Fascinating Left Handed Facts
1. Almost 40% of the top tennis pros are left-handed.
2. Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people.
3. Left-handed people have an excellent ability to multi-task.
4. 4 of the 5 original designers of the Macintosh computer were left-handed.
5. Bill Gates is left handed.
6. More men are left handed than women.
7. Left-Hander's Day is August 13th.
8. The three candidates who ran in the 1992 U.S. presidential election, George Bush, Bill Clinton and Ross Perot were all left-handed.
9. Most left-handers draw figures facing to the right.
10. Left-handed people are better at sports that require good spatial judgment and fast reaction, compared to right-handed individuals.
11. More than 2,500 left handed people a year are killed from using products made for right handed people.
12. 88% of all humans are right handed.
13. Many famous people are identified as being left handed such as Leonardo Da Vinci, Ringo Starr, Isaac Newton, Alexander the Great, Joan of Arc, Ronald Reagan, Gerald Ford, Bill Clinton, Charlie Chaplin, Robert Redford and Tom Cruise.
14. There is a high tendency in twins for one to be left-handed.
15. Left-handers adjust more readily to seeing underwater.
16. It is said that most left handed people are deeper thinkers and more creative.
17. In the late l890's Left handed people got the nickname of southpaw.
18. It is thought to be bad luck to pass a drink to another person with your left-hand.
Trending in Just For Fun
The Royal Navy uses blasts of Britney Spears’s ‘Oops! . . . I Did It Again’ to scare off Somali pirates.
1 in 10 Americans think HTML is a sexually transmitted disease.
51 Internet Facts
In 2011, the United Nations declared that access to the Internet is a basic human right.
32 Christmas Facts
‘Santa Claus Is Coming to Town’ was first sung in November 1934. By Christmas, it had sold 400,000 copies.
Nick Clegg once did community service for setting fire to a rare cactus collection while drunk on a school trip.
The Lego company was originally called Billund Maskinsnedkeri.
In 1552, Henry Pert died after shooting himself in the face with his own bow and arrow.
178 Sleep Facts
The average person in Coventry sleeps for 6 hours and 5 minutes a night.
Traffic lights were introduced 18 years before the car was invented.
44 Gold Facts
In 2011, Australia minted a giant ‘A$1 million’ gold coin. It weighed over a ton and used gold worth A$52 million.
Jerry Springer was born in Highgate Tube station.