Fascinating Oxford Facts
1. Oxford dictionary has officially included the word "muggle" from Harry Potter and it means "A person without any skillset"
2. Oxford University was over 300 years old when the Aztec Empire was founded.
3. According to an Oxford study, falling in love costs you 2 friends.
4. An Oxford University study has found that for every person you fall in love with and accommodate into your life you lose two close friends.
5. Oxford University is at least 400 years older than the Aztec Empire.
6. According to an Oxford study, falling in love costs you two close friends.
7. Women called Eleanor are 100 times more likely to get into Oxford University than women called Jade.
8. Oxford University (founded 1096 AD) is older than the Aztec civilization (founded 1325 AD).
9. The Oxford Dictionary 2013 word of the year was "selfie." It beat out "bitcoin", "fail" and "twerk."
10. Oxford dictionary has officially included the word "muggle" from Harry Potter and it means "A person without any skillset"
11. Falling in love costs you 2 friends, according to Oxford University.
Trending in Landmarks
Statue of Liberty Facts
During its restoration in 1982, the Statue of Liberty’s head was accidentally installed two feet off-centre.
88% of working adults in sub-Saharan Africa don’t have a bank account.
The first ever webcam was in the computer lab at Cambridge University. It was trained on the coffee pot in the corridor to save the scientists making pointless trips when it had run out.
Oxford University was over 300 years old when the Aztec Empire was founded.
Eiffel Tower Facts
Because heat expands the metal, the Eiffel Tower always leans away from the sun.
The Savannah is a cross between a serval and a domestic house cat â€“ You can own one as a pet in certain states.
Amazon River Facts
10 of the tributaries flowing into the Amazon river are as big as the Mississippi river.
Fewer people have ever been in space than climbed Mount Everest last year.
Amazon offers its employees up to US$5,000 to quit their jobs â€“ They do this to ensure that their employees really want to work there.