75 Interesting Phone Facts
1. Shia LaBeouf found an agent through the phone book at the age of 11.
2. The drug cartels are capturing technicians and making them build a private cell phone network.
3. The average mobile phone contains more bacteria than a toilet seat.
4. When letting someone use your iPhone to call someone, use Siri from the lock screen. They can call, but not look at texts/photos etc.
5. A study found that cell phone radiation can cause insomnia, headaches and confusion.
6. iPhone full of trap music and nature sounds
7. The average person talks at least 3 times louder than normal on a cell phone.
Definition: Indistructable tank of a phone.
Sentence: Mike dropped his nokia and broke the ground.
9. The inventor of the speaker phone, call forwarding and conference calling, died penniless and mostly unknown.
10. Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times
11. How to play Hop Hop Ninja:
2. lose 200 times in a row
4. throw phone across room
12. 1 in 10 people have dropped their phone down a toilet.
13. According to one study, long-term mobile phone use significantly increases the risk of brain tumours.
14. iPhones are designed to last just a few years, then they break down and work slower.
15. 70% of people feel incomplete & vulnerable while without their cell phone.
16. 95% of people have dropped their phones on their face while texting in bed
17. 88% of people say they use their cellphones simply to avoid others walking by them.
18. someoneelsie the result of your mum trying to take a selfie and not knowing which way to hold the phone.
19. If you were to lick clean a smudgy iPhone screen, the contents of what makes up your fingerprints would provide you with about 2 calories.
20. Daydreaming is the most common cause of driving accidents due to distraction, not people using their cellphones.
21. The electronic personal assistant that comes with Windows phones is named Cortana, after the AI character in Halo.
22. Digit smash makes me want to throw my phone against a wall
23. People who hold their cell phones in their right hand are left-brain dominant, and vice-versa.
24. Parking your car somewhere unfamiliar? Drop a pin on your phones maps as soon as you get there and you'll have no problem getting back.
25. The average person in the States looks at their phone 250 times a day.
26. Even though there is nothing bad on my phone
you cannot look at it.
27. Many people who received their pre-ordered iPhone 6 Plus sold it on eBay for as high as $6,000.
28. Alexander Graham Bell refused to have a phone in his study because the ringing drove him nuts.
29. Listening to loud music interferes with your vision. This is why we usually take our headphones out to look at something far away.
30. iPhone pictures will be better quality if you take the picture and then zoom in instead of zooming in to take the picture.
31. About 68% of people experience "phantom vibration syndrome" where you mistakenly think your phone is buzzing in your pocket.
32. 68% of people in one study experienced "phantom vibration syndrome"â€”a sensory hallucination where you mistakenly think your phone is buzzing
33. If your phone freezes, plug it into a charger. This will free it up again.
34. The Cobra iPhone Radar Detector allows a driver to speed while looking at their iPhone, therefore breaking several laws at once.
35. More than 90% of students admit to using their phones for non-class activities during class time.
36. Cubans were prohibited from owning cell phones until 2008.
37. More people have mobile subscriptions (mobile phone access) than have access to safe drinking water and electricity in the world.
38. Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
39. People pace while talking on the phone because they don't have any visual feedback to keep them stimulated, so the body reacts by moving.
40. Suspect someone's giving you the wrong phone number? Read it back to them incorrectly -- If they correct you, it's the real number.
41. When picking a stranger to take a picture of you, make it someone you believe you can outrun. This will avoid a stolen camera/phone.
42. When you talk on a cell phone while driving you are increasing your chance of being in an accident by 400 percent.
43. An electroencephalophone is an instrument that is played with your brain waves.
44. If you were to have purchased an iPhone piece-by-piece in 1991, it would have cost you a total of $3.56 million.
45. A company called Neurowear is developing headphones that read your brainwaves and select music based on your state of mind.
46. A study found that drivers under 25 years old are 4.12 times more likely to use a cell phone than older drivers.
47. Hang out with people who make you forget to look at your phone.
48. According to a study, female drivers are 1.63 times more likely to use a cell phone while driving than male motorists.
49. In a lifetime, the average person spends eighteen months on the telephone
50. iPhones are designed to last only a few years, then they break down and work slower.
51. How to play happy birthday on your phone.
52. One in four people can compose a text-message without looking at their cellphone
53. Engineers have made bionic hands controllable by an iPhone app.
54. It takes up to 27 seconds to regain full attention after issuing voice commands to cellphone assistants and in-vehicle infotainment systems.
55. The first mobile phones cost $3,300 USD each and had a battery life of about 20 minutes.
56. Dr. Dre has made more money selling headphones than he did making music.
57. In an ongoing study, the sound of someone vomiting was ranked the #1 most cringe-worthy sound ever. Microphone feedback was ranked #2.
58. iPhone 4 ran into trouble after it reported disconnected calls when holding their phones in a certain way. This became known as Antennagate
59. The world’s most expensive phone number is 666-6666. It was sold in 2006 for £1.5 million.
60. If you dial 3-3-2-3-9-3 on a touchtone phone you get the theme from Power Rangers.
61. People ages 18-29 are the most likely to use their phones to avoid being bored or avoid others around them, according to a survey.
62. 4.8 billion people own mobile phones whereas only 4.2 billion own a toothbrush.
63. Motorists who talk on cell phones are more impaired than drunk drivers with blood-alcohol levels exceeding .08.
64. Place headphones in your nose and play music, your mouth will turn into a speaker.
65. 'Beats" by Dre headphones, which can sell for as much as $450, only cost about $14 to produce.
66. An iPhone app (BAC Alcohol Calculator) can tell you exactly how drunk you are after entering your weight and type of beverage.
67. Want to make sure you wake up in the morning? The Snooze App for iphone will donate to charity each time you hit the snooze button!
68. An iPhone 6 will charge faster when plugged into an iPad charger.
69. Bell's first words with the working telephone were spoken to his assistant Watson and were along the lines of 'Mr Watson, come here. I want to see you'.
70. Female college students spend an average of 10 hours a day on their cellphones.
71. how to fail all your classes: download high and dry on your phone
72. If you put glow in the dark paint on your phone charger, you will never fumble in the dark again.
73. There is an iPhone film festival dedicated to movies made on iPhones.
74. The average person spends about 2 years on the phone in a lifetime.
75. Studies show people are most truthful in face-to-face conversations and lie the most over the phone.
Trending in Just For Fun
The Royal Navy uses blasts of Britney Spears’s ‘Oops! . . . I Did It Again’ to scare off Somali pirates.
1 in 10 Americans think HTML is a sexually transmitted disease.
51 Internet Facts
In 2011, the United Nations declared that access to the Internet is a basic human right.
32 Christmas Facts
‘Santa Claus Is Coming to Town’ was first sung in November 1934. By Christmas, it had sold 400,000 copies.
The Lego company was originally called Billund Maskinsnedkeri.
In 1552, Henry Pert died after shooting himself in the face with his own bow and arrow.
Traffic lights were introduced 18 years before the car was invented.
44 Gold Facts
In 2011, Australia minted a giant ‘A$1 million’ gold coin. It weighed over a ton and used gold worth A$52 million.
Jerry Springer was born in Highgate Tube station.
Forest fires can be sparked by sunlight magnified by water on dried-out leaves.
Pregreening is creeping forward while waiting for a red light to change.
In 20860, the Islamic and Christian calendars will finally agree.