Random Plane Facts
1. why can't plane tickets be like 10 dollars
2. In 1951, after his plane crashed into the ocean, Clint Eastwood swam 3 miles to safety (along with his pilot).
3. More people are killed by donkeys annually than are killed in plane crashes.
4. For the past 15 years, the U.S. government has provided a plane to guide endangered whooping cranes on their yearly migration.
5. The Bermuda Triangle has as many ship and plane disappearances as any other region of the ocean.
6. The odds of dying in a car accident are 1 in 5000. Odds of dying in a plane crash are 1 in 11 million.
7. Even if you are involved in a plane crash, statistically you have a 76% chance of survival.
8. Purchasing plane tickets while your browser is in Incognito mode will lower the prices
9. Jerrie Mock was the first woman to fly a plane solo around the world--she disliked the spotlight so much, hardly anyone knew about it.
10. The chances of surviving a plane crash are 95.7%.
11. More people are killed from donkeys in a year than planes
12. More US Air Force pilots are training to fly drones than are training to fly planes.
Trending in Just For Fun
The Royal Navy uses blasts of Britney Spears’s ‘Oops! . . . I Did It Again’ to scare off Somali pirates.
1 in 10 Americans think HTML is a sexually transmitted disease.
32 Christmas Facts
‘Santa Claus Is Coming to Town’ was first sung in November 1934. By Christmas, it had sold 400,000 copies.
Nick Clegg once did community service for setting fire to a rare cactus collection while drunk on a school trip.
The Lego company was originally called Billund Maskinsnedkeri.
In 1552, Henry Pert died after shooting himself in the face with his own bow and arrow.
178 Sleep Facts
The average person in Coventry sleeps for 6 hours and 5 minutes a night.
Traffic lights were introduced 18 years before the car was invented.
44 Gold Facts
In 2011, Australia minted a giant ‘A$1 million’ gold coin. It weighed over a ton and used gold worth A$52 million.
Jerry Springer was born in Highgate Tube station.
Forest fires can be sparked by sunlight magnified by water on dried-out leaves.