Fun Student Facts
1. Students who eat a complete breakfast (as well as eat more berries) tend to get higher grades in school than students who do not.
2. Students today spend more time doing homework than ever in recorded history.
3. A Canadian university has built a "Puppy Room" in its campus, where students can go and play with puppies to relieve stress and tension.
4. Students who study with text in difficult-to-read fonts like Comic Sans get better grades.
5. Students who chew gum have better math test scores than those who do not, a study found.
6. Michelangelo was hit in the nose as a teenager by Pietro Torrigiano, a fellow art student at an art academy in Florence. The incident left him with a permanently crooked nose.
7. Students today spend more time on homework than ever in recorded history.
8. Female students in China outperform men to such an extent that some universities have introduced a male quota.
9. Our student section decided to storm the court....after every basket. They got kicked out after our 6th point." -NSHA
10. Students who do their homework by themselves instead of constantly asking for help get higher scores on tests, according to a study.
11. Students with standing desks are more attentive than their seated counterparts, according to a study.
12. LSD was legal for decades, was given to undergraduate psychiatry students as part of their education and was used to treat alcoholism.
Trending in Just For Fun
The Royal Navy uses blasts of Britney Spears’s ‘Oops! . . . I Did It Again’ to scare off Somali pirates.
1 in 10 Americans think HTML is a sexually transmitted disease.
51 Internet Facts
In 2011, the United Nations declared that access to the Internet is a basic human right.
32 Christmas Facts
‘Santa Claus Is Coming to Town’ was first sung in November 1934. By Christmas, it had sold 400,000 copies.
Nick Clegg once did community service for setting fire to a rare cactus collection while drunk on a school trip.
The Lego company was originally called Billund Maskinsnedkeri.
In 1552, Henry Pert died after shooting himself in the face with his own bow and arrow.
178 Sleep Facts
The average person in Coventry sleeps for 6 hours and 5 minutes a night.
Traffic lights were introduced 18 years before the car was invented.
44 Gold Facts
In 2011, Australia minted a giant ‘A$1 million’ gold coin. It weighed over a ton and used gold worth A$52 million.
Jerry Springer was born in Highgate Tube station.