
5. The Philippines has the slowest Internet speed in the entire Southeast Asian region with an average speed of 3.54 Mbps.
6. Stressage is a common internet slang term that best describes a text or message that causes you emotional pain and or stress.
7. 30 percent of all data transferred across the Internet is porn.
8. Studies found that people who spend a lot of time on the internet are more likely to be depressed, lonely and mentally unstable.
9. 1 in 10 passwords used on the Internet are either ‘Password’, or ‘123456’ or ‘12345678’.
10. Things that keep you up at night: loneliness, cold, heat, hunger, late night texting, memories, over thinking, worries, the internet.
11. In relationships where there is excessive Internet use by one partner, there is also more partner conflict, a study confirmed.
12. The average age when a child is first exposed to Internet pornography is 11.
13. 6% of all adult internet users are redditors.
14. An internet addict is someone who spends more than 6 hours a day online, not doing anything important, regularly for 3 or more months.
15. Internet spammers cost society $20 billion per year yet only make $200 million in revenue.
16. The easiest way to keep people from getting involved in your personal problems is to not post them on the internet.
17. 50% of Internet users will quit waiting for a video to load after 10 seconds.
18. IMDb is one of the oldest websites on the internet, and began on Usenet in 1990 as a list of "actresses with beautiful eyes."
19. The average Internet user goes online 34 times a day.
20. "LOL" used to mean "lots of love" before the Internet.
21. The world's population spends 500,000 hours a day typing Internet security codes.
22. The word ‘British’ is the most common word used by people in the UK searching the Internet for porn.
23. The US is in 10th place when it comes to national average internet speed.
24. Internet addiction will be classified as a real mental dissorder in 2013
25. "Stressage" is a common internet slang term that best describes a text or message that causes you emotional pain and or stress.
26. People who use the internet more often may become depressed faster.
27. Using the Internet can delete your brain power.
28. A recent study found that internet trolls are more likely to be sadists, psychopaths, and narcissists.
29. Spending too much time on the Internet can actually cause changes in the brain that mimic those caused by drug and alcohol dependence.
30. Nation-wide internet speed is slowing down due to the increasing traffic and old infrastructure.
31. If you spend over 6 hours a day online, not doing anything important, regularly for 3 or more months you are technically an internet addict.
32. 39% of Americans feel like they absolutely need to have access to the internet.
33. LOL used to mean "lots of love" before the Internet
34. Studies have found that the Internet makes your brain lazy.
35. Studies show that the Internet is making us lonely, depressed and possibly crazy.
36. Only 37.9% of humans have access to the Internet once a year or more.
37. At an airport and need wifi? Just add "?.jpg" at the end of any URL to bypass the expensive wifi and access the Internet for free.
38. Studies show that people who spend a lot of time on the internet are more likely to be depressed, lonely and mentally unstable.
39. In 2011, the United Nations declared that access to the Internet is a basic human right.
40. It is estimated that it would take 400 billion trees to print out the Internet.
41. 5-10% of internet users are actually unable to control how much time they spend online because of psychological addiction.
42. You can find high speed Internet on Mount Everest.
43. 63 percent of Americans have only one choice for a high-speed Internet provider.
44. Finland was the first country in the world to make high-speed Internet access a legal right.
45. The first thing ever to be sold on the Internet was marijuana.
46. About 50% of internet users will quit waiting for a video to load after 10 seconds.
47. It is predicted that by 2016, half of all television will be delivered by the Internet.
48. The biggest reason people share an internet meme is because it connects with them emotionally.
49. "MILF" is the most frequently searched porn term on the Internet in North America.
50. At an airport and need wifi? Just add "?.jpg" at the end of any URL to bypass the expensive wifi and access the Internet for free.
51. An Israeli computer scientist created an algorithm that predicts the future based on articles and tweets on the Internet.
Trending in Just For Fun
The Royal Navy uses blasts of Britney Spears’s ‘Oops! . . . I Did It Again’ to scare off Somali pirates.
1 in 10 Americans think HTML is a sexually transmitted disease.
51 Internet Facts
In 2011, the United Nations declared that access to the Internet is a basic human right.
32 Christmas Facts
‘Santa Claus Is Coming to Town’ was first sung in November 1934. By Christmas, it had sold 400,000 copies.
Nick Clegg once did community service for setting fire to a rare cactus collection while drunk on a school trip.
The Lego company was originally called Billund Maskinsnedkeri.
In 1552, Henry Pert died after shooting himself in the face with his own bow and arrow.
Traffic lights were introduced 18 years before the car was invented.
44 Gold Facts
In 2011, Australia minted a giant ‘A$1 million’ gold coin. It weighed over a ton and used gold worth A$52 million.
Jerry Springer was born in Highgate Tube station.
Forest fires can be sparked by sunlight magnified by water on dried-out leaves.