Impressive Travel Facts
1. A new study shows that orangutans plan travel routes ahead of time and share them with others before leaving, much like humans.
2. Pain travels at a speed of 3,000 feet per second.
3. If a car is travelling at 55 miles per hour it will travel 56 feet before the driver can shift his foot from the accelerator to the brake.
4. The average person walks 639 miles per yearâ€”to travel that in a car would cost about $308.49.
5. A sneeze travels out of your mouth at more than 100 mph
6. If you sneeze while driving at 60 mph, you may travel 50 feet with your eyes closed, according to a study.
7. Farts tend to travel at an average speed of 7 mph. #veryinterestingfact
8. Only two people at KFC know the secret recipe of 11 herbs & spices and they are not allowed to travel together for security reasons.
9. The fastest human made object is the Helios 2 space probe launched in 1976, and it is travelling at 43 miles a second.
10. Light travels 18 million times faster than rain.
11. Pain travels through the body at 350 feet per second.
12. New Horizons is the fastest spacecraft ever launched, traveling up to 10 miles per second.
13. Prince Charles and Prince William never travel on the same airplane as a precaution!
14. Traveling is good for you it promotes brain health and decreases your risk of heart attack and depression.
15. On an average day, sloths will travel about 41 yards.
16. The most commonly forgotten item for travelers is their toothbrush.
17. 9/11 caused an extra 1600 people to die in automobile accidents, after they switched their travel plans from flying to driving.
18. There is a travel agency that takes your stuffed animals on vacations around the world.
19. Some species of eels travel up to 4,000 miles to breed, a journey which can take up to seven months.
20. Travel. As much as you can. As far as you can. As long as you can. Life's not meant to be lived in one place.
21. Sound travels nearly 5 times faster underwater than it does in the air.
22. The popped cork from a champagne bottle travels as fast as 60 miles per hour and can cause some serious damage.
23. Traveling is good for you - it promotes brain health and decreases your risk of heart attack and depression.
24. Tsunamis ( tidal waves ) travel as fast as jet planes.
25. Mackinac Island, MI has banned motorized vehicles for over a hundred years. Most travel by horse-drawn carriages or bikes.
26. Sea horses mate for life, are completely faithful and travel together by holding on to each others tails.
27. On a bicycle, you can travel three times faster than you can walk, for the same amount of energy.
28. Some shrews are small enough to travel through tunnels made by worms
29. People who tweet while traveling are more likely to use happy terms like 'lol' and 'haha' with more frequency than others, a study found.
Trending in Just For Fun
The Royal Navy uses blasts of Britney Spears’s ‘Oops! . . . I Did It Again’ to scare off Somali pirates.
1 in 10 Americans think HTML is a sexually transmitted disease.
51 Internet Facts
In 2011, the United Nations declared that access to the Internet is a basic human right.
32 Christmas Facts
‘Santa Claus Is Coming to Town’ was first sung in November 1934. By Christmas, it had sold 400,000 copies.
Nick Clegg once did community service for setting fire to a rare cactus collection while drunk on a school trip.
The Lego company was originally called Billund Maskinsnedkeri.
In 1552, Henry Pert died after shooting himself in the face with his own bow and arrow.
178 Sleep Facts
The average person in Coventry sleeps for 6 hours and 5 minutes a night.
Traffic lights were introduced 18 years before the car was invented.
44 Gold Facts
In 2011, Australia minted a giant ‘A$1 million’ gold coin. It weighed over a ton and used gold worth A$52 million.
Jerry Springer was born in Highgate Tube station.