Impressive Pollution Facts
1. Walt Disney World generates about 120,000 pounds of garbage every day.
2. The average car produces a pound of pollution every 25 miles!
3. Air pollution kills over 2 million people every year.
4. One gallon of used motor oil can ruin approximately one million gallons of fresh water!
5. Use of less fertilizer at precisely the right times can cut costs by up to 17 percent for farmers in developing countries and reduce damage to the environment.
6. The average car produces a pound of pollution every 25 miles.
7. The average home creates more pollution than does the average car.
8. The average American uses eight times as much fuel energy as an average person anywhere else in the world.
9. If emissions of carbon dioxide were halted today, it would take more than a century for the atmospheric level of carbon dioxide to approach its pre-industrial level.
10. Using a petrol-driven lawnmower for one hour produces as much air pollution as a 100-mile car trip.
11. A new study suggests that prolonged exposure to air pollution may shrink the human brain.
12. It would take twenty new mid-size cars to generate the same amount of pollution that a mid-size 1960's car did.
13. Every year, air pollution kills more than 2 million people.
Trending in Just For Fun
The Royal Navy uses blasts of Britney Spears’s ‘Oops! . . . I Did It Again’ to scare off Somali pirates.
1 in 10 Americans think HTML is a sexually transmitted disease.
51 Internet Facts
In 2011, the United Nations declared that access to the Internet is a basic human right.
32 Christmas Facts
‘Santa Claus Is Coming to Town’ was first sung in November 1934. By Christmas, it had sold 400,000 copies.
Nick Clegg once did community service for setting fire to a rare cactus collection while drunk on a school trip.
The Lego company was originally called Billund Maskinsnedkeri.
In 1552, Henry Pert died after shooting himself in the face with his own bow and arrow.
178 Sleep Facts
The average person in Coventry sleeps for 6 hours and 5 minutes a night.
Traffic lights were introduced 18 years before the car was invented.
44 Gold Facts
In 2011, Australia minted a giant ‘A$1 million’ gold coin. It weighed over a ton and used gold worth A$52 million.
Jerry Springer was born in Highgate Tube station.