Fun Amazon Facts
1. Amazon is nearly 20 years into the business and continues to barely break even in finances.
2. Unused iPod Classics are going for more than $500 on Amazon.
3. You can buy a UFO detector from Amazon for $94.95.
4. Amazon uses tiny robots in their warehouses that search for items, collect them and bring them to the shipping station.
5. An undercover investigation concluded that Amazon warehouse workers are at higher risk of mental and physical illness.
6. Amazon offers its employees up to US$5,000 to quit their jobs â€“ They do this to ensure that their employees really want to work there.
7. The Amazon "pickers" that find your order in the warehouse walk about 13 miles in one 10-hour shift.
8. The CIA uses Amazon Cloud Services.
9. If you buy something on Amazon and the price goes down within 30 days, you can email them and they will refund how much the price went down.
10. You can buy canned Unicorn meat on Amazon for $10.99!
11. A man once ordered a TV on Amazon, but got a semi-automatic assault rifle instead.
Trending in Landmarks
Statue of Liberty Facts
During its restoration in 1982, the Statue of Liberty’s head was accidentally installed two feet off-centre.
The first ever webcam was in the computer lab at Cambridge University. It was trained on the coffee pot in the corridor to save the scientists making pointless trips when it had run out.
Oxford University was over 300 years old when the Aztec Empire was founded.
Eiffel Tower Facts
Because heat expands the metal, the Eiffel Tower always leans away from the sun.
The Savannah is a cross between a serval and a domestic house cat â€“ You can own one as a pet in certain states.
Fewer people have ever been in space than climbed Mount Everest last year.
Amazon offers its employees up to US$5,000 to quit their jobs â€“ They do this to ensure that their employees really want to work there.