Amazing Everest Facts
1. For every 25 people who have reached the summit of Mount Everest, one person has died trying.
2. Mount Everest is still growing.
3. Climbers have left over 12 tons of human poop on Mt. Everest.
4. Mount Everest has around 200 dead bodies on it, which serve as landmarks on the way to the top.
5. If Mount Everest were placed at the very bottom of the deepest ocean, the peak would still be submerged by a mile of water.
6. Mount Everest is the tallest mountain in the world.
7. If Mount Everest stood on the bottom of the Marianas Trench, there would be over a mile of water between its summit and the surface of the sea.
8. Fewer people have ever been in space than climbed Mount Everest last year.
9. 47-year-old Mark Inglis climbed Everest in 2006, despite having no legs and one of his prostheses snapping in half at 21,000 feet.
10. Mount Everest has its own 3G wireless network.
11. The air at the summit of Mount Everest, 29,029 feet is only a third as thick as the air at sea level.
12. There are over 200 dead bodies on Mount Everest.
Trending in Landmarks
Statue of Liberty Facts
During its restoration in 1982, the Statue of Liberty’s head was accidentally installed two feet off-centre.
88% of working adults in sub-Saharan Africa don’t have a bank account.
The first ever webcam was in the computer lab at Cambridge University. It was trained on the coffee pot in the corridor to save the scientists making pointless trips when it had run out.
Oxford University was over 300 years old when the Aztec Empire was founded.
Eiffel Tower Facts
Because heat expands the metal, the Eiffel Tower always leans away from the sun.
The Savannah is a cross between a serval and a domestic house cat â€“ You can own one as a pet in certain states.
Amazon River Facts
10 of the tributaries flowing into the Amazon river are as big as the Mississippi river.
Fewer people have ever been in space than climbed Mount Everest last year.
Amazon offers its employees up to US$5,000 to quit their jobs â€“ They do this to ensure that their employees really want to work there.