Cool Oxygen Facts
1. The Amazon rainforest produces more than 20% the world's oxygen supply.
2. Your brain uses between 20 - 25% of the oxygen your breathe
3. 70% of the oxygen we breathe is produced by the ocean.
4. At high altitudes, your blood absorbs less oxygen which causes a lack of mental sharpness.
5. Men have bigger noses than women because their bodies need more oxygen to feed their larger muscles, researchers say.
6. A fish can drown in water. Like humans, fish need oxygen, so if there isn't enough oxygen in the water, they will suffocate.
7. Each person breathes 8.5 million times per year, while all of humanity inhales 6 trillion kilograms of oxygen every year.
8. You can make your own water by mixing hydrogen and oxygen in a container and adding a spark.
9. The brain uses more than 25% of the oxygen used by the human body.
10. Yoshiro Nakamatsu, inventor of the floppy disk, believed lack of oxygen helped him think and nearly drowned himself coming up with ideas.
11. Your brain uses between 20 - 25% of the oxygen your breathe.
12. What if oxygen is poisonous and it just takes 75-100 years to kill us?
13. It requires seven to eight trees to provide enough oxygen for just one person per year.
14. If you were pushed from a spaceship without a suit, you would not die from cold or pressure, like in movies, but simply lack of Oxygen.
Trending in Just For Fun
The Royal Navy uses blasts of Britney Spears’s ‘Oops! . . . I Did It Again’ to scare off Somali pirates.
1 in 10 Americans think HTML is a sexually transmitted disease.
51 Internet Facts
In 2011, the United Nations declared that access to the Internet is a basic human right.
32 Christmas Facts
‘Santa Claus Is Coming to Town’ was first sung in November 1934. By Christmas, it had sold 400,000 copies.
Nick Clegg once did community service for setting fire to a rare cactus collection while drunk on a school trip.
The Lego company was originally called Billund Maskinsnedkeri.
In 1552, Henry Pert died after shooting himself in the face with his own bow and arrow.
178 Sleep Facts
The average person in Coventry sleeps for 6 hours and 5 minutes a night.
Traffic lights were introduced 18 years before the car was invented.
44 Gold Facts
In 2011, Australia minted a giant ‘A$1 million’ gold coin. It weighed over a ton and used gold worth A$52 million.
Jerry Springer was born in Highgate Tube station.