Awesome Writing Facts
1. Writing down your negative thoughts and tossing them in the garbage can actually help to erase your bad mood.
2. Take notes on your professors political ideologies and use this to your advantage when writing essays
3. Feeling down? Writing down negative thoughts and tossing them in a trash can is a psychological trick that can improve your mood
4. Thomas Jefferson invented the swivel chair and sat on the first one while writing much of the Declaration of Independence.
5. Drinking moderate amounts of alcohol before writing can actually enhance your creativity.
6. Studies have suggested that gifted people often have bad handwriting because their brains are working faster than their hands.
7. Your brain is constantly rewriting and editing your memories.
8. Writing out what you're thankful for decreases levels of stress.
9. Writing down your feelings is proven to help speed the healing of physical wounds.
10. The word 'photography' means 'writing with light.'
11. Linguistics have concluded that using abbreviations and slang in texts and emails can ruin grammar and cut down writing skills.
12. Writing goals down will significantly improve your optimism even six months later, and raises your success rates significantly.
13. When Dr. Seuss was stuck writing his books, he would go to a secret closet filled with hundreds of hats and wear them till the words came.
14. Writing something out is equivalent to reading it 7 times; a good tip to know when studying.
15. Texting may cause writing skills to diminish.
16. Writing down your emotions has concrete health benefits - Studies have found that expressive writing helps physical wounds heal, as well.
17. Writing down negative thoughts and tossing them in a trash can is a psychological trick that can improve your mood.
18. Thomas Jefferson invented the swivel chair and sat on the first one while writing much of the Declaration of Independence
19. Meghan Trainor began writing original songs at age 11.
Trending in Just For Fun
The Royal Navy uses blasts of Britney Spears’s ‘Oops! . . . I Did It Again’ to scare off Somali pirates.
1 in 10 Americans think HTML is a sexually transmitted disease.
51 Internet Facts
In 2011, the United Nations declared that access to the Internet is a basic human right.
32 Christmas Facts
‘Santa Claus Is Coming to Town’ was first sung in November 1934. By Christmas, it had sold 400,000 copies.
Nick Clegg once did community service for setting fire to a rare cactus collection while drunk on a school trip.
The Lego company was originally called Billund Maskinsnedkeri.
In 1552, Henry Pert died after shooting himself in the face with his own bow and arrow.
178 Sleep Facts
The average person in Coventry sleeps for 6 hours and 5 minutes a night.
Traffic lights were introduced 18 years before the car was invented.
44 Gold Facts
In 2011, Australia minted a giant ‘A$1 million’ gold coin. It weighed over a ton and used gold worth A$52 million.
Jerry Springer was born in Highgate Tube station.